NATO DAYS by hesja

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
hesja

NATO DAYS by hesja

Post by hesja »

Fantastic airshow, fantastic time with friends and... some shooting :)

as a bonus - my girlfriend :)

and many more if You want to see at:
http://www.hesja.pl/XPL/galeria/show/303
Nikon D810, D500, Nikkor 500mm, Nikkor 70-200mm
HESJA AIR-ART PHOTOGRAPHY
SPFL AIR-ACTION

JackyRIATWilson

Re: NATO DAYS by hesja

Post by JackyRIATWilson »

Photos are excellent! Brilliant work hesja :clap:

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

Wow they are amazing, I love the angle on some of them...ones I have never seen before! :clap:

Dan
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

Absolutely stunning, I personally adore the B-52 one, you can see the old girls age in the photo.

The Flying Barrel

Post by The Flying Barrel »

Unlucky for some but #13 does it for me. Although the others are not too shabby!

saimon

Post by saimon »

Great shots and nice post-production.

Simone

Tim Laurence

Post by Tim Laurence »

These are really great pictures. Fantastic detail, artistic composition and clever post production. Thanks for sharing.

Tim
@timlaurencephotography

Hatstand
UKAR Supporter

Post by Hatstand »

Outstanding work, as usual!

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

There has been a debate in the UK media this week regarding is Photography, Art ?

Funny enough :clap:

awesome stuff.

Lloyd H

Post by Lloyd H »

Simply superb, the PP is ace as well. Really like your style of editing Hesja :clap:

nigelblake

Post by nigelblake »

DanO1978 wrote:The pair of Mirage 2000s pulling over the top is especially good, but the set is epic. :clap: :worship:

You seem to have changed your tune, Dano! I always thought you didn't like "Cartoon" processing!
Suffice to say I am not taken by the processing, I think there may well be quite a few good shots in this set... if the processing wasn't so OTT, as a for instance that Red Arrows Hawk is a dreadful colour! I won't comment any further!

Swissjoke

Post by Swissjoke »

Blast , Flares n' smoke!

Crazy set!!!! :rock:

MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Post by MarkL »

Superb Aviation Art photography
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mark
HTAFC

henk99

Post by henk99 »

Really like #16 of the Viper and how the vortex starts at the wingroot. The rest of the set is also....well...... :drool:
| Erlanger Bergkirchweih | RIAT 2023 | Belgian Airforce Days 2023 | Frysian Flag 2023

foxfour

Post by foxfour »

As aviation art there are some stunning images. I would however like to see some before and after shots of processed images sometime as some of these look just a little too processed for my taste.

r.e.hendriks

Post by r.e.hendriks »

As always.... simply brilliant!!
FLY-BY.NL MILITARY AVIATION PHOTOGRAPHY
http://www.fly-by.nl

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

foxfour wrote:As aviation art there are some stunning images. I would however like to see some before and after shots of processed images sometime as some of these look just a little too processed for my taste.

Interesting set and some of them are very dramatic, especially the Typhoon in shots 21 and 22 but I would also would like to see what the original was like and how the process follows. Purely from the point of view of learning how they are done. :smile:

paullangford

Post by paullangford »

I always look forward to your posts.

Another exceptional set, and in my opinion your post processing adds another dimension your photos, but you also have to have a good photo to start with I believe.

Thanks for posting the photos...........and the inspiration !

Paul

bigcrow

Post by bigcrow »

Some impressive angles, but far too much post processing for my liking, an example of this is the first Red Arrows shot the colours just don't look right?

swingy

Post by swingy »

Great set :clap:

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

mr pabs wrote:Again some interesting images from Hesja, I like them..... Good job :clap:

nigelblake wrote:
DanO1978 wrote:The pair of Mirage 2000s pulling over the top is especially good, but the set is epic. :clap: :worship:

You seem to have changed your tune, Dano! I always thought you didn't like "Cartoon" processing!
Suffice to say I am not taken by the processing, I think there may well be quite a few good shots in this set... if the processing wasn't so OTT, as a for instance that Red Arrows Hawk is a dreadful colour! I won't comment any further!

imagine the outcry if somebody left THAT comment on one of your posts, about time you moved on pretending to be God and removed your head out of your own backside.

Please let's all just grow up. Thanks.

urkles

Post by urkles »

A truly inspiring selection of photographs, a fantastic post, the Mirage 2000 pair is one of the best shots I have ever seen

tug23

Post by tug23 »

Simply stunning,consistently better than anything on here..

blackcat

Post by blackcat »

Always enjoy your photo's,you have your own style thats for sure.
They are a bit arty but thats what makes them different and stand out.

The pair of M2000 is really nice but for some reason I really like the B52 angle.
Mark.

Craig_85

Post by Craig_85 »

I think Hesja knows his photos don't look realistic, the fact he calls it Air Art Photography explains that. He looks for something different in the very shots he goes for and certainly something different in his processing. It attracts attention and divides opinion, but keeps his shots in the limelight. However, the converse of this is sometimes I think that there is a lot of good, well thought out and accurately processed shots on the internet that do not get the attention they deserve. A bit like the way blokes look at the tart walking down the street in high heels and short skirt but not at the actually beautiful girl who is dressed plainly.

Hesja's shots are like modern art, a digital photo pushed to the extremes of contrast, vivid colours and the effects of light. This is obviously not going to be everyones tastes when it was only a few of years ago a lot of guys on here even were using film. A classic watercolour painting to continue the metaphor.

Personally I find the shots interesting, but I'm not a fan of modern art I'm afraid. Shot 8 is the pick of the bunch IMHO as it is the most natural looking but I also love the composition on the Mirage 2000 from slightly underneath it. The colours are not accurate though throughout the set, fact. I think the more naive you are photographically the more impressive you will find this type of photography. I was amazed when I first saw Hesja's work from RIAT back in 2009 I think and some of the early Axalp sets. The more conscious I have become of colour balance and whilst trying to bring out the most detail in a shot without loosing the 'how the human eye' would have seen it effect the less I like this type of in your face editing.

Keep it up though Hesja, if everybody done the same thing it would be as dull as ditchwater, I really think that variety, particularly on an interent photo forum is the spice of life. I'm certain your stuff inspires new people to pick up cameras every year.

:up: :smile: