Russian Air Force Centenary show

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
patcarty2

Re: Russian Air Force Centenary show

Post by patcarty2 »

<<but no 13 digit promo code>>

The private ID number you enter when reserving your ticket with partner.ru is your passport number.

Pat

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Has anyone had any success in booking any tickets and does it mention in the confirmation email about the 48 hours ? Aggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
My Head Hurts !!!!!!

Peter1943

Post by Peter1943 »

Hi Spaceward

When I completed the booking process by answering the 5 questions, my passport number would not be accepted.

After that attempt, I then filled in another link giving my name, email address, and passport number.

I received an email which started "Dear Friend congratulations...Your pre-registration process was successful. Use your promo code"

It didn't quote a promo code or advise where to get one.

Perhaps I have missed something or am missing something.

Still Hoping

Peter

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Sounds like the email I received this morning "use your promo code" I would if there was one in there !!!

From an earlier email from a contact at MiG.........

"The centenary is run by the Air Force Logistics Command and they give no details on how.
Small wonder – they have no experience in tackling such a large-scale event,
and want to mimic communist-era air parades in Tushino.
It is told to be semi-closed on Friday (guests by invitations),
tightly closed on Saturday (with VIPs by invitations to see Putin coming) and open for public on Sunday.
Invitations are distributed (not sold) to major aviation companies, veteran organisations, and so on.
Local correspondents are at a loss how to get in (they register with the trade publications).

As you see there is nothing to be happy about. "

All sounds great then And there was I thinking of visiting Moscow again for the World Cup in a few years time !!!! Maybe not !

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

The latest link that I have received today now asks to enter my "Fanclub" number https://www.parter.ru/en/buy/fanclub.html
I guess its just a translation problem but I am pretty sure that this is the link for the international application form - but I will not fill it in until Wednesday evening so that its available within the 48 hour window when I arrive in Moscow on Friday - Can we expect long lines of people waiting? It looks like it is a proper ticket agency that deals with rock shows etc so hopefully that part should be ok.

Are you all familiar with Google Maps and the get directions feature? You can select how you will be travelling - walking, PUBLIC TRANSPORT or car. So I selected the public transport icon entered my hotel Izmailovo Gamma Delta hotel as a starting point and Lotte Hotel (one of the ticket collection offices) as the destination and Google tells me its a direct metro, takes 27 minutes total and even better you can print out the directions which are in English and Russian - so if you get lost you could point to the russian translation for help. Give it a go and you can try the airport and of course the airshow. It would be time well spent printing out all your possible trips assuming you want to use public tranport

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Just out of interest when are we all flying out to Moscow ?

I'm off on Thurday morning, I think there's quite a few out on Friday. Just thought I'd ask.

Also, is anyone going to try to get close on Saturday ?

Badger199

Post by Badger199 »

Hi everyone! I deeply sorry about the situation you all have come across with((( I’m from Russia and I’m disappointed that it happens like this. The process is very complicated and uneasy - getting "tickets" demand some efforts, passport data and many other non-understandable things. What for if it is a public event? If you can't conquer ticketing system I'd advice you to come for the show anyway. Frankly speaking there is nothing doing inside because a lot of crowds of people. Go outside! You'll have good light (it will be behind your back), aerobatics program closer than it is inside, the same passes closer too. As regards static, I think you will survive without it!

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Badger199 wrote:Hi everyone! I deeply sorry about the situation you all have come across with((( I’m from Russia and I’m disappointed that it happens like this. The process is very complicated and uneasy - getting "tickets" demand some efforts, passport data and many other non-understandable things. What for if it is a public event? If you can't conquer ticketing system I'd advice you to come for the show anyway. Frankly speaking there is nothing doing inside because a lot of crowds of people. Go outside! You'll have good light (it will be behind your back), aerobatics program closer than it is inside, the same passes closer too. As regards static, I think you will survive without it!

How about security outside on sat,will they allow spotters to watch outside?

kichu

Post by kichu »

rehearsals

http://www.strizhi.ru/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB ... 183065/260

wait a little for the page to load - pics start from post no 264

Tim Laurence

Post by Tim Laurence »

kichu wrote:rehearsals

http://www.strizhi.ru/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB ... 183065/260

wait a little for the page to load - pics start from post no 264

Thanks for the link, Kris. If you are going I will see you there again!

Tim
@timlaurencephotography

timjones

Post by timjones »

Very nice post with some lovely pictures. No consolation of course to a few on the forum that are quite simply trying to get through the maze of obtaining a ticket.

I had the first email stating that I had been lucky enough (in my spam folder). Here was unique code, good start? On hearing of the bad luck with the 48 hours rule I have waited and was planning to apply tomorrow afternoon. We where planning to pick up tickets 3 to start with Friday morning from the hotel in Moscow unfortinately at a late 09:00 then head to the show, a lot later than I would have liked.

There have been so many changes and links I'm totally lost now, we fly out on Thu, is there anybody further forward? What on earth is this 13 digit code, nobody appears to have one? I had a code in the first email, what was that for?

We where thinking of turning up at the ticket office with copies of our emails and trying to obtain tickets if we can get no further, any thoughts/help?

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

timjones wrote:What on earth is this 13 digit code, nobody appears to have one? I had a code in the first email, what was that for?

You use the 1st Promo code when you book the tickets via the Russia Partner site. You get the 13 digit code once the booking process is completed. For those that got their promo code via the Foreign link we are just waiting to find out if the 48 hour pick-up rule applies. The current wording suggests that you can pick up anytime up till 1700hrs on 12/08/2012. My gut feel is the 48 hour rule only applies to the locals who can claim up to 3 tickets. Has anyone been brave enough to try it yet?

timjones

Post by timjones »

Well thanks for that very much, can I use the original link from the email I had saying I had been successfull, select the Friday and get the code?

Soulds a little easier now?

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

timjones wrote:Well thanks for that very much, can I use the original link from the email I had saying I had been successfull, select the Friday and get the code? Soulds a little easier now?

I know of someone who has done just that (not realising he had to pick them up within 48 hours from booking) and obtained the 13 digit code. The question is would they accept a foreign passport when picking up tickets obtained from the original Russian link. You had to add a digit for UK passports to make the link work.

timjones

Post by timjones »

Well I guess no idea but if I was stood in front of the ticket office I guess I would have a good case to collect tickets, what digit and what end of the passport number was it added?

Has anybody on the site succeeded yet? i.e. are collecting tickets.

Thanks,

Tim.

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Just booked 2 tickets . Had an email returned saying order confirmed etc with order numbers and the 13 digit code and the 2 addresses where to collect them from. Untill they're in my hands I'm not grinning yet !
However......Beware before booking as I have to collect within 48 hours and you still need to take your passport to collect the tickets which throws up another problem as the Hotels generally like to keep your Passport on arrival for checking in etc etc .

Bloody good luck to us all !

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Oh yeah, Now the VVS web sites down .

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

spaceward wrote:Just booked 2 tickets . Had an email returned saying order confirmed etc with order numbers and the 13 digit code and the 2 addresses where to collect them from. Untill they're in my hands I'm not grinning yet !
However......Beware before booking as I have to collect within 48 hours and you still need to take your passport to collect the tickets which throws up another problem as the Hotels generally like to keep your Passport on arrival for checking in etc etc .

Bloody good luck to us all !
:lmao: .....there is always tickets to the Bolshoi Ballet if it all goes Pete Tong

I'm guessing that you booked with the original Russian link promo code, as you got 2 tickets?

timjones

Post by timjones »

Well done spaceward, hope we are able to join you. 1 day left to keep trying!

Many thanks and great to hear a success story,

Cheers,

Tim

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

They sure are prolific emailers, got yet another promo code!

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Until the actual tickets are in my hand I'm not holding out much hope. There's been far to many things that have / could go wrong. Soooooooooooooooooo many numbers , codes , promos etc I bet no one knows whats what so what the hell will happen when I turn up at the Ticket office I dread to think.
I'll certainly let you all know what happens.

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

Chrisse wrote:They sure are prolific emailers, got yet another promo code!

You are not alone... a few of us have received a 2nd Foreign code this morning!!!
31,365 promotional codes issued, only 16000 invitations (I assume tickets) so far issued.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Captain Skyhawk wrote:Hi,
It would appear that there will be a big show in Moscow this August (11-12) to mark 100 years of the Russian Air Force. Great, you might say, but that is about the information that exists about it (that I can find, anyway). Two tour companies are running trips to it, but they can't agree on where it actually is - Ian Allan Tours say it's at Zhukovsky and Aeroprints say it's at Chakalovskya, which is a transport base to the north east of the city.
Does anyone know any more about this show?. It could be great, but there seems to be nothing else online about it yet unless anyone knows better...

CS

bet you regret posting this now don't you lol :lmao: :cool:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

flybynight wrote:
Chrisse wrote:They sure are prolific emailers, got yet another promo code!

You are not alone... a few of us have received a 2nd Foreign code this morning!!!
31,365 promotional codes issued, only 16000 invitations (I assume tickets) so far issued.

Suddenly jumped to 27,000 invites now :facepalm:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Guys,one of our party has been the test guinea pig for the ticket ordering and as long as you BOOK VIA LINK SENT IN LAST DAY OR SO,it appears that no 48 restriction applies,just states pick up till 12th August.

So I'll leave it up to you,don't shoot the messenger if you use wrong link!