Shepway airshow 1999 temperature query

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
eddywinch82

Shepway airshow 1999 temperature query

Post by eddywinch82 »

Hi there,

Just wondering what temperature was it in Folkestone
at the 1999 airshow which i think was on September 5th ?
any info would be appreciated

Regards

hunterxf382

Re: Shepway airshow 1999 temperature query

Post by hunterxf382 »

:facepalm: Even answered it himself back in April....

eddywinch82 wrote:Lets hope the visibility at this years show is better than at the 1999 Shepway airshow. To start off with it was very hazy due to the high temperature which must have been pushing 30'c and looking into the sun, then Later in the day fog and low cloud, all credit to the pilots that day for flying in those conditions. Luckily i am not going to be carrying any equipment, so me and my dad could park and walk, although we are staying at a hotel
on the leas after the show so walking may not be an option if we are too far out.
Regards

:dunno:
Pete Buckingham
Volunteer in Aviation
Former RAF Engineer
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

I just would love to here other peoples thoughts on the show how hot it was etc.
Conditions looked difficult on the Planestv footage on their Airshows 99 dvd which is fascinating
to watch, and just how the pilots coped. I read somewhere on the internet that the pilots had to modify their displays
to cope with the conditions, which must have been marginal. There were similar conditions at the
Lowestoft Airshow in 2001 again it was a really hot day, I read a report from the show on airscene.

Regards

Eddie
Last edited by eddywinch82 on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

A quick search at Weather Underground gave a max temp at Gatwick of 27°C on 5th September 1999.
I don't know if that helps.