RIAT Moaners Thread

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
stonesfan

Re: RIAT Moaners Thread

Post by stonesfan »

onemac wrote:I'm not going and that means I'm going to miss, missing the B1. Total bummer - I'll probably get thrown out of the club as well :shock:

Al

Is there even a B1 display stateside these days?

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

x1x wrote:Bugger the Mongolian YAK has cancelled, all RIATS fault apparently, they mentioned RIAT he was fine, Mentioned an afterburner run and he was fine with that to and then mentioned Tiger meat and he legged it and not coming back apparently

Come on RIAT think about it (doh)

Bugger is an unusual name for a Yak

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

nigelblake wrote:
iainpeden wrote:Can we have a thread to moan about the moaners?

Please stop moaning!

rogerdodger wrote:Has anyone asked the Mongolians to send a YAK for the static line up :yahoo:

You're not a member of the "YAK cult" by any chance? They really turn my stomach!

You shouldn't mess with the Yak cult - it's dangerous.....oh no sorry that's the occult

x1x

Post by x1x »

parsley wrote:
x1x wrote:Bugger the Mongolian YAK has cancelled, all RIATS fault apparently, they mentioned RIAT he was fine, Mentioned an afterburner run and he was fine with that to and then mentioned Tiger meat and he legged it and not coming back apparently

Ahh maybe not i think the one at Bristol zoo was called bugger and why we have worked out that RIAT havnt bothered to get proper mongolian YAK just Brizl YAK. kind of similar but you can actually understand what a Mongolian YAK says, absolutely no feckin chance of understanding the Brizzle one.

rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

x1x wrote:
parsley wrote:

Ahh maybe not i think the one at Bristol zoo was called bugger and why we have worked out that RIAT havnt bothered to get proper mongolian YAK just Brizl YAK. kind of similar but you can actually understand what a Mongolian YAK says, absolutely no feckin chance of understanding the Brizzle one.

Just found out Mongolian yak is called GOK-WON-GON after mishap with faulty afterburner :hypno:
cold war jets are really hot

x1x

Post by x1x »

rogerdodger wrote:
x1x wrote:
parsley wrote:

Just found out Mongolian yak is called GOK-WON-GON after mishap with faulty afterburner :hypno:

LOL if does come your lighting him :topbombing:

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

x1x wrote:
parsley wrote:

well they do talk a bit strange in Brizzle sometimes....still if they do get a YAK i hope it's going to be gurt

x1x

Post by x1x »

Just as an idea to make RIAT special i was wondering if there is an anniversary colour scheme for the YAK i think its about the YAK's 5 millionth year this year, perhaps a celebration of that in either a special colour scheme or haircut seems fitting.

We could also have a 5 million years of the YAK celebration and perhaps have a range of YAK's from present day intelligently evolved mogolian YAKS right down to the earliest primitive YAK's like the the hairy bikers.....

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

With all these rumours of Mongolian Yak, why haven't the organisers invited an Egyptian Buffalo and Russian Bisonand have a cow meet, aircraft could be painted in Friesian, Ayrshire or Hereford colours and RIAT could milk the success, no imagination :mad:

And where's Joe McElderry? :mad:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

x1x

Post by x1x »

You had to leak this weeks update didnt you :grin:

Tibetan YAK (s)

Russian Bison (s)

Egyptian Buffalo (f) role demo will perform a water drop and its gonna stink

Mongolian Yak (f) we are very excited that mongolia become the 94th country at the airtattoo, this rare example from Ulan Bator will perform a full afterburner run, an amazing feat its pilot cattle herder nsahfgodg hadefsghevov will light the afterburners with a zippo lighter while holding onto 2 udders, an incredible display that deserves a very large pat on the back.

Queens jubilee formation will be made up of a formation run past of 76 wilderbeast who will form a E.R formation and then trample Richard Hammond to death.

Talks are ongoing with the Tanzanian Gazelle team about participation and there may well be an update as soon as we catch up with them..

