2011 Participation

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
TouchDown

Re: 2011 Participation

Post by TouchDown »

That makes perfect sense :question: This may come as a surprise to you but the RAF dont only work monday to friday. I was asking SF whether they had got an answer as to whether it was allowed or not because of all the red tape that surrounds it. At the end of they day its the display season and thats what happens. Jesus

Flypasts are usually conducted as part of a routine training sortie, routine training does not take place at week-ends (if they did watch for the noise complaints); hence, flypast unlikely. - Think it's a bit cruel to say the RAF only works Mon to Fri it's a working weekend with leave not available in the week running up to the Air Show for all those serving at Waddington (while providing manpower for operations in Libya and Afghanistan).

TD

LarryElite

Post by LarryElite »

TouchDown wrote:
That makes perfect sense :question: This may come as a surprise to you but the RAF dont only work monday to friday. I was asking SF whether they had got an answer as to whether it was allowed or not because of all the red tape that surrounds it. At the end of they day its the display season and thats what happens. Jesus

Flypasts are usually conducted as part of a routine training sortie, routine training does not take place at week-ends (if they did watch for the noise complaints); hence, flypast unlikely. - Think it's a bit cruel to say the RAF only works Mon to Fri it's a working weekend with leave not available in the week running up to the Air Show for all those serving at Waddington (while providing manpower for operations in Libya and Afghanistan).

TD

Nobody said that?

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

LarryElite wrote:
parsley wrote:
LarryElite wrote:Have you got an answer as to whether a simple Typhoon flypast would be possible? Would be no great hardship to them. Just wont be the same without it :(

It might be a hardship to the air and groundcrew who have to give their weekend off up to provide your simple flypast..

That makes perfect sense :question: This may come as a surprise to you but the RAF dont only work monday to friday. I was asking SF whether they had got an answer as to whether it was allowed or not because of all the red tape that surrounds it. At the end of they day its the display season and thats what happens. Jesus.

Actually yes I am aware that the RAF don't only work Monday to Friday..but not all of them...the vast majority of qualified ground and aircrews for Typhoons are currently sitting in Italy and those in the UK working over a weekend are likely to be QRA engaged or engineering staff.To say it's the display season and that's what happens is rather over simplifying things to say the least as regards having the people in place for an airshow appearance but hey whatever

LarryElite

Post by LarryElite »

I dont want to get into a mass debate on this because I doubt its going to happen anyway tbf with the current climate but you have to remember Waddington is the RAFs biggest airshow and spectacle so surely they should have atleast been able to provide a flypast for it. But hey ho should be a good weekend anyway :)

vulcan55

Post by vulcan55 »

Pebble wrote:Anyone know if The Thunderbirds will be displaying for both days or not?

Thunderbirds both days 12pm sat 3pm sun :cool: sunshine aswell :cool:

LarryElite

Post by LarryElite »

vulcan55 wrote:
Pebble wrote:Anyone know if The Thunderbirds will be displaying for both days or not?

Is 12pm deffo for sat? Suppose they intend that to be the hour long lazy lunch while the americans get up to their antics

vulcan55

Post by vulcan55 »

LarryElite wrote:
vulcan55 wrote:

Is 12pm deffo for sat? Suppose they intend that to be the hour long lazy lunch while the americans get up to their antics

LarryElite that is what is printed in the echo special. heard from good source aswell.Looking to be agood week now on hols. :yahoo: l

moosie

Post by moosie »

vulcan55 wrote:
LarryElite wrote:
vulcan55 wrote:

LarryElite that is what is printed in the echo special. heard from good source aswell.Looking to be agood week now on hols. :yahoo: l

vulcan55, this "echo special" does it have any times for other aircraft in the flying display, is it available online?

TouchDown

Post by TouchDown »

Nobody said that?
- actually they did, see post post from PhilW
Actually, they do only work Monday to Friday - hence the reply you received. Nothing to do with red tape.

