'A moment for reflection' - Chatsworth House 040910

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
Sully

'A moment for reflection' - Chatsworth House 040910

Post by Sully »

Hi all

Having visited Chatsworth House last year for the annual Country Fair and balloon meet and with a favourable forecast on the cards, myself and a friend decided to take a trip out last Saturday morning. Things didn't look good as we arrived with pretty thick ground mist and the rising sun struggling to burn it away however the gathered pilots seemed confident and determined to take to the air at some point soon.

Thankfully the weather started to improve although from the first few shots below you can get an idea just how misty it was. Some of the balloons had decided to go off the main estate to launch and this led to some of the more photogenic 'reflective' shots, with the mist having fully disappeared by this point. All in all well worth a run out and it made the 5am start not quite as painful as it was!!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures (c&c welcome)

regards
Kev Sullivan

Wes_Howes

Re: 'A moment for reflection' - Chatsworth House 040910

Post by Wes_Howes »

This is easily the most tranquil set I've seen on here. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite but if pushed I'd say it was the penultimate shot :clap: Great work Kev

Sully

Post by Sully »

Thanks guys

Really appreciate the comments and it was a fantastic morning for getting a few atmospheric shots. Unfortunately with ballooning it's a case of 'you win some, you lose some' with the dependancy on the weather and there's been many a time when things haven't turned out as fortunate

thanks for looking

regards
Kev

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

Those are lovely. Wish i'd known about this as I only live about 3/4 hours drive away.