Farewell Vera

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Tonka 617

Farewell Vera

Post by Tonka 617 »

I received an invite to RAF Coningsby after receiving a request asking if one of my Waddington photos could be used to be framed and presented to Gp Capt Stringer as a leaving present

It was a privilege to be so close too two beautiful aircraft and witness Vera & Thumpers last flypast together. A morning which most certainly is the highlight of my year.

Here are some photos from this mornings event.

ImageCanadian Warplane Heritage Museum Lancaster "Vera" by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

ImageCanadian Warplane Heritage Museum Lancaster "Vera" by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

ImageFueling & Loading Vera For Home by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

ImageVera & Thumper Awaiting Their Crew by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

ImageBBMF Lancaster "Thumper" by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

ImageBBMF Lancaster "Thumper" by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

ImageThumper Watching As Vera Taxis Out by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

ImageThumper Waving Goodbye To Vera by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

ImageVera & Thumper Taxi Out to Take-off by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

Vera & Thumpers final flight together was an emotional sight to witness
ImageOne Last Flypast Together by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

A huge thank you to the CWHM for bringing Vera over to give us an unforgettable summer.

Have a safe journey back and a well earned rest :clap:

ImageFarewell Vera - Thank You For The Memories by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

flashman8

Re: Farewell Vera

Post by flashman8 »

cracking shots.............................. :yahoo: :yahoo:

love the final flypast one, its brilliant :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sony A700, A550, , Minolta 135, 500, Sigma 10-20, Sony 18-70, 50,70-300GSSM,Tamron 17-50,90mm

pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

Excatly what flashman said :up: .Very sad its going back,will airshows ever be the same? :sad:

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Love the shots! I bet there were a few with Lumps in their throats. Its been an Awesome Tour. Safe flight home guys.
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

What a fabulous opportunity, congratulations on your photograph being used :clap:
Which photo was it?

Number 6 and 9 for me!!!!

Cheers,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

There's some very nice images in there, especially the taxying out shots. Real sense of occasion today.

Tonka 617

Post by Tonka 617 »

Thanks for the comments guys, it was an incredible and emotional morning witnessing the final moments in this chapter of aviation history.

RRconway wrote:What a fabulous opportunity, congratulations on your photograph being used :clap:
Which photo was it?

Number 6 and 9 for me!!!!

Cheers,
Jeff.

This is the photo that the station commander asked to use, Jeff. Gp Capt Stringer was flying the Spitfire in the flypast
ImageSpitfire & Typhoon D-Day Flypast by Michael Hallam Plane & Simple Photography, on Flickr

flashman8

Post by flashman8 »

that's a belter Michael.............. :yahoo: :yahoo:
have made you a contact on flickr, under the name Gordon McGeachie........ :biggrin:
Sony A700, A550, , Minolta 135, 500, Sigma 10-20, Sony 18-70, 50,70-300GSSM,Tamron 17-50,90mm

iGol66

Post by iGol66 »

The photo with two fighters on each side of the Lancs is beautiful