Kleine Brogel Tiger Meet

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Kleine Brogel Tiger Meet

Post by boff180 »

This is shaping up to be a great Tiger Meet...

70 aircraft so far and that doesn't include arrivals for the airshow! :yahoo: :rock:

Can't wait!

Andy

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Super Étendards unfortunately cancelled, but Gripens from Hungary now confirmed. Hope I get the Super Étendard at RIAT! :drool:

And from scramble.nl this picture:

http://www.scramble.nl/forum/viewtopic. ... 47#p337247

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Tickets are now avaialble to book on-line, via links on the official website.

When you get through to teh ticket site its bits are in Flemish (eg teh country you live in), but relatively easy to understand.

Its a good move to have advanced bookings, it will avoid problems at the gate.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

ursa_major

Post by ursa_major »

zigzag wrote:Tickets are now avaialble to book on-line, via links on the official website.

When you get through to teh ticket site its bits are in Flemish (eg teh country you live in), but relatively easy to understand.

Its a good move to have advanced bookings, it will avoid problems at the gate.

ZigZag, did you see any tickets solely for the Spottersday? I've followed the link and can still only see the KB/Sanicole combi ticket. Not much use to me as I'm not doing Sanicole..

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Please go on with the purchase on the page, on the next page will be the options of combi and single ticket!

ursa_major

Post by ursa_major »

Thanks Eizo! Virtual pint on it's way to you! :D

G.

Eireair

Post by Eireair »

Lads,

One Question is KB Reachable via Train or is a car the only way to get there?

cheers

George

Koen L

Post by Koen L »

Not sure where you'll be travelling from but you can take a train to the city of Hasselt and from there you'd have to continue by bus but I'm not sure where the busstops are and how far the walk to the approach (or base entrance for the spottersday) would be. Going by car would be the better option of course.

Koen

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

If they keep the entrance in the same location as previous times (and why shouldn't they?), your best bet is by bus (no trains anywhere near).

Bus 33 calls at Kleine Brogel spotterscorner, from there, walk towards the Herenwijerstraat (couple 100 yards) and voilà.

Line 33 can be taken either at the train station of Neerpelt or that of Genk (careful, Genk, not Gent!)

You can find the timetable at http://www.delijn.be or send me a PM with the time you think you'll require transportation, because in our helpful Belgian spirit, we never bothered to translate the website into English :loser:

Eireair

Post by Eireair »

Tks Chrissie,

Not a clue what is contained on that website or so I think I will hire a car to be honest, there only €40 for the day.

Appreciate the assistance.

cheers

George.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Ok, if you change your mind, just drop me a note and I'll be glad to help with info.

tu114cleat

Post by tu114cleat »

My friend has bought two tickets for us, but both have his name only, hich appears to be genuine.
I wonder has anyone come across this? I don't want to turn up and not get in. :sad:

frank

Post by frank »

tu114cleat wrote:My friend has bought two tickets for us, but both have his name only, hich appears to be genuine.
I wonder has anyone come across this? I don't want to turn up and not get in. :sad:

Yup same here I was thinking same thing but if you look the tickets have different numbers eg 101372 and 101373 so should be ok

tu114cleat

Post by tu114cleat »

Many thanks Frank, :smile: I will get my friend to check the tickets he has printed out.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Hi can anyone help with accomodation/where to stay for KB and Sanicole,even a campsite area,trying to do this on the cheap :biggrin:

st24

Post by st24 »

Belgian Tiger F16 has been revealed... not one of the best but its different I s'pose... (page 5)

http://www.scramble.nl/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&start=60
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

That tail is amazing! Can't wait!

Andy

ursa_major

Post by ursa_major »

Probably the kiss of death, but Wunderground are showing Thursday as scattered clouds, 25C and Friday scattered clouds, 23C. Sunscreen & hat going in the bag I reckon!

frank

Post by frank »

Really enjoyed Ocean Tiger last year but this will be my first trip to KB - any tips or info gratefully received - are there likely to be big queue`s to get, is it well managed or a free for all, what time do gates open, are we shooting into the sun etc etc. If you dont want to clog up the board please pm me please
many thanks for any info Frankl

DamienB

Post by DamienB »

Great day at KB today - that formation of most of the special schemed jets was worth the trip alone.

However, heard on the commentary a British enthusiast died after a medical emergency on site - saddened to hear that on what was such a perfect sunny and action-filled day.

IanOlder

Post by IanOlder »

DamienB wrote:Great day at KB today - that formation of most of the special schemed jets was worth the trip alone.

I'd go along with that, 600m round trip but it was a fantastic day, superb action all day and superbly organised. Infact I'd struggle to think of anything about this event to criticise. Top job to all at KB :clap:
Thats awful news though, I saw the ambulances mid morning but couldnt hear the commentary where I was.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Have to agree, was certainly the best event I have attended this year by a long way. Cracking touch making all recovering aircraft taxi past the crowd!

It is really sad that a Brit passed away but it was good that a moments silence was held for him. Do we know who he was?

Andy

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Wonderful event with near-constant movement. A massive 'thank you' to all the organisers and aircrews involved - I honestly can't remember the last time I enjoyed a day's aviation that much. Photos to follow, and off to Sanicole tomorrow - the forecast is, ahem, interesting... :whistle:

BTW very saddened to hear of the death of the British guy; standing where I was we were completely unaware that anything untoward might have happened so the announcement when it came over the tannoy was a real shock.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

frank

Post by frank »

It was for the me the best event I attended this year by a country mile and quite possibly for quite a few years. The organisation, layout and the participation but also the Weather - Sun all day behind you - fantastic.
Im just about to dowload my photos from camera to computer so will try to post some photos as well