RIAT Moaners Thread

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Mad Dan

Re: RIAT Moaners Thread

Post by Mad Dan »

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
Please use your imagination...

If I had some chains, I would rattle them - honest, I would...
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

SPLAT

Post by SPLAT »

Mongolian Yaks cant we just have semi skimmed milk , another cost cutting issue :facepalm:

x1x

Post by x1x »

Well heard the yaks cancelled now anyway so doesnt matter :sad: , probably the same one from Bristol zoo anyway so nothing new, thought RIAT would have at least got a different yak after all it is the queens jubilee.
Sadly though no yak means no support either, was hoping a couple of camels would bring his gear and hang around for static would have fitted in nicely with the transport thing me thinks.

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

Sopwith Camels - wow... It gets better and better...

swingy

Post by swingy »

I think you have been sold a Pup

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Mad Dan wrote:Sopwith Camels - wow... It gets better and better...

Don't be ridiculous, how rubbish would they be on such a big display line :mad: waster of time, where's the B-1? :mad:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

st24

Post by st24 »

Camels?! Now I've really got the hump. That's just me having a Snipe
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

x1x

Post by x1x »

Im really disappointed that RIAT havnt got a Burmese spitfire on the list, surely they could have dug one of those up from somewhere!

Just a complete lack of consideration for the aviation fan :mad:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

st24 wrote:

Camels?! Now I've really got the hump. That's just me having a Snipe

Are you playing the punning game, cock? :question: Or should I try plain English?

Millsey

Post by Millsey »

No chance of a B1B I'm afraid... not since I upset the display pilot in 2010 by mentioning that he'd bounced it three times down the rwy on arrival. He wasn't amused and has probably told all his mates not to bother with RIAT as we're a critical and unappreciative bunch.
Sorry 'bout that.

henk99

Post by henk99 »

Millsey wrote:No chance of a B1B I'm afraid... not since I upset the display pilot in 2010 by mentioning that he'd bounced it three times down the rwy on arrival. He wasn't amused and has probably told all his mates not to bother with RIAT as we're a critical and unappreciative bunch.
Sorry 'bout that.

Damn Millsey...that was stupid. It's like telling Santa he parked his sled crooked!
Last edited by henk99 on Fri 11 May 2012, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
| Erlanger Bergkirchweih | RIAT 2023 | Belgian Airforce Days 2023 | Frysian Flag 2023

swingy

Post by swingy »

Ah you dont know about Santa? He was due to appear but apparently was just a rumour so Tim Prince is going to sneak into the static when you are sleeping and leave a big pile of prersents that were not on your list but those better informed than you thouight youd like

Trevsy

Post by Trevsy »

capercaillie wrote: I want a B-1 bomber in full reheat that I haven't seen at goodness knows how many airshows in the past and a new pram! :mad: :mad:

I can see why you'd want the pram.

Yeah I agree but I was going to suggest some tiny light aircraft that you can see most of the year in the UK..... but with a coloured roundel on, so I can put it in my scrap book. A converted airliner not at all like the ones you can see at Heathrow 24/7 though, this one has a colourful two foot roundel on - GET IN! I can take a photo of it and add it to my collection! :hypno:

Who needs the epic sight and sound of the B-1 when you can see this awe inspiring sight....

"Dom Pérignon '62 Red 5?" - Roger Moore

swingy

Post by swingy »

Trevsy wrote:
capercaillie wrote: I want a B-1 bomber in full reheat that I haven't seen at goodness knows how many airshows in the past and a new pram! :mad: :mad:

Yeah I agree but I was going to suggest some tiny light aircraft that you can see most of the year in the UK..... but with a coloured roundel on, so I can put it in my scrap book. A converted airliner not at all like the ones you can see at Heathrow 24/7 though, this one has a colourful two foot roundel on - GET IN! I can take a photo of it and add it to my collection! :hypno:

Combine the two. Put a tiny light aircraft with or without roundel behind the the full reheat B1 see how far pilot of said tiny light aircraft can go before landing in field near Brize.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Trevsy wrote:
capercaillie wrote: I want a B-1 bomber in full reheat that I haven't seen at goodness knows how many airshows in the past and a new pram!

Who needs the epic sight and sound of the B-1 when you can see this awe inspiring sight....

:lmao: Now there's a first, real moaning on this thread. :joystick:

A B-1 in the static sounds pretty much the same as a plastic Colombian trainer I'd have thought? :snack:

Trevsy

Post by Trevsy »

capercaillie wrote:
Trevsy wrote:
capercaillie wrote: I want a B-1 bomber in full reheat that I haven't seen at goodness knows how many airshows in the past and a new pram!

A B-1 in the static sounds pretty much the same as a plastic Colombian trainer I'd have thought? :snack:

I guess you'd hope it wouldn't be static
"Dom Pérignon '62 Red 5?" - Roger Moore

st24

Post by st24 »

It's obviously time to start a RIAT moaners moaning in the RIAT moaning thread.... :wall: :wall: :wall:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

I'm bored with this... Nobody's moaning properly...

x1x

Post by x1x »

Mad Dan wrote:I'm bored with this... Nobody's moaning properly...

