111 Combat Wing, Nea Anghialos, Greece

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
Savvas

111 Combat Wing, Nea Anghialos, Greece

Post by Savvas »

This is the last post of the year by me and here are some pics from 111CW, the Viper Nest of Hellenic Air Force, earlier this year.

F-16D Blk50 347M "Perseus" by Savvas Savvaidis, on Flickr

F-16C Blk50 341M "Arrow" by Savvas Savvaidis, on Flickr

F-16C Blk30 330M "Keraunos" by Savvas Savvaidis, on Flickr

F-16C Blk30 330M "Keraunos" by Savvas Savvaidis, on Flickr

F-16C Blk50 347M "Perseus" by Savvas Savvaidis, on Flickr

The whole Flickr album is here.

I wish you every happiness for 2019!! Cheers!!!

scotthldr

Re: 111 Combat Wing, Nea Anghialos, Greece

Post by scotthldr »

Great stuff, I notice that all the serials have been erased from your shots was this on instruction of the HAF?

Savvas

Post by Savvas »

scotthldr wrote:Great stuff, I notice that all the serials have been erased from your shots was this on instruction of the HAF?

Yes indeed. :smile:

BDL

Post by BDL »

Nice set Savvas.

nellis6

Post by nellis6 »

Savvas wrote:
scotthldr wrote:Great stuff, I notice that all the serials have been erased from your shots was this on instruction of the HAF?

Nice images Savvas. Strange they asked you to scrub the serials as they have never asked me to do this. My last visit was to Araxos earlier this year, is this something introduced very recently or was there a reason for this?

Mike
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
http://www.jetwashaviationphotos.com

Savvas

Post by Savvas »

nellis6 wrote:
Savvas wrote:

Nice images Savvas. Strange they asked you to scrub the serials as they have never asked me to do this. My last visit was to Araxos earlier this year, is this something introduced very recently or was there a reason for this?

Mike

Hi Mike!

To be honest with you it’s more on the 111CW security side. They are more strict with security regulations than other bases. For example during my visit at SOT later this year there was no instruction about serials just for installments like shelters or buildings.

nellis6

Post by nellis6 »

Savvas wrote:
nellis6 wrote:
Savvas wrote:

Mike

Hi Mike!

To be honest with you it’s more on the 111CW security side. They are more strict with security regulations than other bases. For example during my visit at SOT later this year there was no instruction about serials just for installments like shelters or buildings.

Oh OK. Buildings are normal practice. Volos is the one HAF base I haev never visited, but is on my 'To Do'list.
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
http://www.jetwashaviationphotos.com

soundbarrier

Post by soundbarrier »

Savvas wrote:
nellis6 wrote:
Savvas wrote:

Mike

Hi Mike!

Not to much work I think since many Greek F-16 serials are hardly visible anyway. :whistle: Nice series anyway ...

Hurk6

Post by Hurk6 »

nellis6 wrote:
Savvas wrote:

Mike
Same here. Till now no regulations about serials/shelternr. ore what so ever Savvas, and I wander a week long on an airbase (111, 117CW) last year. How about 110CW and the IDF Det. last year.. Did you visit ?

Savvas

Post by Savvas »

Unfortunately not... No permission granted.... :sad: :sad:

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

I wonder if it has to do with how many of their jets are flying...