Display Typhoon.

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
gary1701

Display Typhoon.

Post by gary1701 »

Gents,

With time on my hands I thought I'd head up to Lincolnshire and try and get the 'new' Typhoon, despite knowing the light wasn't going to be good. I don't know what to make of it so will reserve judgement but here's a couple from the morning sortie, although against the light unfortunately. Also a couple departing 07 this afternoon, when just a small glimmer of light appeared.

Gary
Last edited by gary1701 on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My photo website

My name's Wild Bill Kelso, and don't you forget it! - John Belushi, 1941.

zoomer

Re: Display Typhoon.

Post by zoomer »

Good shooting - nice to see the scheme, but I'm not sure about it either.

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Extend the black down the spine and cockpit...............but then some european fast jets have been toned down or gone completely so thumbs up for trying.

bigcrow

Post by bigcrow »

Nice shooting Gary, looks a little better with some light on it, if 29 are looking paint the spine black which would then make it look more appealing... :smile:

Stu

Post by Stu »

Nice shooting I recon its ok but does need the light on it as in last 2 shots to stand out :clap:
Olympus Cameras

UBC780XLT
DJ-X10
DJ-X3

Representing www.simplyplanes.co.uk

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Highlight the tail design a bit more and paint the spine and I reckon it could look smashing. How are you able to get so close to the aircraft?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

Looks nice, but then again you can't see the canards.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

Doesn't look so bad, but I do think that the bird design on the fin would benefit from being in a more contrasting colour...it is barely visible in the shots taken in dull light

As for the canards, I reckon they rather mar what is a quite attractive scheme - but one that would benefit from extension of the black down the spine.
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

adamp89

Post by adamp89 »

don't they normally have 2 display schemed typhoons, one for flying and one for static?, maybe the latter's what the canard design is for
Adam

gary1701

Post by gary1701 »

Thanks guys, best I could do given the conditions.

adamp89 wrote:don't they normally have 2 display schemed typhoons, one for flying and one for static?, maybe the latter's what the canard design is for

Well, at the risk of setting off hoots of laughter, 29's 'Bravo Whiskey' has also gained the display team 'decal' on the fuselage, so that's probably intended to be the primary back up aircraft. I know...

Look on the bright side about the trim down the fuselage. It won't end up like the 3 Sqn jet which had a replacement canopy fitted ages ago and then wasn't touched up with the trim. It now looks rather odd and it's been like that for about a year.

Gary
My photo website

My name's Wild Bill Kelso, and don't you forget it! - John Belushi, 1941.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

What are you missing? This is clearly a Tracey Emin design featuring '3 kisses & a bottle-opener'. Forward thinking & creativity have spurned the historic squadron motif in favour of a half-arsed 'Banksy' inspired graphic. They say it's the thought that counts, & given the Dutch display F-16 is a 'DAD' now (Dull as Ditch-water!) maybe we should be glad for anything? ....Nahh! :down:

Plane Mad

Post by Plane Mad »

Nice catch Gary, well worth the trip. :clap:
If enough power is good, & more is better, than WAY TOO MUCH should be just about right!!!