Please Tell Us What You Think About Our New Website

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
croaky

Re: Please Tell Us What You Think About Our New Website

Post by croaky »

Yes a hearty round of applause to all.The forum gets better by the day.

Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Aesthetically it looks nice. Like the homepage too. Bit hard to grasp at first but in time it comes. Overall its good to me

KevinJ

Post by KevinJ »

Forums are coming along great, thanks for all the work put into the change. The main page articles are excellent as well, I very much enjoyed Karl's look behind the scenes with the Chinook team in particular.

I've just pay-pal'd a tenner to help out Paul with the costs a bit, hope everyone can donate a small amount for all the viewing pleasure it provides.

KarlADrage

Post by KarlADrage »

Glad you liked it Kev. We've got lots more 'behind the scenes' style pieces to roll out over the winter and beyond. :biggrin:

Rory76

Post by Rory76 »

Any chance of getting the option to sort threads by topic start date back? It was really handy with the photo sections and when you return after an absence.

Just the one mini gripe tho!
Ricoh Caplio R5

Sony A300 ('L' Plates Fitted)

ianf

Post by ianf »

I've been offline for a while just after the board restarted and I do like the improvements and tweaks done to the board. changing the background colour does make a difference, well done! One minor gripe I still have is, can we have an address book in the user control panel please, its a pain having to refind a friends name everytime you want to Pm them.
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

Lumix

Post by Lumix »

[quote="Rory76"]Any chance of getting the option to sort threads by topic start date back? It was really handy with the photo sections and when you return after an absence.

Now that the 'Golden Oldies' have had a new Forum added, this is my one remaining wish! It would make life much easier when trying to catch up after a few days away.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

All looks pretty good to me! :clap:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

tache3
UKAR Supporter

Post by tache3 »

Something I have discovered, which I find monumentally irritating, is that if I use the back button on the browser after reading a post it comes up with 'Webpage has Expired' and I have to scroll down to the list of forums and select the one I want to get back to the list of topics. This doesn't happen on all of them though Aviation Waffle is fine but both Off Topic and Modern Mil Photo do this? Am I alone here or has anyone else found this? I'm using latest version of IE.

Russ

Post by Russ »

tache3 wrote:Something I have discovered, which I find monumentally irritating, is that if I use the back button on the browser after reading a post it comes up with 'Webpage has Expired' and I have to scroll down to the list of forums and select the one I want to get back to the list of topics. This doesn't happen on all of them though Aviation Waffle is fine but both Off Topic and Modern Mil Photo do this? Am I alone here or has anyone else found this? I'm using latest version of IE.

That doesn't happen in Firefox.

Spock

Post by Spock »

tache3 wrote:Something I have discovered, which I find monumentally irritating, is that if I use the back button on the browser after reading a post it comes up with 'Webpage has Expired' and I have to scroll down to the list of forums and select the one I want to get back to the list of topics. This doesn't happen on all of them though Aviation Waffle is fine but both Off Topic and Modern Mil Photo do this? Am I alone here or has anyone else found this? I'm using latest version of IE.

I'm on IE latest version & it's not happening to me :biggrin: :biggrin:

Fede88z

Post by Fede88z »

RAF Photos wrote:In case you hadn't noticed we've got a new website (which rock where you living under?)!

Please visit www.airshows.co.uk and report your feedback here.

We'd love to know what you think about it, what you like, what you dislike and perhaps what features you think it's lacking and you'd like to see added in the future.

It's very nice and well done!!! :rock:

RAF Photos
UKAR Staff

Post by RAF Photos »

That should only ever happen after your browser has submitted POST data (i.e. filled in a form of some sort, e.g. search, login etc...) so is weird that it does it all the time for you in certain forums.

Do you do something every time you visit certain forums or topics, like use the "Display topic" options below all the topics, then hit the back and forward buttons in your browser? Or use the "Display posts" options in a thread? It looks like that would do it but it shouldn't.

I suggest you download a proper browser like Mozilla Firefox and try that. :grin:
Peter Clements,
UKAR Staff & Web Developer.

Steve_W_1962

Post by Steve_W_1962 »

'Tis quality, well done to all involved :clap: :clap: :clap:

Geoff Hibbert

Post by Geoff Hibbert »

RAF Photos wrote:

That should only ever happen after your browser has submitted POST data (i.e. filled in a form of some sort, e.g. search, login etc...) so is weird that it does it all the time for you in certain forums.

Do you do something every time you visit certain forums or topics, like use the "Display topic" options below all the topics, then hit the back and forward buttons in your browser? Or use the "Display posts" options in a thread? It looks like that would do it but it shouldn't.

I suggest you download a proper browser like Mozilla Firefox and try that. :grin:

Does it for me too every time but not in the Staff forum strangely!!

Stu666

Post by Stu666 »

Cosmetically the new board is nice, but I found the last board far easier to browse. There was more differentation between topics and sections. I am not fond of the wider layout either, the text was easier to follow when it didn't go right to the edge of the pages.

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery »

Why was the decision made to remove the little roundels under each members name - thought they were rather fun :smile:

RAF Photos
UKAR Staff

Post by RAF Photos »

TheOriginalMonty wrote:Why was the decision made to remove the little roundels under each members name - thought they were rather fun :smile:

To stop people posting for the sake of posting, same reason members' post counts aren't available next to each post.
Peter Clements,
UKAR Staff & Web Developer.

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery »

RAF Photos wrote:
TheOriginalMonty wrote:Why was the decision made to remove the little roundels under each members name - thought they were rather fun :smile:

To stop people posting for the sake of posting, same reason members' post counts aren't available next to each post.

Oh ok thanks :smile:

Rory76

Post by Rory76 »

Can I reiterate my previous request for the return of the 'sort by topic start date' option please?

It makes life easier when returning after a week or so, and when viewing the photos sections- I'm not really that bothered about who's posted further comments, just new albums.

As said before though, my only gripe.
Ricoh Caplio R5

Sony A300 ('L' Plates Fitted)

andyxh558

Post by andyxh558 »

I know it is a bit late in the day but are we going to be able to retreve any of the pictures in the old ukar images as i have lost acouple from my hard drive that were uploaded on that. can anyone help?

BOBCAT

Post by BOBCAT »

New site seems ok, shame that some of the more prolific posters consider themselves to be the board stasi. Shame really, all should be able to contribute / seek guidance equally. :butt: to those who think their knowledge allows them to tease / ridicule / mickey take at will :looser:

Post by 40612 »

BOBCAT wrote:New site seems ok, shame that some of the more prolific posters consider themselves to be the board stasi. Shame really, all should be able to contribute / seek guidance equally. :butt: to those who think their knowledge allows them to tease / ridicule / mickey take at will :looser:

Very well said. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chris.Globe

Post by Chris.Globe »

40612 wrote:
BOBCAT wrote:New site seems ok, shame that some of the more prolific posters consider themselves to be the board stasi. Shame really, all should be able to contribute / seek guidance equally. :butt: to those who think their knowledge allows them to tease / ridicule / mickey take at will :looser:

Very well said. :clap: :clap: :clap:

+1.
Cheers,
Chris Globe – http://chrisglobe.com
World Museums Editor – http://freebirddb.com

Sussexlad

Post by Sussexlad »

The new site is not so easy to use as the old one. For instance, when I try to include any image in a post I get the folowing message, 'It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image'. I'm not doing anything different to what I used to do on the old site and am ensuring as I did before that my images are not > 800 pixels longest side. Any ideas gratefully received!

Cheers,
Tim.
https://tim-beach-photography.weebly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;