Lakenheath Eagles 15th Feb

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Lakenheath Eagles 15th Feb

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

A week of increased flying operations seemed a good time to visit. Plenty of action but not much variety photographically so not too many to avoid boring you all.

McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle 86-0178 "TACO 22" - 493rd Fighter Squadron, USAFE - RAF Lakenheath, February 2018 by Dan B, on Flickr

McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle 84-0027 "DEADLY 11" - 493rd Fighter Squadron, USAFE - RAF Lakenheath, February 2018 by Dan B, on Flickr

PANTHER 24 had an engine out, I think they said it was an oil system fault on the radio. You can just about see that the starboard engine nozzle is wide open, and the ramp on the intake was up too although this can't be seen in this photo. Landed without incident and taxied off the end of the runway to the north side.

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle 91-0334 "PANTHER 24" - 494th Fighter Squadron, USAFE - RAF Lakenheath, February 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle 91-0311 "BONES 41" - 494th Fighter Squadron, USAFE - RAF Lakenheath, February 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle 00-3003 "RAGE 61" - 494th Fighter Squadron, USAFE - RAF Lakenheath, February 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

Madhatters were entertaining on their return, and nice to see their mission markings remain in situ.

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle 91-0306 "RADER 11" - 492nd Fighter Squadron, USAFE - RAF Lakenheath, February 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle 98-0133 "RADER 14" - 492nd Fighter Squadron, USAFE - RAF Lakenheath, February 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle 98-0134 "DAWG 32" - 492nd Fighter Squadron, USAFE - RAF Lakenheath, February 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

And finally, a couple from Mildenhall. Sounded fairly busy on the scanner all morning, so thought it was worth a punt for the afternoon. This was the only movement photographed in about two hours, but pleased to get a better shot of an Osprey in the bag.

Bell-Boeing CV-22B Osprey 11-0058 "KNIFE 79" - 7th SOS, 352nd SOG USAFE - RAF Mildenhall, February 2018 by Dan B, on Flickr

Bell-Boeing CV-22B Osprey 11-0058 "KNIFE 79" - 7th SOS, 352nd SOG USAFE - RAF Mildenhall, February 2018 by Dan B, on Flickr

Sunset shots I was hoping for at Lakenheath didn't work out as only one jet arrived back in time. This was the best I managed, but the fence annoys.

McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle 84-0027 - 493rd Fighter Squadron, USAFE - RAF Lakenheath, February 2018 by Dan B, on Flickr

Must try harder for more variety on my next visit.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Tim N

Re: Lakenheath Eagles 15th Feb

Post by Tim N »

Great shots , it was a lovely day to make my return and these are a handy photographic record of my visit. I didn’t arrive until after 10 and left at half 2 to avoid the rush hour heading south. I saw the returning and overshooting 492nd jets though and left after a 6 ship of ‘Reapers’ headed off. Thanks for posting Dan .

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Tim N wrote:Great shots , it was a lovely day to make my return and these are a handy photographic record of my visit. I didn’t arrive until after 10 and left at half 2 to avoid the rush hour heading south. I saw the returning and overshooting 492nd jets though and left after a 6 ship of ‘Reapers’ headed off. Thanks for posting Dan .

Thanks Tim. Plenty more going up on my Flickr page - all very repetitive but they're easy to edit so I'll keep going.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Lovely shots Dan :up:

Keep meaning to get down there myself at some point, especially as I'm only just down the road!

bigboysteve

Post by bigboysteve »

I'm new to the website and I've got a picture that I took and would like to upload it....but how do you do it? Thank you in anticiptation

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

bigboysteve wrote:I'm new to the website and I've got a picture that I took and would like to upload it....but how do you do it? Thank you in anticiptation

Welcome. There's a guide here - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

Lovely crisp light, love the last one especially
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

bigboysteve

Post by bigboysteve »

Thanks for your help, just one at the moment I'm no expert but it looks ok to me

ImageLakenheath Suffolk by springett11, on Flickr