TD

vulcan55

Post by vulcan55 »

moosie wrote:
vulcan55 wrote:
LarryElite wrote:
vulcan55 wrote:

vulcan55, this "echo special" does it have any times for other aircraft in the flying display, is it available online?

moosie,yes bbmf 3.40pm sat 12.40 sun.weather permitting. Echo special not on line that i know of sorry. hope this helps have agood one. :cool:

LarryElite

Post by LarryElite »

TouchDown wrote:
Nobody said that?
- actually they did, see post post from PhilW
Actually, they do only work Monday to Friday - hence the reply you received. Nothing to do with red tape.

TD

Apologies TD, I missed that comment from PhilW. I too dont see how you can say the RAF dont work weekends ... national security and other display commitments dont suddenly end on friday at 5pm. Its a 24/7 organisation and as a result some work whatever they have to. But anyway this is totally off topic. All i asked in the first place was whether a typhoon flypast was a definate no. :grin:

TouchDown

Post by TouchDown »

LarryElite, no problem. The team at Waddington have tried a number of options to get an airborne Typhoon into the show, without success, and I'm as certain as I can be that the only Typhoons will be in the static park.

TD

PhilW

Post by PhilW »

It was an overly simplistic comment yes, but was for the purpose of getting the message through!

Sid-104

Post by Sid-104 »

Don't recall the RAF having any problems giving up its Saturday morning lay-in for the Queens birthday flypast a couple of weeks ago so I don't think Its unreasonable for Larryelite to ask why the typhoon isn't available to do a flypast at the RAF's premier airshow for the taxpaying public.

Sid.

Lakelandowl

Post by Lakelandowl »

I tend to agree with Sid. Accepting that a flypast is not something can be rustled up at the drop of a hat, equally it can't be beyond the wit of the RAF to rattle one past for the benifit of those who paid the billions to get the plane off the drawing board can it?

DeltaPapa

Post by DeltaPapa »

But again isn't that simplifying things? HM Birthday flypast is a one off - Airshows aren't, Waddington may well the biggest but if supplied for that event why not Cosford or Leuchars? and then why not RIAT it advertises itself as the largest military show? A line needs to be drawn somewhere IMO.

Lakelandowl

Post by Lakelandowl »

I thought Typhoons were listed as flying at Leuchars?

DeltaPapa

Post by DeltaPapa »

:lol: yeah they possibly are I don't go so not looked - but then again it is their home base so you would expect them to support if they can.

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

parsley wrote:
LarryElite wrote:Have you got an answer as to whether a simple Typhoon flypast would be possible? Would be no great hardship to them. Just wont be the same without it :(

It might be a hardship to the air and groundcrew who have to give their weekend off up to provide your simple flypast..

C'mon!! If thay can do it for Kate & Wills and that other old fool.....

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Have you forgotten about the groundcrew being sent out to Italy to support the Libya mission?

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

vulcan55 wrote:

According to NOTAMS the Red's will be using the same slots, just the other way around 3pm Saturday and 12pm Sunday :smile:
Gary

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Forget Alexandra Burke at RIAT. Waddington won't be out done they have got Carol Vorderman :lol:

COUNTDOWN TO AIRSHOW WITH CAROL VORDERMAN

Top UK celebrity and supporter of the RAF Wings Appeal Carol Vorderman will be the star attraction in a new RAF ON AIR multi-media area at the RAF Waddington Air Show on Sunday 3 July.

Attending the show to show her support for the valuable welfare work carried out by the RAF Wings Appeal, Carol Vorderman will also launch a national charity cycle challenge fronted by the RAF’s Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Red Arrows.

http://www.waddingtonairshow.co.uk/ground-exhibitions
:grin:
Gary

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Good grief :roll:

Next: The Teletubbies at Legends.......... :facepalm:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

StevenH

Post by StevenH »

:facepalm: :facepalm: The lowest ebb of Waddo to date (and that's saying something)...

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

capercaillie wrote:Good grief :roll:

Next: The Teletubbies at Legends.......... :facepalm:

Teletubbies are too recent. So you'd have to have legends like bill and ben or the woodentops!!
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur