Marham Enthusiasts Day 21st June 2018

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
disgruntled

Re: Marham Enthusiasts Day 21st June 2018

Post by disgruntled »

You are spot on effects. It does look as if this has been a “candidates task” that said candidate has dropped the ball on for whatever reason (note individual not institutional). The idea of an enthusiast from inside is perfect as the very first thing they would do would be to manage expectations of the spotter community. It would appear that this was the overriding error in this case as I have no doubt that the project would have been started with all good intentions.

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

When people put uniforms on in the services, they see the civilian population as something alien and they become very indifferent from their own race.
So the last thing some of these government automatons want to do, is go out there way to help them. Especially the variety with a camera called
a spotter/photographer type, this type of human is not mentioned in there training :whistle: and is something of a mystery. When it comes to helping them
in this new digital age...their minds will be going(it does not compute) :clown: ..shall I annihilate sir... :dizzy: :lmao:
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

effects

Post by effects »

jonny7 wrote:When people put uniforms on in the services, they see the civilian population as something alien and they become very indifferent from their own race.
So the last thing some of these government automatons want to do, is go out there way to help them. Especially the variety with a camera called
a spotter/photographer type, this type of human is not mentioned in there training :whistle: and is something of a mystery. When it comes to helping them
in this new digital age...their minds will be going(it does not compute) :clown: ..shall I annihilate sir... :dizzy: :lmao:

:claypole:
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

effects wrote:
disgruntled wrote:That’s the point I’m making.
Yes I do have a better grasp because these types of event are similar to the job I do every day in the military as a serving SNCO. So I speak from a position of relative knowledge experience and understanding. I do not however have the full facts so was asking questions to ascertain the facts as best I can so that I could make comment in a sensible and informed way instead of jumping on the bash the RAF bandwagon.

Civvies! They will never understand.
... :joystick: :claypole:
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

disgruntled

Post by disgruntled »

Treat it with the contempt it deserves effects...

effects

Post by effects »

disgruntled wrote:Treat it with the contempt it deserves effects...

Indeed I will, to think I may have interacted with this cretin at one photocall or another.

Epic Formacion

Post by Epic Formacion »

So has anybody asked the hosts for a comment or sent feedback?

rob68

Post by rob68 »

Yes, I emailed my thoughts direct to them yesterday, I haven't received a response yet but neither would I expect one as it's the weekend and they may otherwise be engaged

CJS

Post by CJS »

The Baron wrote:With it being Marham, a historic bomber station, and 617 Squadron being the first to stand up with the new toy I'm surprised that the Lancaster and Blenheim weren't in attendance instead of a poxy Spitfire.
Certainly smacks of minimum effort and I pity the poor saps who attended.

Now, there's no need for that kind of foul language thank you very much. :grin:

I didn't go, nor will I pretend to have a better grasp (of anything, let alone this) than anyone else, but I'm sure as hell glad I didn't!

Nothing, nothing at all, can justify such amounts for this. Ignore all the other arguments, there really can be no justification. As others have said, too many groups are getting away with this kind of silliness these days.

Have to agree with caper's comment too, what a flippin' steal RIAT is. :shock:
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

effects

Post by effects »

CJS wrote:
The Baron wrote:With it being Marham, a historic bomber station, and 617 Squadron being the first to stand up with the new toy I'm surprised that the Lancaster and Blenheim weren't in attendance instead of a poxy Spitfire.
Certainly smacks of minimum effort and I pity the poor saps who attended.

Now, there's no need for that kind of foul language thank you very much. :grin:

I didn't go, nor will I pretend to have a better grasp (of anything, let alone this) than anyone else, but I'm sure as hell glad I didn't!

Nothing, nothing at all, can justify such amounts for this. Ignore all the other arguments, there really can be no justification. As others have said, too many groups are getting away with this kind of silliness these days.

Have to agree with caper's comment too, what a flippin' steal RIAT is. :shock:

Or Farnborough!

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Anyone received a reply from Marham yet?

My mails been in since Tuesday but not a sausage from them by means of an acknowledgement that they have received my e-mail.
Got to love Russianhardware

rob68

Post by rob68 »

I've had an email saying they will look into what happened and they would respond by the end of the week, that will be tomorrow then.

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

cheers Rob,
be interesting to hear what they have to say for themselves.
Dave

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

anyone get a reply?

i've not even had a polite, 'thanks we are looking into it' reply.

John_E

Post by John_E »

I had what I’m guessing was a standard response on 25th June saying he was looking into what went on and he hoped to have a response sent out to everyone by the end of last week. I’ve heard nothing since.

rob68

Post by rob68 »

I've had nothing BTW

John_E

Post by John_E »

Email received today with a letter from the Stn Cdr attached. General gist is that he feels they tried their best. The letter also contains an offer of a 50% refund or an invite to the Friends & Familes day.

AlphaVictor

Post by AlphaVictor »

In fairness to RAF Marham and the Station boss its a very nice offer. One which I will be taking up (families day that is).I hope that the majority of the other enthusiasts can make it as well.