Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby tommc on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 3:42 pm

With a decent looking weather forecast, a few hours at Lakenheath and Mildenhall produced nothing spectacular, but a decent variety.

01.
Image



02.
Image



03.
Image



04.
Image



05.
Image



06.
Image



07.
Image



08.
Image



09.
Image



10.
Image



11.
Image



12.
Image



13.
Image



14.
Image



15.
Image



16.
Image



17.
Image



18.
Image



19.
Image



20.
Image



21.
Image
Regards
TomMc
User avatar
tommc

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby Thomas Beting on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm

Great pictures! Are ladders allowed around these airbases / viewing areas?
User avatar
Thomas Beting

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby tommc on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:06 am

Thomas Beting wrote:Great pictures! Are ladders allowed around these airbases / viewing areas?


Plenty of people use step ladders. Just have the good sense and manners to not lean them on the base fence.
Regards
TomMc
User avatar
tommc

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby harkins on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 11:31 am

Lovely shots and looks like you're getting on well with the RX-10. It's funny how you say 'nothing spectacular' and I do understand what you mean, but whenever I look at photos like these from Lakenheath and Mildenhall I think it looks better than the average airshow. I guess if you're local-ish F-15's and C-21's aren't spectacular, but when Lakenheath is a 10 hour round trip...
User avatar
harkins

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby tommc on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:45 pm

harkins wrote:Lovely shots and looks like you're getting on well with the RX-10. It's funny how you say 'nothing spectacular' and I do understand what you mean, but whenever I look at photos like these from Lakenheath and Mildenhall I think it looks better than the average airshow. I guess if you're local-ish F-15's and C-21's aren't spectacular, but when Lakenheath is a 10 hour round trip...


OK, perhaps "nothing spectacular" should be replaced with "nothing out of the ordinary"
Regards
TomMc
User avatar
tommc

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 12:22 pm

Nice set. What sort of focal length is required for the banking Eagles?
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby austinp on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 12:59 pm

Cool.

Never seen the Osprey fly on my visits.

Need to get back down there.
austinp

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby tommc on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 7:35 pm

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Nice set. What sort of focal length is required for the banking Eagles?


500 to 600 mm.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/cyber-shot-compact-cameras/dsc-rx10m3
Regards
TomMc
User avatar
tommc

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 9:33 pm

Thanks - don't have that much reach so I'll have to stick to the usual spots.

I know they're on a busy week in terms of sorties, were there many overshoots?
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby Tim N on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 10:54 pm

I was there today and there were plenty of overshoots. 4x ‘Bolars’ returned after lunch and performed numerous missed approaches. I haven’t been for years and it was an enjoyable few hours.
The forecast looks good again tomorrow so it’ll be worth a trip although due to half term it is fairly busy.
Tim N

Re: Sunny Suffolk Monday 12th Feb 2018

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 11:59 am

Tim N wrote:I was there today and there were plenty of overshoots. 4x ‘Bolars’ returned after lunch and performed numerous missed approaches. I haven’t been for years and it was an enjoyable few hours.
The forecast looks good again tomorrow so it’ll be worth a trip although due to half term it is fairly busy.

Yes, it was a very good day. Missed the sunset shots I wanted as we'd popped over to Mildenhall, but did get a nice Osprey shot.

Fridays are generally not worth the trip unless you're local as they usually only fly a half day.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff


Return to Modern Military Photos

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

cron