Hants & IOW Air Ambulance

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
kjshaw01

Hants & IOW Air Ambulance

Post by kjshaw01 »

Hi All,

A low level buzzing of Alverstoke told me that the Air Ambulance was heading onto Stokes bay this morning. She picked up a Sunday league footballer who'd damaged his ankle and whisked him off to QA in Portsmouth for treatment: -

Kev

FastJetsBest

Re: Hants & IOW Air Ambulance

Post by FastJetsBest »

Ahhh yes, I saw this today while walking home from shopping in stubbington, shame I didn't have no camera stuff on me.

Great set, good to see someone catching it.

RS2

Post by RS2 »

Like the new scheme on G-WMAS, nice photos.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Wow where did that come from. This is the story. Only been HIOW for 4 days. Great scheme but apparently they are going back to yellow in June.

Further to the announcement earlier this week that Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance will be operating an enhanced model of the familiar Eurocopter 135 with effect from June 2014, the charity is pleased to announce that branding and conversion work has already begun on the new helicopter.

In the interim, as part of Bond Air Service’s re-positioning of aircraft within their fleet, from Thursday 27th February, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance will be operating another Eurocopter 135 . The helicopter will carry the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance logo and branding. However, the eagle eyed may spot that it looks slightly different from the usual branding that has become such a familiar sight across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, and that will return to service in June 2014.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Phil Standfield

Post by Phil Standfield »

Nice catch. looks like you were lucky to get this one in these colours
Stan

kjshaw01

Post by kjshaw01 »

Thanks all, was pleased to catch this at close quarters.

Kev