Russian Air Force Centenary show

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
spaceward

Re: Russian Air Force Centenary show

Post by spaceward »

I have also received more codes this morning . As I have ( I think ) booked my tickets I tried to book the Friday show with these new codes but on entering the promo code it comes up as "this unique code does not exist" so I think that booking the Friday date is now a no go. At least I tried.
Good luck to all of us in our coming weekend . Lets face it we all have blisters on our fingers and are hooked on parracetamols after this fiasco .

Badger199

Post by Badger199 »

AARDVARK wrote:How about security outside on sat,will they allow spotters to watch outside?

I think it's not a good idea to go to Zhukovskiy on Saturday as it is a delegation day and Russian President is going to visit the show. I won't go for sure! You’ll just waistе your time, spend this day in Moscow instead, go sightseeing.

tomcat_69

Post by tomcat_69 »

Yeeeeeees !...... :yahoo:
I succeeded to get my 13 caracters code to pick up the tickets in Moscow. Don't understand anything : I never subsribed with the russian original form, I used the 1st code I received , following the registration for non-russian citiezns and know what ? It worked on parter.ru website. I even got 2 invitations (and could select for 3 persons... but we're just 2 so don't needed more).
I'll just wait to see if everything is OK tomorrow afternoon... And I could even choose my celebration day (for me it's friday cause it'll be sunny). Since I got more codes, I'll try to book for sunday afterwards.....

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Badger199 wrote:
AARDVARK wrote:How about security outside on sat,will they allow spotters to watch outside?

I think it's not a good idea to go to Zhukovskiy on Saturday as it is a delegation day and Russian President is going to visit the show. I won't go for sure! You’ll just waistе your time, spend this day in Moscow instead, go sightseeing.

Well Iam going to try as one day at show is not enough,especially if weather is bad as predicted for Sunday,if they had organised this better and told people from the start that sat was not open to public and show was on fri aswell then they wouldn't be getting people trying to go and view it on sat

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Just tried to complete my ticket order at partner.ru, entered my promo code and then it takes you to the check out section which asks for a password. Tried the passport number with 0 in front - no good, tried my promo - no good, tried to sign in as a new customer but its takes me back to the normal sign in. Clicked "forgoten password" but no email yet with a new password. Very frustrating.

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

My new password came through in an email - great. So now I have a ticket! BUT.... I cant get a ticket for my wife even though she has a different promo code, she does not have her own email address so uses mine - so the system thinks I am trying to order 2 tickets for myself and fails the application - this is even when I try to do a completely separate application using a different browser. SO I suppose I now have to generate an email address for her (that will never be used except for this application). I get the impression that Russia really does not want us there - I have spent about £159 on the 2 visas. £170 on hotels + airfares and god knows how much spending money. The pair of us could have gone somewhere hot for a week for the same money with 100% less aggravation.

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

I set up a new email account for my wife and after following the process I now have booking confirmation and 13 digit codes for both me and my wife! Hopefully I used the right promotion code for each us and did not get them round the wrong way (but that is a possibility) SO now all we have to do is get to the ticket office on Friday and collect our entry tickets, find our way to the hotel and then sort out transport to the airshow.

Can anyone recommend any good restaurants and maybe some live music over this weekend in Moscow? Bit of blues, jazz, soul or some traditional Russian would be great

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Just a note about mobile call charges in Russia (from the o2 website)

Pay monthly customers £1.20 per minute to make a call
£0.85 per minute to receive a call

Text messages £0.40p

Data £6 per Mb

Not sure if that includes VAT or not.

So - use wifi where possible and messenger services, skype or whatever when you have a good wifi connection

reineves

Post by reineves »

Hello to all
I keep a blog / site that publishes aviation aerospace culture in Brazil and worldwide. I would be grateful if some of you could send me some photos of the event to publish them. grateful
  Reinaldo
www.asasmetalicas.com.br

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Everything packed and all set to leave! :yahoo:

Badger199

Post by Badger199 »

Everyone who succeeded in getting tickets for the show or who will go outside the show anyway I wish low passes, bright afterburners and good weather. See you at the show!

Peter1943

Post by Peter1943 »

Received 2 Promo Codes yesterday. Used the link as stated in the email.
Entered the first promo code, clicked save and proceed....code not recognised.

Waited a while, entered the second code, clicked save and proceed....code not recognised.

What is going on ??

Has anybody experiences the same problem ?

Help

Peter

Peter1943

Post by Peter1943 »

Previous message

should have read "this unique code does not exist"

Peter

tomcat_69

Post by tomcat_69 »

hi guys !
posting from moscow... I didn't believe it but I gof my 2 tickets this afternoon for tomorrow airshow. I worked out !... hope it'll be the same for you.

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Why hello everyone back in the UK from a hot and sunny Russia!

