Saturday Duxford in September

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Timc

Saturday Duxford in September

Post by Timc »

Well just gone through a few shots from yesterday, pity about the cancellations but there was still enough strength in depth for an enjoyable show in tricky lighting conditions.

Cheers
Tim

1 .

Maisie

Re: Saturday Duxford in September

Post by Maisie »

#5 & #16 are great :clap:
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

You have certainly done a great job of capturing the opportunities. Excellent images, with # 11 & 20 winning-out fo me. Anybody that chose Saturday (on the back of the South African 747 on Youtube) hoping for similar display, could've done better down Myrtle Avenue anytime! With no 'Chippies', 1 x Vampire, sick pilots for the F-86 & Pat-de France we were treated to a second Aerostars display whilst waiting 45 minutes for the Typhoon to end the flying. Yep!... you did brilliant.

rob68

Post by rob68 »

presume you were in the naughty field? From the paying side of the fence it looked as if the Dutch Spit nearly lost it on take off and landing, what did it look like to you?

Timc

Post by Timc »

No wasn't in the "recognised" naughty field but along the bridleway/track which is adjacent to the road as you turn in for the school, so didn't see any take off or landings, seems that some of the local Duxford residents use this area to view the airshow rather than their back gardens so I was told (by a local!)

Cheers
Tim

duxfordhawk

Post by duxfordhawk »

rob68 wrote:presume you were in the naughty field? From the paying side of the fence it looked as if the Dutch Spit nearly lost it on take off and landing, what did it look like to you?

From the paying M-11 side I would agree both the take off and landing looked hairy to say the least.
Martin
To see my Photos go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dxhawk/

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Where did the Typhoon team operate from Yesterday? Saw them at Leuchars on Friday (practice) and Saturday (Airshow Display) and the Aircraft used for Leuchars was an Unmarked example with a Two Digit Tailcode.

rob68

Post by rob68 »

Looking from tank bank end on take off he appeared to not get hold of her and went off at an angle towards the runway. I was told he did the same the day before. I may have got this wrong but before display ben dunnell interviewed the pilot and think said a new pilot was learning. Wouldn't have liked the swerve to have happened at all tbh. The landing looked a handful, looked as if maybe 3 bounces and then a swerve again towards runway countered by full opposite ruder just as one wing and wheel lifted up. Maybe it was not as bad as what i thought due to distance but interested what others thought

TheDuck

Post by TheDuck »

rob68 wrote:Looking from tank bank end on take off he appeared to not get hold of her and went off at an angle towards the runway. I was told he did the same the day before. I may have got this wrong but before display ben dunnell interviewed the pilot and think said a new pilot was learning. Wouldn't have liked the swerve to have happened at all tbh. The landing looked a handful, looked as if maybe 3 bounces and then a swerve again towards runway countered by full opposite ruder just as one wing and wheel lifted up. Maybe it was not as bad as what i thought due to distance but interested what others thought

Saturday M-11 end and Sunday tank bank and both takeoffs - for me - look perfectly normal, with only the landing on Saturday causing an issue but it was well held. I believe though a different pilot flew the Dutch Spitfire each day.

Back to the photos - and speaking of the Dutch Spitfire - I don't normally like underside shots but the underside of the Dutch Spitfire is cracking. :clap: