Trade days..which one?

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
sebcoe

Trade days..which one?

Post by sebcoe »

Might try an get along to one of the trade days this year.
I appreciate nothing is ever certain but are some days better than others either beach use of he flying display, or the potential for visiting a/c?
Any tips welcomed...
Thanks

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Trade days..which one?

Post by boff180 »

Monday is usually good, of note the defence conferences are all on the Wednesday so I would assume that day should see all the mil stuff fly.

Andy

APG

Post by APG »

Tuesday :wink:

Screechy

Post by Screechy »

Cheers for the info, have plumped for a wednesday ticket to get the mil stuff

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

For anybody else considering trade days I would say the following from experience.

Monday- shortest flying of the week but often a interesting show opening ( Vulcan and Red arrows come to mind)
Tuesday- slightly longer flying, something about an extra A380- this year???
Wednesday- brings some visiting military biz, Dutch G4, Belgian EMB135, Italian Falcons and A319
Thursday-clear out day!

Has anybody received their trade tickets yet ? Purchased mine about a month ago and money has been taken, should I worry yet?

stonesfan

Post by stonesfan »

Am waiting to see the confirmed line up before I decide which day to attend. Wednesday is looking like being the one to go for at present.

MetMan
UKAR Supporter

Post by MetMan »

Not received my ticket yet. Doesn't matter though if you printed your 'Q-jump' number off. Colleague of mine booked late last year so used his Q-jump to print out on the day and got through the entrance bit exactly the same speed as me with a posted ticket.

And although I selected Monday when I ordered them - I seem to recall last time that once the ticket came it was valid for any day, so hoping it is the same this year so I can choose best weather/flying expectation combination.

nellis6

Post by nellis6 »

Wouldn't worry, I have not received my media ticket yet. Granted it is not a paid for one, but one for the whole week. I have received an email confirming that I have had my application accepted but as yet nothing actualy received from them.

Regards, Mike
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
http://www.jetwashaviationphotos.com

sebcoe

Post by sebcoe »

Thanks for the suggestions on this, plenty to think about.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Think i'm going to shoot for wednesday, that way i can leave RIAT tuesday and drive down to Farnborough that day, save the long drive back to Cornwall. TBH, the Russian Knights pretty much decide what i'm doing, do we know if they are there all week or is it just the weekend?

jesterhud

Post by jesterhud »

Anyone had their trade day tickets come through the post yet ?
All the best freaks are here..

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Nope.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Cliffair

Post by Cliffair »

MetMan wrote:Not received my ticket yet. Doesn't matter though if you printed your 'Q-jump' number off. Colleague of mine booked late last year so used his Q-jump to print out on the day and got through the entrance bit exactly the same speed as me with a posted ticket.

And although I selected Monday when I ordered them - I seem to recall last time that once the ticket came it was valid for any day, so hoping it is the same this year so I can choose best weather/flying expectation combination.

Been told at work that the tickets this time round are day specific, hope somebody in the know can confirm or deny this one please...

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Cliffair wrote:
MetMan wrote:Not received my ticket yet. Doesn't matter though if you printed your 'Q-jump' number off. Colleague of mine booked late last year so used his Q-jump to print out on the day and got through the entrance bit exactly the same speed as me with a posted ticket.

Been told at work that the tickets this time round are day specific, hope somebody in the know can confirm or deny this one please...

They are day specific
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Cliffair

Post by Cliffair »

Thanks Trevor , well here is hoping Thursday 's weather is ok and all the goodies have not left. Though might take a punt and get a couple of more tickets for the Monday and Wednesday

Better start making the sacrifices to the Weather gods now unless metman can pull a few strings with Exeter :butt:

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Cliffair wrote:Thanks Trevor , well here is hoping Thursday 's weather is ok and all the goodies have not left. Though might take a punt and get a couple of more tickets for the Monday and Wednesday

Better start making the sacrifices to the Weather gods now unless metman can pull a few strings with Exeter :butt:

I realise I might have been wrong as I was only saying that because I had to book a tuesday ticket and had assumed that it would only be allowed on tuesday. like everybody else I havn't actually seen my ticket. Sorry if I misled.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Did any one check back with the web site?

Please select the day(s) you wish your Trade Visitor Ticket to be valid

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Cliffair

Post by Cliffair »

Pen Pusher wrote:Did any one check back with the web site?

Please select the day(s) you wish your Trade Visitor Ticket to be valid

Brian

I asked the guy at work who booked the tickets for us to check with the girl he booked through at farnborough and he came back with they are day specific, but and it's a big but she did not seem sure about this in her reply to us hence my question on here

Cheers

Cliff

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

The girl who booked the ticket probably worked in a call centre and probably didn't even know where Farnborough is.

The info is on the Visitors/Buy Trade Passes page on the web site.

Daily Trade Visitor Passes are now available to purchase at a cost of £30 per pass, per day when booked in advance, or £37.50 if purchased on the day.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Cliffair

Post by Cliffair »

Well will wait with baited breath for the ticket to arrive and see what's printed on it

Cliff

jwarnerxh558

Post by jwarnerxh558 »

is the friday any good as ive been offered a lift?

MetMan
UKAR Supporter

Post by MetMan »

Postman has just delivered my 'Trade Visitor 1 Day Pass' - it is not day specific.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

2 Day pass arrived for me this morning.

From Liverpool!

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Envelope from Birkenhead sitting on my desk at work when I got in this morning, just need my Jubilee/Enthusiasts ticket for Friday now.

Although it doesn't have a specific day written on the pass, when booking you had to pick a specific day so just wondering if that 'day' info is in the bar code?. Bar code says valid Monday, try using it on Tuesday and the reader goes beep, beep, not valid.

There has to be some mechanism in place to stop you from buying one pass and using it for the whole week.

Brian

DfG on Facebook