Alouette III 50 years on Portuguese Air Force

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
Spotter21

Alouette III 50 years on Portuguese Air Force

Post by Spotter21 »

2013 was the year of the 50th anniversary of the Alouette III in the service of the Portuguese Air Force and would like to share it here in this forum

Officially established on November 24, 1978 , 552 Squadron was the result of a name change of the 33 Squadron on September 30, 1986 receives the helicopters then quenched Esq 551 and 1993 absorbs Esq 111 , making it if the trustee of the values ​​and traditions of all the previous units that operated the alouette III the Air Force with the responsibility that entails.

Currently Squadron 552 is based on Beja and is responsible for training helicopter pilots for the Portuguese Air Force and Portuguese Navy, ensuring permanent posting in the Aerodrome Maneuvering 1 ( Ovar ) for Search and Rescue ( SAR ) and medical evacuation ( MEDEVAC ) . All these words I picked the Fleet website but also I would add something else related to this my hobby whenever I related to the Alouette III Patrol "Rotors of Portugal" currently disabled but over the past years has always delighted the audience with their fantastic performances .

Thanks for viewing

More photos in my blog: http://cannontwo.blogspot.pt/

Regards from Portugal

Jorge Ruivo
Last edited by Spotter21 on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rdchawk

Re: Alouette III 50 years on Portuguese Air Force

Post by rdchawk »

Can still picture the Alouette's in the Grasshoppers Team some time ago now. nice pics :clap: :clap:
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

SPLAT

Post by SPLAT »

What squadron does the Tiger marked one belong to , I did not realise the III were a Nato tiger squadron?

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Nice, first shot especially. Such charismatic helicopters, too - would love to see the Rotores de Portugal display in the UK one day.

st24

Post by st24 »

SPLAT wrote:What squadron does the Tiger marked one belong to , I did not realise the III were a Nato tiger squadron?

It actually relates to a wasp or hornet - Esq552's badge. http://www.emfa.pt/www/po/esquadra/esq552
Great post, +1 for getting the team over here, well at least Europe somewhere...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Rotores, there's a team that's very high on my wishlist!