Scandinavian Historic Flight Up For Grabs

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Boghopper Mk 11a

Scandinavian Historic Flight Up For Grabs

Post by Boghopper Mk 11a »

This months flypast on page 73 has a nice half page spread advertising that 2 of the SHF are on the market

A-26 Invader " SUGERLAND EXPRESS "
P-51D Mustang " OLD CROW "

The 2 are well known on the european airshow curcuit, and have been for the last 20 years, as I have said in other threads ,in the warbird world everything has a life time span.

Both machines being listed with US broker Courtesy Aircraft Sales

Mart
Last edited by Boghopper Mk 11a on Mon 31 May 2010, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Scandinavian Historic Flight Up For Grabs

Post by boff180 »

:sad:

Would be a crime to see Old Crow leave Europe.

Do TFC fancy another 'tang Martyn? :whistle:

Andy

Boghopper Mk 11a

Post by Boghopper Mk 11a »

Andy

You just can't have enough 51's, whoever buys this aircraft in my own opinion needs to give it a complete overhaul, very tired machine.

Mart

F-86

Post by F-86 »

Boghopper Mk 11a wrote:Andy

You just can't have enough 51's, whoever buys this aircraft in my own opinion needs to give it a complete overhaul, very tired machine.

Mart

Certainly has been around for a while, it would be a shame to lose both of them from europe.

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Is the rest of their fleet up for sale? They've got a TF-35 Draken and that could potentially be restored to airworthiness condition.

T.S.W

Post by T.S.W »

If who ever got thhe Draken going there is the problem of the Avpin starter as you probably know they are Avon engined.The last Avpin around was in Austria.And the only other place that makes the fuel is in India and the cost is astronomical.

But i have to admit it would be nice.

Kurt

Post by Kurt »

Shame to see them both up for sale, I hope they stay in Europe. I wonder if Meier Motors would be interested....

Lomcevak26

Post by Lomcevak26 »

I happen to know at least one UKAR member is trying to raise the funds necessary to purchase them. Good luck with that! :grin:

Seriously - hope they stay in Europe: Sugerland Express is a wonderful warbird and an awesome airshow performer.

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

Yes it would be a real big shame if both Aircraft leave Europe. I do love a good 'Old Crow' display, especially last year, when Anna Walker was flying her at DX in June. :drool:

James
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.

EGL

Post by EGL »

Would be a real shame to see them leave Europe. As someone else has already said you can't have enough P-51's but the A26 is a bit of rare beast here nowadays.

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

T.S.W wrote:If who ever got thhe Draken going there is the problem of the Avpin starter as you probably know they are Avon engined.The last Avpin around was in Austria.And the only other place that makes the fuel is in India and the cost is astronomical.

But i have to admit it would be nice.
There is allready an airworthy Draken in Sweden (Johan 56), this year you can see it at Skrydstrup in Denmark in June, and at the Gothenburg airshow in Sweden in August :)