Sola airshow 2012 - Norway

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Dan K.R

Sola airshow 2012 - Norway

Post by Dan K.R »

The weekend after Kjeller i travelled once again with a 737 - Norwegian down to Sola airport in Stavanger. Saturday was windy and rainy but luckely for me my editor gave me an nice VIP spot with a"roof"above my head for the most of the airshow. Sunday was a very sunny and nice one and i was smiling with the sun. I eaven took some static`s and it was really fun to get a shot with Pär Cederqvist and Michael Carlsson in front of the Biltema Spitfire. I also had a good chat with the guys who are both great humans and aviators! The F-16 picture at the end of the serie are at the cover of the airshow-dvd from the show,and it was a really blast when NRK (like the Norwegian BBC) called me at work asking if they could use it :smile:

Untitled by Dan K.R, on Flickr

Pär Cederqvist & Mikael Carlsson by Dan K.R, on Flickr

Eskil Amdal by Dan K.R, on Flickr

Hasboman

Re: Sola airshow 2012 - Norway

Post by Hasboman »

Lovely shots, looks like a fantastic line up! :clap: It's nice to see some pictures of the people on UKAR too, afterall without them airshows just wouldn't happen!

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

Some hard work and effort gone into that set of lovely photos Dan.
Thank-you for posting your rewards.. :music: :hypno: :smile:
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Post by MarkL »

This was my first non UK airshow in 20+ years spotting. Unfortunately I could only make the Saturday but the weather wasn't that bad. It was interesting how the static was not roped off so you were free to get up close to the a/c and that the flying aircraft were in the static display so to speak, being pulled out for their display and then returned... I can can imagine it must be a nightmare for the photograhers trying to get their static shots :-).

Anyway, thankyou for a lovely set of images reminding me of a great day out.

Mark
HTAFC

Dan K.R

Post by Dan K.R »

Thank you so mutch for those kind words guys,and yeah it was really challenging getting this shots. The static at the most Norwegian airshows is often like this,and though it is sometimes a nightmare to get some shot it is really great for the public. It was a waiting-game,but as the display started it was not that bad. It is really great to show a bit of the Norwegian airshow-scene to my English aviation friends also :smile: This was after all a result of me going to Duxford,Old Warden,Clacton seaside,Rougham etc.airshows. Last winter i wrote an article about Old Warden in this aviationmagazine( Flynytt) i got hired from and with my own pictures. The editor liked it and contacted me asking if i would work for them now and then. Though i dont get rich in anyway it is a really nice way to get experiences on this level and it feels really good to help the magazine. Aviation is not big in Norway like in the UK so the magazine is a low budget 5000 copys per issue and need all help they can get. Thank you so mutch for the support once again :smile:

SuperGuppy

Post by SuperGuppy »

Great pictures Dan ! I don't recognise the aircraft with Luftwaffe markings in the foreground of the photo of the F86 and F5 - do you know what it is ?

Hatstand
UKAR Supporter

Post by Hatstand »

You're off to a great start on these forums! Another great set of photos! I enjoy seeing the stuff going on apart from the flying displays, as well as the in-flight shots.

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

SuperGuppy wrote:Great pictures Dan ! I don't recognise the aircraft with Luftwaffe markings in the foreground of the photo of the F86 and F5 - do you know what it is ?

It looks like an Arado 96 to me but don't quote me!

John

Dan K.R

Post by Dan K.R »

Thank you so mutch guys :smile: I will post more albums later on. The german plane is a Arado 96 yeas. Had to google it myself and the plane is the most complete Arado 96 on the planet so far as i understand. It was raised from a Norwegian fjord in 1992. The pilot had to make a emergencylanding on its way to from Bergen to Sola in 1943

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

More great photos. I really like the SAS 737 and the last shot of the demo F-16. I saw that when it visited the UK last month. :smile:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Dan K.R

Post by Dan K.R »

Thank u very mutch guys :smile: Yeah the Norwegians was at North Weald and some was at DX too i think.

MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Post by MarkL »

FarnboroJohn wrote:
SuperGuppy wrote:Great pictures Dan ! I don't recognise the aircraft with Luftwaffe markings in the foreground of the photo of the F86 and F5 - do you know what it is ?

It looks like an Arado 96 to me but don't quote me!

John

There is a super Museum just off base that I believe the Arado belongs to. The most disapointing thing about my trip to Sola was that this museum was closed on show days. :-( Luckily, howerver, a number of their best aircraft were put into static so I did get to see a few. We did have a snoop around the museum building when we left and did find the Heinkel HE-115 that had recently been pulled from the sea. It featured in an article in Fly Past soon after so I was pretty pleased with that find :-)

Mark

EDIT... Youtube slideshow of the recovery which happened only 7 days before I saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7up8w4mvWU
HTAFC

ciaranchef

Post by ciaranchef »

Superb set of pictures, looks like a great show, wonderful post! :clap:
"It is generally inadvisable to eject over the area you just bombed"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ciaranchef/

Dan K.R

Post by Dan K.R »

Tanx for the cool info and good feedback :smile: Guess it is Old Warden i behind of you Chiaranchef? Best place in the world to me...Yeassss!!