2011 Participation

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
banksy

Re: 2011 Participation

Post by banksy »

tomcatforever wrote:Forget Alexandra Burke at RIAT. Waddington won't be out done they have got Carol Vorderman :lol:

COUNTDOWN TO AIRSHOW WITH CAROL VORDERMAN

Top UK celebrity and supporter of the RAF Wings Appeal Carol Vorderman will be the star attraction in a new RAF ON AIR multi-media area at the RAF Waddington Air Show on Sunday 3 July.

Attending the show to show her support for the valuable welfare work carried out by the RAF Wings Appeal, Carol Vorderman will also launch a national charity cycle challenge fronted by the RAF’s Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Red Arrows.

http://www.waddingtonairshow.co.uk/ground-exhibitions
:grin:

This just doesn't add up!

I'll get me coat...
Chester FC Fan Engagement Director
Twitter: @banks247

Lakelandowl

Post by Lakelandowl »

Just been on the news: even Gadaffi gets a Typhoon flypast...

LarryElite

Post by LarryElite »

Maybe we should all go to Libya on Sat instead then. Plenty of fast jet action there with a strong international particpation and plenty of live pyrotechnics and roles demos. :ninja:

Naa wouldnt change waddo for the world. Great day out (aslong as it doesnt rain) :)

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Jumbojet380 wrote:Have you forgotten about the groundcrew being sent out to Italy to support the Libya mission?

At CBY the other day saw no less than 9 departures in less than 40mins-plenty of ground crew so no real reason not to get a flypast. The BBMF have no probs with weekend shifts :confused:

sismore

Post by sismore »

Well i don't believe a fair few people on facebook becaus some don't know what their on about, but these sort of stories need to be sorted out, basicly on the Group RIAT Arrivals and Timings group a guy has said "is it true that the Thunderbirds have cancelled their display at Waddo because of Pilot ilness, thats what i hear?"

I don't think its true, But thought i would check it out with any of you guys?

DeltaPapa

Post by DeltaPapa »

Seems strange they managed to arrive yesterday then.

red_raptor

Post by red_raptor »

sismore wrote:Well i don't believe a fair few people on facebook becaus some don't know what their on about, but these sort of stories need to be sorted out, basicly on the Group RIAT Arrivals and Timings group a guy has said "is it true that the Thunderbirds have cancelled their display at Waddo because of Pilot ilness, thats what i hear?"

Still 3 days left until the main display and they are due up for practice display tomorrow afternoon, think we would have heard more about this pilot illness from yesterday.

Although that Facebook group is very creditable, seems just one member stating a rumour :smile:

st24

Post by st24 »

From the Zeltweg thread-

p2philip wrote:. Another mystery solved: the Mi-24 is from the Czech Rep.!

Blimey SF, I would definitely take the Czech defence attache off my christmas card list - first the Gripens let you down big style to go to Austria and then the Hind boys tell you porkies-

SilentFlight wrote:The Hind boys are busy in Afghanistan, but we will keep on trying!

Its really not fair. Why are they avoiding the UK??? :confused:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

LarryElite

Post by LarryElite »

red_raptor wrote:
sismore wrote:Well i don't believe a fair few people on facebook becaus some don't know what their on about, but these sort of stories need to be sorted out, basicly on the Group RIAT Arrivals and Timings group a guy has said "is it true that the Thunderbirds have cancelled their display at Waddo because of Pilot ilness, thats what i hear?"

Still 3 days left until the main display and they are due up for practice display tomorrow afternoon, think we would have heard more about this pilot illness from yesterday.

Although that Facebook group is very creditable, seems just one member stating a rumour :smile:

As far as I know the TB practice is 12.00 on Friday

tu16

Post by tu16 »

Did Waddo ask for the Saudi Typhoons, or are they being delivered through Zeltweg due to some tie up with the Saudi Hawks?

Danny

Post by Danny »

Not true thankfully, someone started a false rumour. :loser:
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

vulcan55

Post by vulcan55 »

tu16 wrote:Did Waddo ask for the Saudi Typhoons, or are they being delivered through Zeltweg due to some tie up with the Saudi Hawks?

Sore point this one re past posts. British made BAE. Sponsers waddo INT, They go to zeltweg. no i dont think so. Austria dont even buy british model.This is no fault of SF and team I think its higher up.But hey we have Germany. Italy.and two of ours on static two days to go :yahoo: :cool:

sismore

Post by sismore »

LarryElite wrote:
red_raptor wrote:

As far as I know the TB practice is 12.00 on Friday

Timings that were 'briefly' announced on-line before being romoved stated the Thunderbirds rehursal to be Tomorrow from 14:00-15:02 :biggrin:

banksy

Post by banksy »

Vulcan permit revalidation approved yesterday so all ready for the weekend then!
Chester FC Fan Engagement Director
Twitter: @banks247

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

looking forward to saturday weather looking perfect not to hot 18 °C with sunny intervals i set off for the show at 6.45 so hopefully get there for the start of the show at 10am to see as its only 55 miles away from me
E3D Sentry (FP) 54(R) Sqn, RAF Waddington (Station Flypast)
Sentinel R1 (FP) 54(R) Sqn, RAF Waddington (Station Flypast)
RC135 Rivet Joint (FP) - 95th RW USAF /51 Sqn RAF (Station Flypast)
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

sismore

Post by sismore »

The park and View first thing p :mad:ed me right off and i assume many other, please not let it happen tomorrow and get a First Aider on site quickly so they can open to the public before the police think of stupid ideas of moving cars on quing to get in, just one question officer, Where too exactly!

After all that a good day :biggrin:

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Not long now!
Weather looking ok for tomorrow, Sunny all day and god visibility :smile:
Lakes Lightning Collection

st24

Post by st24 »

chrisward123 wrote:and god visibility :smile:

And he can see EVERYTHING.... :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Haha been a long week :lol:

Christian
Lakes Lightning Collection

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Is SallyB still attending?
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Domvickery wrote:Is SallyB still attending?

Yes she arrived sometime after 4pm and parked live side
Gary

Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Well, everyone have a fun weekend. I've been up since 6 and hoping to be leaving at 7

Chef_uk

Post by Chef_uk »

left at 6 got it at 7 queues are mental already.

vulcan55

Post by vulcan55 »

T
Chef_uk wrote:left at 6 got it at 7 queues are mental already.

Thought you was not going today re. selling com tkt Traffic bad to south west village .Have a good day :sweat: you all :cool:

Chef_uk

Post by Chef_uk »

I came on my own. ticket was gifted to my in laws. my wife didn't tell me til that night that she rang her mum earlier to say it was spare after we won the VIP ones hence it was gone the next day. i've had such a stressful week with lots of arguements. just gonna chill all day today.