Meeting De L'air, Evreux

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Harry_Imp

Meeting De L'air, Evreux

Post by Harry_Imp »

Hi all,

The website has received the first proper update today: www.meeting-evreux.fr

Looks okay so far but I dont really understand haha, a lot of the previous flying participants seem to have gone and everything juggled about abit?

Harry

st24

Re: Meeting De L'air, Evreux

Post by st24 »

Looking forward to seeing the latest combat a/c the "BURST" :dizzy: :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

I dont get it at all :lmao:

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

The burst is a Rafale looking on the French site, LOL!

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

Looks like it will be wait until we get there to find out? I am worried about the swiss F-18 though?

Harry

st24

Post by st24 »

Harry_Imp wrote:The burst is a Rafale looking on the French site, LOL!

Rafale means a strong gust of wind, squall or "burst" of wind. The translation software is obviously being to literal!

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

From that site, I can't make anything - what do you think is flying and what static?

st24

Post by st24 »

Harry_Imp wrote:From that site, I can't make anything - what do you think is flying and what static?

Left hand column "static exposure" = statics and with the Trannies and 2000s we also get a role demo scenario too.
Right hand "Dynamic presentation" = flying,

so not much thats amazing at the moment...

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

No not at all Florennes obviously will have an impact - avord is getting some great stuff hopefully this will do similar? As long as the hornet is still going which according to the Swiss page it is we still have 3 jet displays do hardly awful - I just wish they were clearer

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

Website closed for maintanance? Hopefully a full programme will be up!!

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Rumours speculating over on scramble that Mont de Marsan and Evreux shows have been cancelled.

Not sure on the reliability..

st24

Post by st24 »

Kieran wrote:Rumours speculating over on scramble that Mont de Marsan and Evreux shows have been cancelled.

Not sure on the reliability..

Avord too- though it looks like they've gone from 2 day to one day events??... :confused: Who knows..

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

Oh no :( I hope nOt!

If I'm going on a tour and one of the days was to evreux will the whole your be cancelled?

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

Apparently there might be a full statement tomorrow (Monday). A preliminary statement has been issued here http://www.meetingair.fr/

Since friday night there has been numerous informations on the Internet about the 2012 airshows held by the French Air Force. Some are true, others are partially true.
For clarity and to ensure anybody can reorganize his trip, here is what is happening :

- the airshows will NOT be held as previously announced.
- they are replace by 1 day on the airbase, only on sundays, on the 3 bases previously planning an airshow (Evreux, Mont de Marsan, Avord).
- there will be an aerial activity, but ONLY FRENCH AIRCRAFT WILL FLY.
- a spotter day will happen on SATURDAY AFTERNOONS for those who are already registered and wish to maintain their registration.

All definite decision have not been made yet and a supplement of information will be given on monday evening or next wednesday.

It looks like a full weekend at Florennes then!

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

So what does this mean for the Swiss F-18 that was originally down to fly for Evreux or for the Belgiums and Austrian PC-7 that were going to fly at Avord? Will they still attend but instead go on static display? Or will they relocate and go Yeovilton/Florennes and Waddington respectively?

RichPittman

Post by RichPittman »

Its a real pain in the backside when things like this happen.
I nearly booked flights to Sardinia for a exercise at Deci within 2 Days exercise cancelled.
Nearly booked flights for Mont De Marsan now this happens.
Booked a Week off for the rumoured Slovak show 9/10th June , now in September.

It really makes me not want to book anything in advance anymore when often fights are cheap and hotels are available
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"

st24

Post by st24 »

RichPittman wrote: when often fights are cheap and hotels are available

I'll fight you for free... :wink:

It is a ball ache but to be fair, this is quite un French like. What on earth is the "French only" rule all about?? - So theres only PdF, Rafale, Cartouche Doree and aerobatic Extra displaying this year ?! Wow that will be exciting... :sad:

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

F*** is the word :-(

st24

Post by st24 »

boff180 wrote:F*** is the word :-(

Indeed; maybe the end as we know it for French shows... :sad: . There's some interesting info on scramble along the lines that the French shows are organised by a civilian company on behalf of charities to benefit servicemen/women. However, the powers that be with all the austerity measures etc in place are pulling the plug on these civvy organisers using military funding for essentially a civvy concern. So the organsing is being left to the base staff with little free cash, hence the chopping of anything not French, i.e. cheap and easy to hand. Had this ruling come earlier, and a lot of hard work already well advanced at each base then there wouldn't even have been the limited one day events that are now scheduled. And there was me thinking that only the MoD had to charge to use it's own airfields, equipment and manpower. What the hell is going on these days - its just barmy...

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

Website updated - As expected just the French ALTHOUGH there have been a Qatari Mirage 2000N flying and C-17 static added?

Martin the Martian

Post by Martin the Martian »

RichPittman wrote:Its a real pain in the backside when things like this happen.
I nearly booked flights to Sardinia for a exercise at Deci within 2 Days exercise cancelled.
Nearly booked flights for Mont De Marsan now this happens.
Booked a Week off for the rumoured Slovak show 9/10th June , now in September.

It really makes me not want to book anything in advance anymore when often fights are cheap and hotels are available

Sadly, 'tis a case of 'you pays your money and you takes a chance'. I've had my fair share of cancellations after arrangements have been made. :sad:

But if you like, Rich, we'll just blame it on you and call you a jinx. :tongue2:
50 Shades of Grey: sounds like a paint chart for modern jets

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

I see that Scramble who were showing the event as cancelled have now changed their event listing to say

Jounée Portes Ouvertes
- to be confirmed
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

Thats because it is going ahead on the Sunday! :) And the Qatari Mirages flying just make it totally worth it!

www.meeting-evreux.fr/en

Harry

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Considering the fact that the French Budgetary Committee has initiated a procedure involving their organization, the FOSA, as a preemptive measure, has decided to withdraw from the preparation of all national Air Shows for the year 2012. This decision was made given the extra amount of workload that procedure has put on the organization in terms of material and administrative constraints.

Taking this decision into account, the French Air Force wants to emphasize on the generosity, dedication and selflessness quality of the FOSA actions who have been working for many years to provide air shows of outstanding quality and, by doing so, to assist our airmen in times of need.

Being already engaged in the preparation process, the French Air Force decided to go forth with the preparation of a free event of smaller scale that will be entirely centered on Air Force Base 105 and its local influence.
This event will take place on Sunday 24th of June 2012 in Evreux.

In the next few days, this internet website will be updated by our PR and Webmaster offices to provide you with all the necessary information you might need to plan your visit on our Airbase on the 24th of June or on the afternoon of the 23rd for our spotter friends.

I am unfortunately unable to give you a thorough description of the event nor of the composition of the static and in flight displays but be assured that the entire personnel of the Air Base as well as the French Air Force as a whole and our local institutions that support the event will do their very best to make Sunday 24th of June 2012 unforgettable.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Glad about the Qatari mirages, we had paid for our hotel already and its non refundable!