Duxford Bimble ~ *UPDATE 2 10Apr14*

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Pen Pusher

Duxford Bimble ~ *UPDATE 2 10Apr14*

Post by Pen Pusher »

A bright, sunny but blustery day at Duxford and a bit of war bird movement this morning when the HAC Hurricane was trundled up from ARCo to 3 hangar and P-51 'Ferocious Frankie went back in the opposite direction. Plenty Easter holiday activities taking place in AirSpace with plenty of children building Airfix kits, trying on uniforms etc. and next to the psychedelically lit Avro York an opportunity to drive a remote control tank around an obstacle course. They said I was to old to have a go. Early afternoon and the Me.108 went flying again.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Re: Duxford Bimble ~ 08Apr14

Post by tankbuster81 »

Nice selection Brian, is the ME108 the same machine Lindsay Walton used to own?
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Correct, the Me108 is the ex-Lindsay Walton machine.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Cheers Brian, he was a lovely chap.Wonder where he is now? He was a sugar beet farmer i believe? in Wisbech. Also owned my Favourite Corsair, and i think another aircraft called an Alcyon or something?

Jeff Hunt

Post by Jeff Hunt »

Always top shelf stuff Brian. Thanks for the pictures and the narrative that accompanies them. Duxford is on my bucket list...maybe next year for the 75th BoB celebration.

Cheers,

Jeff

Mike

Post by Mike »

tankbuster81 wrote:Cheers Brian, he was a lovely chap.Wonder where he is now? He was a sugar beet farmer i believe? in Wisbech. Also owned my Favourite Corsair, and i think another aircraft called an Alcyon or something?

The last time I saw him he was quite poorly, that was quite a few years ago now. Lovely man! His farm was at Tydd St Mary, near Sutton Bridge.

Lindsey also had a Stearman with a Rawdon canopy conversion, and a rather smart Comanche too.

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford Bimble ~ 09Apr14

Post by Pen Pusher »

A busy day at Duxford with lots of visiting GA aircraft taking advantage of the light wind and sunshine. Center stage was the two Mk.1 Spitfires that went down to ARCo with John Romain taking N3200 for a flight in the afternoon. P9374 hadn't flown by the time I left. Just as N3200 was starting up, Cliff Spink flew in with the Desert Buchon with some aerobatics over the airfield before landing. The Me.108 was airbourne again with two flights. Having traveled down to ARCo the day before, 'Ferocious Frankie' was moved back to 3 hangar.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Mike wrote:
tankbuster81 wrote:Cheers Brian, he was a lovely chap.Wonder where he is now? He was a sugar beet farmer i believe? in Wisbech. Also owned my Favourite Corsair, and i think another aircraft called an Alcyon or something?

The last time I saw him he was quite poorly, that was quite a few years ago now. Lovely man! His farm was at Tydd St Mary, near Sutton Bridge.

Lindsey also had a Stearman with a Rawdon canopy conversion, and a rather smart Comanche too.

Any idea where his Aircraft are nowadays?, i'd be interested to know.

duxman

Re: Duxford Bimble ~ *UPDATE 09Apr14*

Post by duxman »

A few further pictures of the activity today at Duxford when both Spitfire 1s P9374 and N3200 flew and the Buchon G-AWHE arrived.

Duxman

Flikr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/64209520@N05/

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford Bimble ~ *UPDATE 2 10Apr14*

Post by Pen Pusher »

Another day of war bird action with the Me.108 having a couple of flights during the day. Late afternoon and John Romain took the Desert Buchon, that arrived yesterday, for a flight to the north with some aerobatics over the airfield on his return. Half an hour later and he was in the cockpit of Spitfire Mk.1a/N3200 and after a trip to the north he was back over the airfield with more aerobatics and a missed approach before landing. An Apache spent about half an hour doing circuits and wing overs late morning and I think it's the only time I've been able to get a side view showing the serial, ZJ224, on the tail.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

flygirl

Post by flygirl »

Lovely shots.
We're not lost. We're locationally challenged. http://planemadanna.blogspot.com/

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Lovely photos Brian,and really like the Apache shot,it seems they visit fairly often. :smile: