The Great UKAR Amnesty

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

The Great UKAR Amnesty

Post by UK Airshow Review »

Dear UKARians,

We at UKAR work hard to provide the best possible service to aviation enthusiasts all across the world, and every now and then we come up with a new way to make our message board even better. This one might be our most radical yet - but we're rather proud of it.

As you'll know, our team of moderators work hard in their own time to ensure the board runs smoothly, and at times we may well wade in and do a bit of 'tidying up'. And we'll admit that occasionally we may have gone into our moderating with a bit too much vim and vigour. But we think everyone is deserving of a second chance, and after a bit of soul-searching, we've decided to wipe the slate clean.

So, our proposal is to offer an amnesty, across the board, to all those who have lost or cancelled their memberships, right back since 'the beginning'. Of course our rules must still be adhered to, but as UKAR careers towards 20 glorious years, now is the time that all of us can show a new maturity. Think of it as "UKAR 2.0".

We'd ask those who'd like to return to the forum to either register in the normal way, or contact one of the UKAR Staff team directly via email http://www.airshows.co.uk/contact.html

The UKAR Team

RadarSpotters.eu

Re: The Great UKAR Amnesty

Post by RadarSpotters.eu »

Well done! A nice gesture. :clap:
www.RadarSpotters.eu
The independent RadarSpotting forum since 2009!

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

6 years in solitary :dizzy:
at least the team will know who is posting, not loads of alias accounts just to create havoc and make the mods work harder.

the Amnesty could make the site the site it once was, sadly its fallen down the table over recent years,
could it topple Fighter control from the number one spot :win: , always open for some friendly competition.
cheers Rich :snack:

MicrolightDriver

Post by MicrolightDriver »

Have many banned users asked to be reinstated since the beginning of the 'amnesty'?

MicrolightDriver

Not trolling Dan. I'll leave the insults to you. I was just curious whether people were even interested in returning to a site where the same 'vim and vigour' that led to their original banning still exists in such copious amounts...

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

MicrolightDriver wrote:a site where the same 'vim and vigour' that led to their original banning still exists in such copious amounts...

Does it?

Trevsy

Post by Trevsy »

MicrolightDriver wrote:Not trolling Dan. I'll leave the insults to you. I was just curious whether people were even interested in returning to a site where the same 'vim and vigour' that led to their original banning still exists in such copious amounts...

Blimey. If that is how you feel, you're under no pressure to stay.
"Dom Pérignon '62 Red 5?" - Roger Moore

MicrolightDriver

Ben H wrote:
MicrolightDriver wrote:a site where the same 'vim and vigour' that led to their original banning still exists in such copious amounts...

Does it?

Seems so... :roll:

A380FWWOW

Post by A380FWWOW »

What a great idea, next your going to bring fun and games back! :smile: OK I will go while the going is good
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65589468@N04/
View on this site are my views and not those of any organisation!

ranger703

Post by ranger703 »

This almost hints at desperation!!

Has the forum really got that bad or is it that little if anything has changed,regardless of threads such as this from 2009!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10489

Too many top notch photographers have left over the years and many recently. I doubt whether this amnesty will make a difference to encouraging them back.

Andy

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

ranger703 wrote:Too many top notch photographers have left over the years

And plenty more have joined. Can't expect everyone to stay around forever, things change over time.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

ranger703

Post by ranger703 »

I beg to differ,the best got bored of the politics and moved on a long time ago and as for my boredom I was actually googling 'spotting group scotland' and a post from Wallace was linked to the 2009 thread. That in turn led me to this Amnesty thread which I would otherwise have not seen.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

There's a list of 350+ great photographers that have featured in POTW. Tonight's update features several new names too - there's always fresh talent joining the forum.

"The best" is subjective, but there is no shortage of great photographers on here and the standard has never been higher than it has in the last 3 years IMO.

ranger703

Post by ranger703 »

Fair point,so why the amnesty?

ranger703

Post by ranger703 »

I hope it works,some of the recent losses especially have been to the detriment of the site regardless of the 'politics' involved. I do feel that recently the 'off-topic' postings have been far more subscribed to than the posts involving imagery.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

ranger703 wrote:I hope it works,some of the recent losses especially have been to the detriment of the site regardless of the 'politics' involved. I do feel that recently the 'off-topic' postings have been far more subscribed to than the posts involving imagery.

We can't control the end user and their desire to comment or not - we do our best to encourage and highlight the talent with POTW.