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

x1x wrote:You had to leak this weeks update didnt you :grin:

Tibetan YAK (s)

Russian Bison (s)

Mongolian Yak (f) we are very excited that mongolia become the 94th country at the airtattoo, this rare example from Ulan Bator will perform a full afterburner run, an amazing feat its pilot cattle herder nsahfgodg hadefsghevov will light the afterburners with a zippo lighter while holding onto 2 udders, an incredible display that deserves a very large pat on the back.

Queens jubilee formation will be made up of a formation run past of 76 wilderbeast who will form a E.R formation and then trample Richard Hammond to death.

Talks are ongoing with the Tanzanian Gazelle team about participation and there may well be an update as soon as we catch up with them..

:oops: Well thats beefed the list up a bit, however those last two items are clearly antelopes and not cattle species :mad: RIAT get it right please. Are the flypasts coming in over the border from Oxon?

x1x

Post by x1x »

capercaillie wrote:
x1x wrote:You had to leak this weeks update didnt you :grin:

Tibetan YAK (s)

Russian Bison (s)

:oops: Well thats beefed the list up a bit, however those last two items are clearly antelopes and not cattle species :mad: RIAT get it right please. Are the flypasts coming in over the border from Oxon?

How dare you call Richard Hammond an Antelope :facepalm:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Bad news regarding the afterburner run from the Mongolian Yak I'm afraid. :mad:

Following the infamous Cottesmore B-1 incident, the elf and safety executive have met and worried there may be an end of runway steak out by togs looking for the rear on full reheat, knowing the flammable properties of the Yak's long hairy coat and combining with the attempted ignition could result in an instant fireball and roasting of the Yak there will be no chance of being "Blown by T-Bone" at RIAT 2012. :facepalm:

There is a space in the programme now and they hope to fillet. :yahoo:

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

Way too much Yakkity-Yak if you ask me - and even if you don't...
:tongue2:
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

Martin the Martian

Post by Martin the Martian »

Well I just think that that it is a great pity that RIAT are not taking the opportunity to put up a special Gloster formation of Gladiator, Meteor and Oldspot. Come on, DBH, pull your finger out. It shouldn't be too much to ask. :mad:

And don't get me started on the ground exhibitions. The guys doing the 1940s village are desperate to do something different, and I heard a rumour that their 1970s council estate re-enactment plan was going swimmingly well until H+S got involved and scotched it. Apparently there's a 'no flares' rule at Fairford.
50 Shades of Grey: sounds like a paint chart for modern jets

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Martin the Martian wrote: And don't get me started on the ground exhibitions. The guys doing the 1940s village are desperate to do something different, and I heard a rumour that their 1970s council estate re-enactment plan was going swimmingly well until H+S got involved and scotched it. Apparently there's a 'no flares' rule at Fairford.

Do you seriously think they could leave all that litter around for weeks uncollected :mad: what a FOD hazard that would be. The static is too cluttered as it is without prefab sprouting up all over the place. You'll be wanting a disco instead of the stage next :mad:

x1x

Post by x1x »

capercaillie wrote:
Martin the Martian wrote: And don't get me started on the ground exhibitions. The guys doing the 1940s village are desperate to do something different, and I heard a rumour that their 1970s council estate re-enactment plan was going swimmingly well until H+S got involved and scotched it. Apparently there's a 'no flares' rule at Fairford.

Do you seriously think they could leave all that litter around for weeks uncollected :mad: what a FOD hazard that would be. The static is too cluttered as it is without prefab sprouting up all over the place. You'll be wanting a disco instead of the stage next :mad:

I think the 70's council estate is a fantastic idea...

1, The role demo could involve proper pyro stuff like a Dustbins filled with aersoals placed in the alleyways of the prefabs eventually burning the entire estate down, while the airbase firecrews are held at bay by some well drilled brick throwing, the ban of flares probably right in this case but maybe an exepmtion could be applied for but a big warning to all as the trauma of being reminded of wearing them could be a bit much for some.

