Please Tell Us What You Think About Our New Website

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Re: Please Tell Us What You Think About Our New Website

Post by Ben H »

Just one thing from me - is there any chance that the thread background colour can be changed from grey back to blue - it seems just a touch too bright at the moment?

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Sussexlad wrote:The new site is not so easy to use as the old one. For instance, when I try to include any image in a post I get the folowing message, 'It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image'. I'm not doing anything different to what I used to do on the old site and am ensuring as I did before that my images are not > 800 pixels longest side. Any ideas gratefully received!

Cheers,
Tim.

Can you paste a link to a pic for me please?

Ben - we've already made the grey darker than it was when we launched.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

BOBCAT

Post by BOBCAT »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Sussexlad wrote:The new site is not so easy to use as the old one. For instance, when I try to include any image in a post I get the folowing message, 'It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image'. I'm not doing anything different to what I used to do on the old site and am ensuring as I did before that my images are not > 800 pixels longest side. Any ideas gratefully received!

Cheers,
Tim.

LN Strike Eagle, any chance of an answer / comment on the 3 posts above the 2 you have acknowledged in your reply above? The sentiments appear to be echoed on a number of threads at the moment with people getting tired of old attitudes and (finally) voicing their concerns about poor manners on this board. Being a newcomer I commend the obvious time and hard work which is evident in the forum - it would be a shame for it all to be for nought if the status quo remains and members are driven away by an inflexible attitude towards the downright rude and "flamepost / bait" merchants.

You have asked for feedback, it has been offered, may I now have the courtesy of a staff reply? Thank you.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

BOBCAT wrote:LN Strike Eagle, any chance of an answer / comment on the 3 posts above the 2 you have acknowledged in your reply above? The sentiments appear to be echoed on a number of threads at the moment with people getting tired of old attitudes and (finally) voicing their concerns about poor manners on this board. Being a newcomer I commend the obvious time and hard work which is evident in the forum - it would be a shame for it all to be for nought if the status quo remains and members are driven away by an inflexible attitude towards the downright rude and "flamepost / bait" merchants.

You have asked for feedback, it has been offered, may I now have the courtesy of a staff reply? Thank you.

Sorry - didn't realise that you were asking a question or making a point you wanted a specific answer to.

I'm pretty sure that manners and being courteous are covered in the forum rules, but like many of the rules we've included to make the experience more pleasant for everyone (spelling, grammar, caps lock are a few other examples), they can tend to be ignored. However, I'd be happy to discuss your concerns via PMs if you wish to elaborate further.

Tiger_26

Post by Tiger_26 »

The new board doesn't seem to realise that the clocks have changed ! Ive just posted a reply in "Waffle" (Northolt night photography) five minutes ago at 1520 and it shows as 1620

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Tiger_26 wrote:The new board doesn't seem to realise that the clocks have changed ! Ive just posted a reply in "Waffle" (Northolt night photography) five minutes ago at 1520 and it shows as 1620

Switch BST off in your profile - it's under the "board preferences" section.

Sussexlad

Post by Sussexlad »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:

Cheers,
Tim.

Hi, yes, the link is: http://www.tim-beach.com/ukar/v747/imgp0259.jpg and here is another that shows on the old forum site ok: http://www.tim-beach.com/ukar/v747/imgp7611.jpg

Apologies if I'm doing something stupid but I don't think I am!

Cheers,
Tim.
https://tim-beach-photography.weebly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Both work absolutely fine for me...?

IanOlder

Post by IanOlder »

Cheers,
Tim.

Same happened to me the other day Tim, I'd copied the links from photobucket and pasted them in as a batch but kept getting that message. In the end I just entered them one at a time using the "Img" button.

Sussexlad

Post by Sussexlad »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Both work absolutely fine for me...?

Hi,
I guess there must have been some sort of temporary glich especially as others have reported the same, as I've done nothing different but been able to submit the post perfectly ok today, see: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2735

Thanks for your interest anyway.

Cheers,
Tim.
https://tim-beach-photography.weebly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RAB 1

Post by RAB 1 »

The new site look's fantastic to me , totally free will only cost your sainity. :topbombing:

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Very good, like the new website a lot. :clap:

skippyscage

Post by skippyscage »

I haven't logged on for a week or so, and tonight I keep on being logged out after maybe 10 minutes - even if I'm active on the site.

seems kind of strange...

KarlADrage

Post by KarlADrage »

skippyscage wrote:I haven't logged on for a week or so, and tonight I keep on being logged out after maybe 10 minutes - even if I'm active on the site.

seems kind of strange...

That's just us trying to get rid of you!! :kiss:

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

Would it be possible to bring back the 'online' display under/above a users avatar? I know that the diagonal banner was removed after a few days, but the old lightbulb was fine.

skippyscage

Post by skippyscage »

KarlADrage wrote:That's just us trying to get rid of you!! :kiss:

two items on your head and one form of vehicular transport KarlA :biggrin:

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

Any chance of allowing BB Code back into signatures? Would brighten the place up a bit! :smile:

spike88

Post by spike88 »

Impressive site, linked to it from the LPG twilight reheat run
Peter
Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol