Three Days at Duxford - 01/02/03Sept11*UPDATED*

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Pen Pusher

Three Days at Duxford - 01/02/03Sept11*UPDATED*

Post by Pen Pusher »

First two days and I didn’t expect there to be much flying on Thursday as the hard runway was closed for the Lotus/Renault F1 testing. There was a bit of war bird flying so I spent a couple of hours on the deserted tank bank watching the the TFC P-40B doing a bit of a display, John Romain flying the T9 Spitfire with Al Murray, The Pub Landlord, in the back and the Catalina departing for Northern Ireland amongst the Classic Wings flights . I headed back down the M11 end after the F-15 had completed its display. Friday was a better day flying wise with arrivals and practice. The Blades were holding a corporate event based at the ARCo compound. They were up and down most of the day flying guests with the T9 in tow. They did a full display before heading back to Sywell. The F-15 did another practice display at 11.00 setting off car alarms and making little children cry with the noise but the highlight of the day was the Mk.1 Spitfire/P9374 going for its second flight that afternoon. With superb lighting late in the afternoon Stephen and Nick Grey went flying in the P-40F and Hawk 75 and the last act up were the Norwegian Vampires for a very graceful and sedate display.

Saturday to follow

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Three Days at Duxford - 01/02/03Sept11

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Second frame is very nice - lovely subtle colours and tones and a bit of drama with the grass flying.

Do you know anymore about the Spitfire MkI's owners and their plans for it? I was told it would be leaving the UK?
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

I only know that the Mk 1 is registered to Mark One Partners in the Cayman Islands but who owns that I have no idea. Not found anything Googling.

The first two photos were taken with the new Sony A35 SLT, the one with the fixed mirror, and I though the picture quality from the Sony A580 was excellent but what I've got from the A35 so far, blows that away. The only down side to the A35 is the electronic view finder which I need more practice with.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

AndyBeau

Post by AndyBeau »

Brian,

These are some of the best shots I've seen you post. I really like the first two and the de-saturated colours work quite well. The shot of the Hawk 75 is stunning. :clap:

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

Hi Brian,
Lovely set as always, I especially like the light on the Vampire :clap:
The new camera seems to be a success.

Rgds,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Day 3 - 03 Sep11

Thank you for the comments and apologies for the delay in day 3. I got sidetracked with other things and as I'm off to Norfolk tomorrow to have a look around some autogyro's, I though I'd best get these posted.

What, no vapour?

That's better.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Bjorn

Re: Three Days at Duxford - 01/02/03Sept11*UPDATED*

Post by Bjorn »

I can see you're getting along with the Sony gear quite well!
Despite all nice Hawks, Spits and F-15, the Vampire shot gets the vote from me.
Med vänlig hälsning/
Björn Hellenius
http://www.hepic.se/