We visited Monino today and, good god what a site! So many gems there that you wouldn't see anywhere else! As well as all of this viewing, we were also treated to launches and recoveries several MiG 29s, Su-25s and Su-27s for the '100 Flypast.' Quite amazing!!

Time to do the whole airshow tomorrow hopefully in similar weather!

Tim Laurence

Post by Tim Laurence »

Hi all,

I have been at Zhukovsky for 3 days so far this week and I have to say, as far as air show photography goes, nothing has ever been as fantastic as the few hours this evening. The light was stunning, the aircraft displays were unbeatable and the flares just kept firing! We were speechless.

Hopefully the weather is ok for you guys over the weekend. You are in for a massive celebration!

Tim
@timlaurencephotography

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Arrived in Moscow yesterday and picked up the tickets from Lotte hotel no problem. Then got lost on the metro Because we came out of the wrong station into a massive storm. But now in hotel at the old Olympic site

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Well me and a starstruck st24 are just sat at the airport now waiting to check in and get on the first of three flights home.

What an outstanding show! Fair to say, the best show I have ever been to and likely will ever go to. The weather was perfect yesterday, the flying display was varied and fast paced. As soon as the Russian Knights completed their vertical flare split, the 100 flypast were already in the distance

Su-35, Su-34s, Russian Falcons, Russian Knights and Swifts, MiG 29 dogfight and all Russian AF flypasts were just fantastic. I don't think another country can top what Russia have done this past weekend.

Congratulations Russian Air Force, what a show you put on!!

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Great show. Weather forecast was for storms but instead I got slightly sunburnt and had to buy a hat! What was that first serious looking jet that did incredible manoeuvres after all the old propeller planes? I thought the depleted read arrows still put in a superb display but I prefer the powerful noisy fighters to the trainers that display teams use. What a great static display which also included some radar and other assorted odd looking items. A great trip. Shame I got on the wrong shuttle bus which took me to the car park instead of the train station and bus driver would not take us back even though he was going there! Still a great adventure with my wife narrowly missing being run down by the express train but that's another story

AMB

Post by AMB »

Kieran wrote:Well me and a starstruck st24 are just sat at the airport now waiting to check in and get on the first of three flights home.

What an outstanding show! Fair to say, the best show I have ever been to and likely will ever go to. The weather was perfect yesterday, the flying display was varied and fast paced. As soon as the Russian Knights completed their vertical flare split, the 100 flypast were already in the distance

Su-35, Su-34s, Russian Falcons, Russian Knights and Swifts, MiG 29 dogfight and all Russian AF flypasts were just fantastic. I don't think another country can top what Russia have done this past weekend.

Congratulations Russian Air Force, what a show you put on!!

Keiran,
I watched the show on a livestream video broadcast yesterday and guess you must have got southside, as the public were viewing everything into sun? Brilliant plan by the Red Arrows to change the red/white/blue smoke to white/blue/red to make the russian flag! However there seem to be long gaps and the show appeared disjointed in places. Alas the broadcast was from only one camera position, so I have no idea what was in static and hope someone posts pics.
Adrian

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Yes we were north side yesterday but south side on Saturday, unfortunately doing it the wrong way round.

It was definitely your live stream. Everything was slick and in perfect timing, even better than our own shows!

sebcoe

Post by sebcoe »

Was out there for Saturday & Sunday, mostly outside but went in early Sunday for static then came out for flying. Epic show, well worth the hassles with promo codes. So glad I went & doubt I will ever see anything like that again. Travelled with a group who formed up through here & and who were great company. Did Monino on Monday which was awesome and even managed a quick trip to Red Square! Highlights.....so many but the Su-35 was magnificent. :yahoo:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

sebcoe wrote:Was out there for Saturday & Sunday, mostly outside but went in early Sunday for static then came out for flying. Epic show, well worth the hassles with promo codes. So glad I went & doubt I will ever see anything like that again. Travelled with a group who formed up through here & and who were great company. Did Monino on Monday which was awesome and even managed a quick trip to Red Square! Highlights.....so many but the Su-35 was magnificent. :yahoo:

Yes was great trip with great group,highlight has to be frecce tricolori,Reds and Rafale,amazing,be posting pics soon :cool:

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

AARDVARK wrote:
sebcoe wrote:Was out there for Saturday & Sunday, mostly outside but went in early Sunday for static then came out for flying. Epic show, well worth the hassles with promo codes. So glad I went & doubt I will ever see anything like that again. Travelled with a group who formed up through here & and who were great company. Did Monino on Monday which was awesome and even managed a quick trip to Red Square! Highlights.....so many but the Su-35 was magnificent. :yahoo:

Yes was great trip with great group,highlight has to be frecce tricolori,Reds and Rafale,amazing,be posting pics soon :cool:

Seriously...?!

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Here is the link to Russian TV video http://www.rt.com/news/russian-air-forc ... rsary-384/