Aviation Art Exhibition in Shrewsbury 15 - 27 Dec 14

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
D200

Aviation Art Exhibition in Shrewsbury 15 - 27 Dec 14

Post by D200 »

Many of you will know that I painted the artwork for the 2013 & 14 RAF Cosford Air Show, and as Operations Manager provided much display information on these pages.

I have retired from the RAF and Cosford Air Show now and will occupy myself as a full time artist. There will be an exhibition of my work at the Bear Steps Galley in Shrewsbury town centre between Mon 15 Dec and Sat 27 Dec 2014. All aviation enthusiasts are welcome to come and say hello. You can see some examples of the paintings that will be on display at http://www.facebook.com/aer0art

The Bear Steps Galley is right in the centre of Shrewsbury town adjacent to one of the two churches with a steeple. If you are familiar with the town; halfway up the hill between Lloyds Bank and WH Smith there is an alleyway by the Siam Thai restaurant and Lads n dads barbers. The alleyway leads to the public toilets opp the Prince Rupert hotel. After the toilets there is a pathway leading right to an historic timber framed building: That is the Bear Steps Galley with a Cafe next door.

All are welcome

Example: http://www.aeroartist.com/Lightning_F6.jpg

reheat module

Re: Aviation Art Exhibition in Shrewsbury 15 - 27 Dec 14

Post by reheat module »

Hoping to make a visit to see a friend in Shrewsbury before Christmas, part of my old stomping ground at AvMT Cosford... Will try to pop in if I can get away from Traitors Gate or The Hole in the Wall (if both are still there). Good luck with the exhibition
Canon systems

D200

Post by D200 »

Thankyou; I believe that both establishments you mention are alive and well. Hopefully we will meet soon. The exhibition opens tomorrow morning (15 Dec) at 10am and will be open daily between 10 & 4pm.

D200

Post by D200 »

Opening day went well. A clear blue sky and much support from family, friends and the general public keen to pass on their aviation experiences. In doing so, several have sown the seeds for future compositions.

Bear Steps Gallery 15 Dec 14

D200

Post by D200 »

A look inside the gallery:

D200

Post by D200 »

I may have been many things at Cosford in the last three years, but a 'trader' was not one of them. Looking through your posts, I note that you are generally a Mr Angry adept at contributing inflammitory one liners into debates, so I will refrain from feeding you but before I go I will mention that there are a lot of people on this forum who have appreciated my 'display update' contributions here as Air Show Operations Manager, and in composing the RAF Cosford Air Show publicity posters in recent years. This event is within the catchment area of the Cosford regulars and just may be of interest to some of them. In a week this thread will be history - Merry Christmas.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

MkVDave wrote:Why is this in the Cosford section?

I think it's appropriate to be in here, given Chas's work with the air show team and the area of exhibition.