TFC Gladiator @ Duxford - 10Apr13

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Pen Pusher

TFC Gladiator @ Duxford - 10Apr13

Post by Pen Pusher »

The TFC Gladiator was wheeled out into the sunshine this afternoon and taken down to ARCo where John Romain was going to perform the initial engine runs as he has experience of aircraft with Bristol Mercury engines and no, I don't know when it's going to fly again.

With the BBMF Hurricane sitting in the hazy sunshine outside the ARCo hangar, I was on the look out for the black BBMF Chipmunk and it didn't twig at first when a silver & dayglo chipmunk touched down. First time I've seen this colour scheme. The Hurricane is now back at Coningsby and the Chipmunk was still sitting on the jet pan at Duxford when I left as it had brake issues.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Screechy

Re: TFC Gladiator @ Duxford - 10Apr13

Post by Screechy »

Nice angle on the Chippie, like that one, very nice.

Was rooting around Duxford on saturday (13/4/13) and saw at the back of the conservation hanger , the fueselage of Big Beautiful Doll. Where has that come from? It surely can't be the one that crunched over the back??

beefer

Post by beefer »

It is probably the replica from the Imperial War Museum that used to be hanging from the roof.

Screechy

Post by Screechy »

Yeah right, that makes sense, that would account for the He-162 as well

Hasboman

Post by Hasboman »

Gladiator had engine runs today: http://fighter-collection.com/cft/gladi ... into-life/

Harry :biggrin:

F-86

Post by F-86 »

Screechy wrote:Nice angle on the Chippie, like that one, very nice.

Was rooting around Duxford on saturday (13/4/13) and saw at the back of the conservation hanger , the fueselage of Big Beautiful Doll. Where has that come from? It surely can't be the one that crunched over the back??

The Mustang is the one that was at Duxford in the 70's before going on display at the IWM in London. And no it isn't a replica.

Cudworth

Post by Cudworth »

Screechy I was at Duxford 13th for the safety day fly in! Bit windy weren't it...
Mind thy airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.