A tale of 2 halves in the Mach Loop

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
A380_sully

A tale of 2 halves in the Mach Loop

Post by A380_sully »

A pre-arranged night out in the Red Lion @ Dinas, saw 12 of us descend into the Loop and the wx Gods were kind for a change.

It seems the rest of the Low Level world had heard the call of the social media jungle drums, albeit playing a false beat as it transpired, but to say it was busy on Cad East is an understatement. All parking spaces and the forest clearing were full of cars, so after a brief 30 minutes greeting the local faces and a threat of Eagles at lunch (who've avoided the Cad gap over the last 2 weeks) I changed to Bwlch. The difference in locations was crazy, the wind at Bwlch was blowing a hoolie but we stuck it out. First up was Strix, then Ninja & then Eagles came and bailed due to unsuitable conditions, which as they entered from the South is not surprising given the wind. At Cad East the wx was still and glorious with the throng of Hill Monkeys puzzling over the unfit conditions scanner message.

Still a couple of passes, RTTP'd (retreated to the pub) at 15:00 and had a brilliant evening with some great mates. Saturday headache was unavoidable!

From the only cover I could find come 3 shots, not the sharpest given the strength and severe buffeting of the wind ( I daren't even risk 1/100th on the MC130 it was that wild), but I'll stick them on here for your viewing.

1). Image

2). Image

3). Image

C & C welcomed as always,

Cheers, Kelvin