RAF Lossiemouth 6/12/17

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
ranger703

RAF Lossiemouth 6/12/17

Post by ranger703 »

Hi all,

Long time, very long time since I have posted on here, FB is a lot easier these days! However, I have got to grips with Flickr again after a long absence and thought I would share these from my trip to Lossie on Wednesday. I hadn't planned on the Swiss departing early and had hoped to capture them flying a few waves and night flying. Unfortunately this was not to be and I had to settle with capturing them departing and some of the home team doing their stuff. Light was typical for a December day and after a few repairs recently my 50-500mm is finally showing its age and limitations when attached to the 70D. Anyway, no excuses, I played around with the settings throughout the day and for my first time shooting fast jets for at least 6 months I am fairly happy with these.

ImageLOSSIE1 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE2 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE3 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE4 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE5 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE6 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE7 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE8 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE9 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE10 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE11 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE12 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE13 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE14 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE15 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE16 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE17 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE18 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

ImageLOSSIE19 by Andy Walker, on Flickr

PS. Well that was a bit of an epic! Photobucket took long enough to embed images but I could copy and paste the first image and then just change the image number on subsequent pastes but Photobucket no longer permits embedding of images unless you pay for the premium package! With Flickr I had to copy an past the BBC code for each image which frankly is a pain in the ass and takes time but I am sure you guys are aware of this unless I am missing something and there is an easier way? Surely in this day and age there is a way to upload directly to the site as we do on Facebook etc? Anyway hope it was worth it and you enjoy the images.

Regards

Andy

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: RAF Lossiemouth 6/12/17

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

The facility to upload directly has always been an option with the software, but it is disabled because it would cost an arm and a leg in hosting fees. It already requires a not insignificant monthly fee for the owner to keep this forum running as it is.

It really doesn't take that long to get the code from Flickr. It may not be ideal, but it's not that much of a hardship surely? Flickr is also a very good website/community in and of itself too - far more than Photobucket ever was, and is well worth being a part of IMO.

Anyway, shame about the weather but nice to see some Typhoons still hanging onto their squadron colours.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

DerekF

Re: RAF Lossiemouth 6/12/17

Post by DerekF »

I've used this for multiple Flickr images. Seems to work well.

Generate by IceMaster's Flickr BBCode and HTML Generator