New Moderators

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
mattlaker

Re: New Moderators

Post by mattlaker »

Random wrote:Oh dear, all but three of the names here are 17 or younger...it's not looking up for UKAR! :grin:

If that's the case, and some are to be believed, shouldn't the job title be changed to 'modr8r'? :grin:

I do agree that there is a need for more mods on here, and if i could spare the time i would gladly put my name in. I feel that a lot of those who are putting their names in the frame would do a great job of modding, under 18's included.
Matt hates Photo Etch as of today

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Random wrote:Oh dear, all but three of the names here are 17 or younger...it's not looking up for UKAR! :grin:

Pick me though

I for one can not see what difference a person's age makes to how well they can moderate, I know people under the age of 17 that can spell and write a lot better than some people over that age and anyway a bit of youth would surely be good for the UKAR team. :smile:

Like the 'pick me though', I was thinking of doing something a bit similar but you beat me to it. You can also pick me if you like

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery »

mattlaker wrote:

If that's the case, and some are to be believed, shouldn't the job title be changed to 'modr8r'? :grin:

You think us under 18s are going to spend the time to write out modr8r, when we could just put mod? Mad I tell you! :grin:

Macc

Post by Macc »

I wouldn't mind being a moderator either. :)

Moder8r...oh dear :grin: Hate it when numbers are used like letters. :sick:

Macc :)

StevenH

Post by StevenH »

Rather any of you than me... :grin:

stuart n

Post by stuart n »

I'd be prepared to give it a go :smile:

Trevsy

Post by Trevsy »

Hi folks, I will have a go at it if you like. I have been a firm supporter of the board for many years now and would like to contribute. :smile:
"Dom Pérignon '62 Red 5?" - Roger Moore

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

Trevsy wrote:Hi folks, I will have a go at it if you like. I have been a firm supporter of the board for many years now and would like to contribute. :smile:

Bring on the inter-sibling rivalry! :grin:

Trevsy

Post by Trevsy »

Random wrote:
Trevsy wrote:Hi folks, I will have a go at it if you like. I have been a firm supporter of the board for many years now and would like to contribute. :smile:

Bring on the inter-sibling rivalry! :grin:

There's no rivalry - I'm better.
"Dom Pérignon '62 Red 5?" - Roger Moore

5BWMINOT

Post by 5BWMINOT »

Just a thought.Have you considered the fact that some people can not write that well for medical reasons.But may have a sharp mind.

I would welcome your reply on this Admins.

Jim.

agdickie
UKAR Staff

Post by agdickie »

If they've got a sharp mind they could probably deduce that using a spell-checker will ensure their posts are intelligible and as such any medical issues wouldn't be a problem. We don't require Oxford English graduates, just people that can put there thoughts down in a clear manner. Doesn't matter how smart they may be if they can't communicate it. Harsh? Yes, but also the truth.
Agdickie on Airliners.net
Hey jet pilots! Do a barrell roll!

Kokpit

Post by Kokpit »

agdickie wrote:just people that can put there thoughts down in a clear manner. Doesn't matter how smart they may be if they can't communicate it.

I'll probably get black balled for this, but, it was just too hard to resist ;)

Kev.

PS: If it helps, I promise never to pick on staff again, assuming of course I'm not banned in the meantime!... Cheers.

agdickie
UKAR Staff

Post by agdickie »

D'oh! Well i got the first one right so that's a 50:50 ratio, i reckon that's a win :grin:
Agdickie on Airliners.net
Hey jet pilots! Do a barrell roll!

5BWMINOT

Post by 5BWMINOT »

Do you not have a spell checker.I could not resist.

But i see your point.

Let us hope you get a good team in place,just like FC.And we can work together instead of at loggerheads.I am sure you agree.No more gunfights at the OK Coral.

Jim.

steves4ssl

Post by steves4ssl »

5BWMINOT wrote:Just a thought.Have you considered the fact that some people can not write that well for medical reasons.But may have a sharp mind.

Jim.

Firefox has an excellent plug-in that highlights spelling errors as you type your post, giving you a drop down list of corrections at the simple click of a right mouse button ... in fact it is just like the one found in Word.

You can find it here .... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3366 - there really is little excuse for poor spelling these days ....

Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Post by Harlequin67 »

steves4ssl wrote:
5BWMINOT wrote:Just a thought.Have you considered the fact that some people can not write that well for medical reasons.But may have a sharp mind.

Jim.

Firefox has an excellent plug-in that highlights spelling errors as you type your post, giving you a drop down list of corrections at the simple click of a right mouse button ... in fact it is just like the one found in Word.

You can find it here .... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3366 - there really is little excuse for poor spelling these days ....

Thanks Steve. It is done!
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Can I also put myself forward to be a UKAR Moderator, or am I too late? (Been on holiday!)

Thanks, Peter :smile:

steves4ssl

Post by steves4ssl »

Harlequin67 wrote:
steves4ssl wrote:

Jim.

Thanks Steve. It is done!

It's great isn't it .... :smile:

I only found out about it a couple of months ago ... plus some other useful ones such as NoScript and FlashBlock ...

jaguarfarewellday

Post by jaguarfarewellday »

My farewell hats in the ring , only just got back from hols.

Paul
what we have here is a complete lack of respect for the law !

vandal

Post by vandal »

DanO1978 wrote:
5BWMINOT wrote:Do you not have a spell checker.I could not resist.

But i see your point.

Let us hope you get a good team in place,just like FC.And we can work together instead of at loggerheads.I am sure you agree.No more gunfights at the OK Coral.

Jim.

There's no reason why UKAR and FC can't get on famously - would be fun to arrange something to bring the two together at one of the shows maybe?

Might be missing something here, but I'd always thought that a lot of UKAR members are also posters on FC and other similar forums too, I am.

Edited to add that I too would love to be involved in moderating, but unfortunately I'm not on the forum that often nowadays so that would rule me out.

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

joethefuturepilot wrote:

Maybe the Mods could be changed on an X-monthly rota

IMHO that would be a baaaad idea, as it would just result in a lot of 'brownie point' scoring going on.

2shae

Post by 2shae »

Would love(?) to help out, so put my name down as well!

Tug 747
UKAR Moderators

Post by Tug 747 »

I have only just seen this put me down please if i am not to late thanks
spend enough time on here browsing so i may as well do some good try to put some thing back

Anson

Post by Anson »

i would like to throw my sombrero into the ring also
25 Group Royal Observer Corps

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

If it's not too late, I would like to put my name down also.