2, A council estate style 70's sweet shop would fit in great as would be fun to brick the window and make off with a marathon and some opal fruits...

As for the Gloster tribute swill idea, that would really take the bacon for me and leave the other airshows pig sick, i for one will hog the crowd line to see that.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

This week's update has seen more bad news, the TBM700 is no longer flying and now people are concerned there is no toilet break built into the flying display :mad: I can see floods of pee all over the showground as a result of this selfish move by DBH and the French Army, spotters and togs holding back until :sick: you know what, I hope they have enough medical cover and clothes outlets on site.

And why have Yeovilton got two Navy Rafales and we have to make do with cruddy old Super Etendards :mad:

And still no mention of Joe McElderry in the update :mad:

x1x

Post by x1x »

capercaillie wrote:This week's update has seen more bad news, the TBM700 is no longer flying and now people are concerned there is no toilet break built into the flying display :mad: I can see floods of pee all over the showground as a result of this selfish move by DBH and the French Army, spotters and togs holding back until :sick: you know what, I hope they have enough medical cover and clothes outlets on site.

And why have Yeovilton got two Navy Rafales and we have to make do with cruddy old Super Etendards :mad:

And still no mention of Joe McElderry in the update :mad:

Agree with all of that, we just get a Super Hornet and a couple of super Etendards...

I bet the eurpean shows have an Awesome Hornet and a pair of mega etendards or something..

The toilet break is a massive concern, how dare DBH not take this into account. still urinating in the alley of the prefab council estate village may solve that problem and be in keeping with the village itself. :wink:

DanH

Post by DanH »

I think its a shame that there is still nothing being provided to entertain those people who are paying upwards of £30 to attend an airshow despite having no interest in aircraft... :lol:
Always seeking to lower the tone...

https://danhphotography.picfair.com/

Martin the Martian

Post by Martin the Martian »

DanH wrote:I think its a shame that there is still nothing being provided to entertain those people who are paying upwards of £30 to attend an airshow despite having no interest in aircraft... :lol:

It's an absolute scandal, Dan! I mean, all these people who are paying hard earned money to come to an airshow and what are they presented with? Wall to wall static aircraft displays and an eight-hour flying display! Whatever are DBH thinking of? Next thing we'll hear, they'll be putting up grandstands so that these people can get views of the flying aircraft. Disgraceful! :wall:
50 Shades of Grey: sounds like a paint chart for modern jets

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

Cap a Cauli said (twice):
And still no mention of Joe McElderry in the update

Apparently, he's busy - but I hear they are trying to get Jedward instead... A good deal, I believe - two for the price of one... Almost a bogof, if you'll excuse a bit of creep towards the much vaunted and sadly neglected toilet thread...
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Mad Dan wrote:Cap a Cauli said (twice):
And still no mention of Joe McElderry in the update

Apparently, he's busy - but I hear they are trying to get Jedward instead... A good deal, I believe - two for the price of one... Almost a bogof, if you'll excuse a bit of creep towards the much vaunted and sadly neglected toilet thread...

This is terrible news :mad: Is Jedward really the best they can manage this year, I know budgets are being cut by these acts around the globe, but an act that didn't even make the final is an utter shambles, I appreciate Leona Lewis is busy but surely they could stretch to Leon thingy, if they can find him, at least he won it ( I think). :mad:

Is the Raptor going to be at RIAT this year, there is a gap in the published display schedule? :whistle:

bigsav

Post by bigsav »

To pick up on previous moans Waddington have confirmed the attendance of RoKAF Black Eagles!!!
Where there's a will there is always a way

x1x

Post by x1x »

bigsav wrote:To pick up on previous moans Waddington have confirmed the attendance of RoKAF Black Eagles!!!

I personally was really mad at this, i bought a ticket to see them and then i find someone else will see them before me... totally feckin mad :mad:

Then to make it worse i then find out they are getting the Korean black eagles display team and we are getting Viv & Bob, 2 orphaned black eagles from chetser zoo...... : now really mad: