Talking Point: Volunteers Wanted

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Talking Point: Volunteers Wanted

Post by UK Airshow Review »

We are looking for volunteers to participate in an exciting feature for UKAR. "Talking Point" will involve two individuals submitting a short written debate on a particular issue.

If you feel that you are suitable, and would like to participate in writing submissions for one side, then please PM the UK Airshow Review account with the subject title as "Talking Point" and include your name, whether you have found someone willing to argue the other side, the proposed topic you wish to debate and whether you're arguing for or against.

Your own topic ideas are welcome, some examples (which you may choose) include:

XH558 - Is she still "the people's aircraft"?
F-35 - The right choice for Britain?
RIAT - Still the show by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts?
Classic Jets - The future of the airshow scene?
Corporate Sponsors - A necessary evil or defacing history?

The written debate will be up to a maximum of 400 words each, with an additional 150 words (should you wish to use them) to reply to any points your opponent makes that you don't expressly deal with initially.

The written submissions will be given to the UKAR Staff team who will proof-read and moderate if necessary, and they will then be published as a feature on the main web-page. Other members may then discuss the points made on the forum, and decide a winner via a survey.

This feature is dependant on YOU, so if you have something you would like to write about then drop us a PM.

Flare Path

Re: Talking Point: Volunteers Wanted

Post by Flare Path »

I have a good idea to develop this even further using an online radio broadcast, which could also double as a downloadable podcast. Quite happy to host each episode. :grin:

I'd be interested in working with Tom - or another member of the forum team - to achieve this, if you're interested.

Get in touch. :up:

TomTwin

Re: Talking Point: Volunteers Wanted

Post by TomTwin »

Im also up for doing this - name the topic and I'll get cracking!