Brevet Cable

Re: Riat 2014 invited list

Post by Brevet Cable »

What.....no VPAF or KPAF ??
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

Brevet Cable wrote:What.....no VPAF or KPAF ??

Your just can't please some people :lol:
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

JackyRIATWilson

Post by JackyRIATWilson »

Very happy with this year's list, let's hope we get the aircraft to boot!

Jack.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Dare I be the one dissenter by saying that the list is like the 2013 Static Park.........smaller than usual but spread out more to make it look bigger ....... :whistle:
아직도 숨어있다

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Brevet Cable wrote:Dare I be the one dissenter by saying that the list is like the 2013 Static Park.........smaller than usual but spread out more to make it look bigger ....... :whistle:

Quality over quantity.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

That remains to be seen , especially when you concider how small a percentage of the Countries invited actually send anything.
As a rough count , there's about 75 Countries on that list.......I'd be surprised if much more than 20% of them send anything.
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

I'm bored & it's fun rattling your cage.
아직도 숨어있다

john001

Post by john001 »

At least these Romanians and Bulgarians will be most welcome to work in the UK. One wonders how much political squabbles (rather than outright war) affects things like this.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Oh , goody...politics !! :tumbleweed:
아직도 숨어있다

lancey2k32

Post by lancey2k32 »

Additional info taken from the RIAT.

Here's looking forward to 2014 and what better way to start than letting you know who has been invited to bring aircraft to the Air Tattoo in July and what we have been doing since the last show to try and achieve these ambitions.

Well, to start with we thought that rather than just show which countries have been invited we would include the specific air arms and operators that we have invited. We want you to have as much detail as we can provide so that you understand the process we have to go through to secure aircraft. We will start updating this list with the green, amber and red traffic light system next week and continue right up until the show in July. Click here to see the list of invited air arms

Tom Gibbons, our Deputy Director Air Operations explains;

"By the end of RIAT 2013 the Air Tattoo team had, amongst many other activities, been heavily tasked with the production of a comprehensive itinerary to visit the many foreign Embassy's and High Commissions located in London. This process lays some of the more substantial foundations for RIAT 2014 and serves to demonstrate the value of attendance at the Air Tattoo and to aid nations in their compilation plans for the coming years' airshows.

The visit programme supports the annual campaign of writing personally to the worlds' Air Chiefs thanking them for their support to the previous Air Tattoo and extending invitations to the next. By the end of 2013 the team had completed this series of visits with a total of 43 enormously successful appointments carried out in London. During this period the team briefed the many Defence and Air Attachés and received a warm welcome, generating enormous interest in the operational and public themes for RIAT 2014."

So, rest assured, we are working hard on trying to secure aircraft and as soon as we have any written confirmations we will let you

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

RIAT updates popping up on my facebook and twitter is beginning to give me the tingles :lol: :yahoo:

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Royal Netherlands Navy Invited

Well, at the time of the show it will be some seven years since the RNLN had to transfer its flying machines to the Air Force. :sad:
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

boff180 wrote:Yup just appeared. :clap:

That has to be one of the strongest invited lists since they started publishing them.

I'm taking this as a good omen.

Andy

Guess the Ruskie's was testing the route over for the show.
when they almost caused world war 3 last week off the coast of Scotland, sticking a fully missle loaded warship in the Moray fourth and
we having nothing to stop it, took us 2 days to get a warship to it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sage-field

I would not bank on anything Russian on a invite being on our soil.too much sabre rattling going on.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

vulcan558 wrote:
boff180 wrote:Yup just appeared. :clap:

That has to be one of the strongest invited lists since they started publishing them.

I'm taking this as a good omen.

Andy

Guess the Ruskie's was testing the route over for the show.
when they almost caused world war 3 last week off the coast of Scotland, sticking a fully missle loaded warship in the Moray fourth and
we having nothing to stop it, took us 2 days to get a warship to it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sage-field

I would not bank on anything Russian on a invite being on our soil.too much sabre rattling going on.

The good-old Daily Fail..................."The Russian ship waited in the Moray Forth, a stretch of water that flows into Loch Ness"

Since when did the Moray Firth flow INTO Loch Ness?, and it's "Firth", not "Forth". Bunch of blithering idiots. :wall:

antal

Post by antal »

pako-2008 wrote:Interesting that the Finnish Army has been invited back, but the airforce aren't on the list.

Finnish AF now added to the list.

Antal

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Obviously no repeat of 1994 or 1996 as the Russian Navy have not been invited either. :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

RIAT Air Ops

Post by RIAT Air Ops »

aviodromefriend wrote:

Well, at the time of the show it will be some seven years since the RNLN had to transfer its flying machines to the Air Force. :sad:

"aviodromefriend" - Seems pretty clear to me:

http://www.defensie.nl/english/navy/materiel/helicopters/nh90/

Cheers, Tom

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

I've definitely got a photo of an NH90 in Dutch Navy colours, they're painted a cream colour.

Andy

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

RIAT Air Ops wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:

Cheers, Tom

Sorry to see you take your info from a not updated site since the last three rounds of reorganisations/financial cuts in Dutch defense. The only reason why the aviation part of the RNLN is officially still in existence is that there is no budget to disband it, and as such its flag is not taken in. The NH90s are all operated by the Air Force as part of the DHC, also when they operate from ships.
boff180 wrote:I've definitely got a photo of an NH90 in Dutch Navy colours, they're painted a cream colour.

Andy
There has been only one that has been flying in RNLN colours (N 088), but that one is still not handed over to the Dutch, it's still part of the test flying fleet from the factory. In that cream colour the machines are still trying to reach full capabilities for the Air Force.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

Just a thought - but rather than criticise Tom for believing something that seems eminently plausible, surely your criticism (if that is what it is...) should be aimed at those responsible for failing to update the web site in the first instance.

I would have thought that the Netherlands government and Ministry of Defence should be able to do better than this...
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

john001

Post by john001 »

Surely any invites go through the military attaches of countries not just banged off to addresses on websites.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Maybe the next thing they could do is publish an "invited" list for the warbirds , classic jets & any other civi displays they're concidering ...... :whistle:
아직도 숨어있다

RIAT Air Ops

Post by RIAT Air Ops »

aviodromefriend wrote:
RIAT Air Ops wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:

Cheers, Tom

Sorry to see you take your info from a not updated site since the last three rounds of reorganisations/financial cuts in Dutch defense. The only reason why the aviation part of the RNLN is officially still in existence is that there is no budget to disband it, and as such its flag is not taken in. The NH90s are all operated by the Air Force as part of the DHC, also when they operate from ships.
boff180 wrote:I've definitely got a photo of an NH90 in Dutch Navy colours, they're painted a cream colour.

Andy
There has been only one that has been flying in RNLN colours (N 088), but that one is still not handed over to the Dutch, it's still part of the test flying fleet from the factory. In that cream colour the machines are still trying to reach full capabilities for the Air Force.

Without getting embroiled in an "are they/aren't they" forum discussion I hardly think I can be blamed for what you infer is an out of date official website. Also, when discussing the potential for the NH90 to attend RIAT 2013 the signature box on the said gentleman's email's was as follows:

pilot NH90 / squadron safety officer
Defensie Helikopter Commando
Naval Airstation De Kooy/860 SQN
Netherlands Royal Navy

Hardly a howler in that case is it?

Tom

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

RIAT Air Ops wrote:
Hardly a howler in that case is it?

Tom

Nope and credit is due for trying every avenue possible to get new operators of types to the show.

Andy

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

Tom,
The pilots may be navy, they may have navy squadron markings on them, but they are air force owned. Simple as that. - hardly an issue really.