'Display Frequency' Podcast - Official Thread

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
rdchawk

Re: Display Frequency: The UKAR Podcast - Official Thread

Post by rdchawk »

DanO1978 wrote:
rdchawk wrote:Well this morning I not only listened to the 1st Display Frequency podcast but my 1st ever podcast full stop. It was a great listen and has already given a good insight into how a team runs (Yakovlevs) and how a classic jet is run (VPG).

Cant wait for the next one as I really enjoyed listening to this - well done all involved.

Thank you!

Must say I'm looking forward to producing the next one. The focus will be on restoration... And the feedback's been enough to mean it'll be out in a couple of weeks.

The only negative feedback so far has been about the audio quality of telephone interviews. I agree it's not perfect, but neither I nor UKAR have the time and money to be driving around the country recording material face-to-face. The podcast will always be free, and to keep it that way we'll have to do most stuff "down the line". Think of it like an aviation phone-in!

Dan - the quality might not have been brilliant but if I can hear what they are saying then it doesn't really matter.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

Loved it - nice to have on in the background while going through my Jubilee photos!

IBALL

Post by IBALL »

Excellent podcast, just what was needed. Keep up the good work!
:clap:

YoungWelshLad

Post by YoungWelshLad »

DanO1978 wrote:Farnborough ahoy!

Looking to preview Farnborough by interviewing UKARians who experienced some of the show's historic moments.

Got anything to share? Did you see Roly Falk live up to his name in the Vulcan? Did you witness the DH110 accident? The Brabazon? The Harrier? Concorde? The An-225? Drop me a PM if you're able to chat with us - we'll call you over a landline to record the interview. Won't take longer than 5-10 mins of your time!

Any chance of a RIAT preview as well Dan? Looking to be a classic show and, You are on the RIAT commentary team after all!

YoungWelshLad

Post by YoungWelshLad »

DanO1978 wrote:
YoungWelshLad wrote:
DanO1978 wrote:Farnborough ahoy!

Looking to preview Farnborough by interviewing UKARians who experienced some of the show's historic moments.

Got anything to share? Did you see Roly Falk live up to his name in the Vulcan? Did you witness the DH110 accident? The Brabazon? The Harrier? Concorde? The An-225? Drop me a PM if you're able to chat with us - we'll call you over a landline to record the interview. Won't take longer than 5-10 mins of your time!

Any chance of a RIAT preview as well Dan? Looking to be a classic show and, You are on the RIAT commentary team after all!

I expect RIAT may well get a mention in the coming podcasts... :lol: :wink:

Ah good! Expect your giving RIAT a miss this year though Dan? :lol: :tumbleweed:

YoungWelshLad

Post by YoungWelshLad »

DanO1978 wrote:
YoungWelshLad wrote:
Ah good! Expect your giving RIAT a miss this year though Dan? :lol: :tumbleweed:

Erm, certainly not! Hard at work preparing already!

Haha was joking obviously, good luck with the Commentary again this year Dan!

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Was listening to the podcast on my way to work today, and I liked it a lot, certainly looking forward to the next one.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Podcast is listed on iTunes for download and subscription now, in the 'Games & Hobbies' section.

Doing very nicely too - top of the Aviation podcasts, and number 7 in the Hobbies section. :hypno:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

That first podcast was really good, and I am sure they will only get better with more and more great ideas and content. I have often felt that you can go to loads of shows and never really hear from the pilots/operators properly because there has never been a platform for them except for perhaps interviews on the PA pre-show. The possibilities are endless - more competitions, show info/previews, nostalgia, the list goes on... And what about commercial tie ups? Vintage section brought to you by IWM perhaps, or even full blown advertising for either aviation companies etc or charitable enterprises/ supporters clubs. I thought sound quality was fine by the way. Already ready for next one :biggrin:

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Doing very nicely too - top of the Aviation podcasts, and number 7 in the Hobbies section. :hypno:

Scratch that, now at #6! :music:

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Another "podcast' first timer here. I downloaded this one and had a listen till about 10 minutes in. I really enjoyed what I have heard so far.I had a hard time turning it off. I'll be saving the rest of this first edition and the next ones for the long flight to the UK near the end of June for RIAT and Waddington. Well done :clap:

DanH

Post by DanH »

Well done on the first episode, I found it to be a really good listen. Already looking forward to the next one.

Something I think would be really good if it can be done would be interviews with veteran pilots/test pilots. It would be great to hear some stories about their experiences.
Always seeking to lower the tone...

https://danhphotography.picfair.com/

MetMan
UKAR Supporter

Post by MetMan »

Another first timer here. Only intended to listen for a few mins try it out but couldn't turn it off. Both interesting and very well put together. Well done.
Very much looking forward to the next one.

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

for the next podcast why not interview the people behind getting just jane airborne
http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

Just been listening to the last podcast thought it was very good and imformative
Looking forward to the next one
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

How about an interview with some fellow commentators Dan - they could recall funny stories from past shows and the like. I am thinking people like Stratton R, Mike Whitehouse, your very own Ben D or how about Roger Hoefling recounting those wonderful Air Fetes. It would also serve as a nice memorial to the late great John Blake.

kc10

Post by kc10 »

Just been listening to this in the car on the way home from work and really enjoyed it, well done to all involved and cant wait for the next one. :clap:

Danny

Post by Danny »

As others have said - a really well put together piece. I was listening whilst sat on the end of the Scampton runway waiting for the Reds yesterday. :smile:
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

Episode 2 available now at http://www.airshows.co.uk/podcast/ and via iTunes.

Display Frequency's second episode features Dan O'Hagan's exclusive interview with Dr Robert Pleming of the Vulcan to the Sky Trust, speaking at length about the twin engine failure suffered on 28th May and the implications this has on the Vulcan's short and long-term future. We also hear from Andre Tempest, owner of Victor XL231 at Elvington, and preview the shows at Cosford and Old Buckenham in June. We have three competitions to enter, in this, UKAR's biggest and best podcast yet!

:music: :rock: :worship: :king:

Mixed grill

Post by Mixed grill »

I have just downloaded the second podcast, only had a listen to the Vulcan CEO interview and it was and excellent interview :smile: :clap:

I shall enjoy the rest of the podcast tomorrow.
"Access to the cockpit is difficult, and it is recommended that it be made impossible"

EGL

Post by EGL »

Just listened to both on the way home from work, managed to listen to both thanks to new roadworks! Really enjoyed them both, great timely interview with Dr Pleming. I've been listening to a few from Warbird Radio recent so nice to get something close from home.

Not bring an iTunes user it would be nice to be able to subscribe from the podcasting app on my phone(podkicker). Subscribed to the RAF museums podcasts yesterday just by plugging in the URL of an xml file they provided on their site so presumably not that difficult to setup.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Just finished listening to the 2nd podcast and again fantastic stuff!! Wish we didn't have to wait long for the next one to come out.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

davidm

Post by davidm »

Really enjoying these, i'm finding the interviews interesting.

zjfa103

Post by zjfa103 »

I don't often post on here but I wanted to congratulate all involved with the podcast. I downloaded it for the first time last week and was really impressed. I think it's a fantastic accompaniment to the forum. Well done Dano and all who've made it possible :clap:

Ryand19

Post by Ryand19 »

Just downloaded the first two, liking it so far! :biggrin: