Nellis AFB Red Flag 14-1 re-uploaded

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
Fumbles

Nellis AFB Red Flag 14-1 re-uploaded

Post by Fumbles »

I had a go at posting a couple of shots yesterday on photobucket... After seeing the difference with Flickr, I have now created an account. So for a first time user of Flickr here are a few test shots from my time at Nellis AFB last week posted in glorious 1200x :clap:
I'll post some more as I work out the details on Flickr.
Comments and criticism always welcome.

IMGP0236 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP0266 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP0351 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP9515 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP9693 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP9774 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP0289 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP0184 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP0028 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

And one night shot for a test....
IMGP0554 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Luke28

Re: Nellis AFB Red Flag 14-1 re-uploaded

Post by Luke28 »

mate these are awesome!!

The B-2 heading towards Vegas is stunning and well done on becoming one of the few people to capture the F-35 at a flattering angle :lol:

I'm heading over there in May for the first time so can I ask what location around the base you took these from please?

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Luke28 wrote:I'm heading over there in May for the first time so can I ask what location around the base you took these from please?

I was lucky to be there for 3 days hanging around in various locations with a mate of mine who flew in from Texas. Quite a few of my shots were taken from the usual location "Las Vegas Blvd".
For the Aggressor takeoffs that bank topside we parked between Gates 5 and 6 of the speedway. For the short turns into final recoveries we parked near gate 3 and for the far out turns into finals we parked just past gate 4. The shots looking south into the city were taken in the Dunes. These Dunes are about 3 miles north of the threshold and can be a scary place at night.... We found out that homeless people with axes live there (Harmless people I will say) and the dunes are far enough North of Vegas for people to shoot at the signs during the night. :lol:
Have a great time on your trip. Hope this info helps.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Ok to maybe add a little more interest into the thread.... I'll post some more. :smile:

Not many places you get to witness two B-2s flying around... (very Cropped pic) This was even better to see this pair at night during a full moon. Sadly no pictures of that.
IMGP0118 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP0243 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP0258 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP0304 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP9375 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP9591 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP9807 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP9988 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

IMGP0012 by rod.mcdonough, on Flickr

Thanks again for looking, C&C very welcome as these are my first shots using Flickr.

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

Fumbles wrote:
Luke28 wrote:I'm heading over there in May for the first time so can I ask what location around the base you took these from please?

I was lucky to be there for 3 days hanging around in various locations with a mate of mine who flew in from Texas. Quite a few of my shots were taken from the usual location "Las Vegas Blvd".
For the Aggressor takeoffs that bank topside we parked between Gates 5 and 6 of the speedway. For the short turns into final recoveries we parked near gate 3 and for the far out turns into finals we parked just past gate 4. The shots looking south into the city were taken in the Dunes. These Dunes are about 3 miles north of the threshold and can be a scary place at night.... We found out that homeless people with axes live there (Harmless people I will say) and the dunes are far enough North of Vegas for people to shoot at the signs during the night. :lol:
Have a great time on your trip. Hope this info helps.

Homeless people with axes in the desert? Now I cant get 'the hills have eyes' out of my head :lol:

Yes mate the info has definately helped, what size lens were you using?

henk99

Post by henk99 »

Wow! That B2 with the Vegas backdrop is truly awesome! :clap:
| Erlanger Bergkirchweih | RIAT 2023 | Belgian Airforce Days 2023 | Frysian Flag 2023

Spitfiregirl007

Post by Spitfiregirl007 »

Superb shots dude! :clap: :biggrin:

sithrity

Post by sithrity »

WOW that's is a great set you've got there mate. Luke can you make some room in your suitcase :drool:
I don't know everything there is to know about our hobby.

Kids, aviation, missus then responsibilities, (in that order)

sovietjet

Post by sovietjet »

Cool shots! Which dates were you there?
Ivan Voukadinov