Me too, i havnt been able to moan have been in casualty for 4 hours following a nasty accident.

I went to this celebrities event you see and saw Gary Numan, i asked him if he was bringing a Harvard to RIAT and he said no, i then saw Dan Snow and knowing he has made programmes about spitfires lately i asked if he was bringing a Spitfire to RIAT and another No, i then saw another aviation fan Michael Fish and asked him if a Hurricane was coming, bloody hell he went mental :mad: , so a few stitches later im O.K to moan again.

But yeh really disappointed everyone moans on the no moaning thread and no-one moans on the moaning thread, come on lets have a proper moan!!!!

sylvancatharsis

Post by sylvancatharsis »

Am I the only one fuming mad that there aren't going to be MiG-29s from Turkmenistan? I mean, come on, it's not like we're asking for the North Koreans or anything!

Also, I was absolutely incensed when I learned that the Croatian Formation Toilet Team had cancelled their appearance. I had a deuce down on those guys attending! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Author of CULT OF THE WYVERN, a novel about Westland Wyverns and aliens. (Really.)
Flicky Flicky

Abingdonman

Post by Abingdonman »

I find it outrageous that the stall holders,entertainers,fair people etc. have to put up with the racket and smell of aircraft over the weekend,why cant they do their damn flying elswhere? :mad:

stonesfan

Post by stonesfan »

I don't think anyones been 'moaning' at the line up in the RIAT 2012 participants thread in any case. Its just some of us arent dancing in the streets, climbing up lamp posts, polishing our lenses at the thought of being able to view a static training aircraft or a 767 that happens to not carry civillian markings. What happens to 99% of those avid snappers pics anyway? Don't they usually get burnt to a DVD and filed away in a cabinet never to be seen again :lol:

x1x

Post by x1x »

stonesfan wrote:I don't think anyones been 'moaning' at the line up in the RIAT 2012 participants thread in any case. Its just some of us arent dancing in the streets, climbing up lamp posts, polishing our lenses at the thought of being able to view a static training aircraft or a 767 that happens to not carry civillian markings. What happens to 99% of those avid snappers pics anyway? Don't they usually get burnt to a DVD and filed away in a cabinet never to be seen again :lol:

Filed away never to be seen again shocking quote that... 5% of them re-appear on here in the golden oldies :lol:

As for the moaning, there has been moaning on the other thread course there has.. and fair do's if anyone isnt happy they arnt happy, from my point of view, having been a national league rugby player for several years and now running my own business i fully appreciate the problems that RIAT encounter and wouldnt criticise them publically on a forum (privately in a letter if really unhappy but havnt ever needed to) as i fully appreciate a, what they do and b, probably dont understand the facts behind the decisions.
I know with my own employees they look at things in a very diffierent way to reality and completely dont appreciate the true reasoning, they think you have endless money to throw at them, every decision is personal and thats the nature of folk im afraid and i see that mindset reflected here, but i dont like the behind the moniker moaning i find that a tad wimpy and i dont like the moaning in the participants thread as i read it to find out about participant and it wastes my feckin time :mad:

Personally i am not jumping up and down with joy at the line up no, i would like to see the some US stuff on the list soon, the B1 & B2 yeh great love one but there are lots of ideals we all like, and i for one would like the U2 thought that was great from RIAT what they did and be great to see it come as a result but as i said, ideals and all that. im not jumping up and down with excitement yet, but there again i am not jumping up and down with excitement at current fuel prices and both are a sign of the times and im a realist, on that basis its a bloody good line up..

My final moan is just a thought, i dont like the individual criticism of individual items, just imagine someone said to you, could you donate some money please and you said there you go theres 83p in change and they said i dont feckin want that i only want notes, you are going to say p**s off ungrateful **** just imagine an air arm says there you go have a grob tutor and lets see what else we can do, RIAT cant say dont want that its crap can they.. it rightfully comes and may be the lure for something better, i find those criticism a bit short sighted,

Now i am looking at it from a business point of view, i dont know RIAT or anyone at DBH, but i think i would be safe in saying if a star item was available it would be there, and i trust them in that.

As for pop stars i think i could moan but we wont go there, experiment tried and hopefully failed.

Thats my moan and its in the moaners thread where it should be.

Abingdonman

Post by Abingdonman »

I havent been to a Tattoo for years,for me Fairford 2012 would be for about an hour and a halfs flying displays,and though Interesting they might be,static isnt in the same league as flying for me!
If they would only put my choice of flying displays in a block (Naturally the block with the best weather!)then I would be there,see my beauties display,have a steady mooch around.... and vamoose!
But of course we are all different,and best of luck to you that go....
I just wanted to get a serious moan in! :grin:

onemac

Post by onemac »

I'm not going and that means I'm going to miss, missing the B1. Total bummer - I'll probably get thrown out of the club as well :shock:

Al
When in Athens.......