UKAR advent calendar

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

UKAR advent calendar

Post by UK Airshow Review »

If you have forgotten to get yourself an advent calendar then don't worry because the UKAR staff team will be providing you with our own advent calendar via our Facebook and Twitter pages. Each morning until Christmas day we will post an image from a different UK airshow (sorry no chocolate, we thought about sending you all one each day via drone, but lets just say the testing didn't go quite as well as we hoped...don't ask- but we accept no responsibility for loud bangs heard across the country the other night) to help the build up until the annual visit from the burglar who gives more than he takes.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: UKAR advent calendar

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

@rcutlerred13: How far up their own arse the staff @UKAirshowReview pretty much all advent photos are staff ones!

Always nice to know that the efforts are appreciated... :surrender:

To clarify for you Rich, since I don't use Twitter myself, using staff photos doesn't require us to obtain permission from the photographers. POTW is a showcase of "the minions", as you so eloquently put it.

FWIW I thought it was a nice idea and Scott has done very well with it.

Happy Christmas to you too.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Russ

Post by Russ »

Oh dear someone's having a miserable Christmas. :roll:

Considering nearly 2,000 individual photos from the "minions" have featured in POTW - what more could be expected?

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

As Dan and Russ have both said POTW is an excellent showcase of the work of the forum 'minions'. When I came up with the idea (the evening on November 30th - leaving things until late as usual) I wanted it to be separate from POTW and an opportunity to reflect on the UKAR staff team's airshow season and the events that we have attended/reported on. From the overall feedback and stats that I have received I think it can be called a success.

LN Strike Eagle wrote:FWIW I thought it was a nice idea and Scott has done very well with it.

Cheers Dan.

Anyway, the advent calendar countdown is now over and the big day I here. So a Merry Christmas to all :smile:

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Ah yes, POTW, updated month.....no wait updated when someone can actually be bothered to do it, my point was that there are members who's pics out do staff ones by miles which should've featured, instead we get a staff blowing smoke up their own trumpet and we're better than you attitude. Perhaps you'd get more respect if this forum was actually staffed and moderated to a much better standard than the complete arse kissing, troll accepting, allowing constant rule breaking attitude!! :loser: :pinkwafer: :pinkwafer:
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

A single image was used during the advent calendar that belonged to me, however in my eyes the other pictures were of good quality! And at no point have o dont so called "ass kissing"...no-one should be tarnished with the same brush, I take my position very seriously and so do all the other staffers.

With regards to POTW, due to other commitments away from UKAR it cannot be updated as regularly as we like, plus sometimes there is the small matter of people not replying to give us permission; it works both ways!
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

rdchawk wrote:Ah yes, POTW, updated month.....no wait updated when someone can actually be bothered to do it, my point was that there are members who's pics out do staff ones by miles which should've featured, instead we get a staff blowing smoke up their own trumpet and we're better than you attitude. Perhaps you'd get more respect if this forum was actually staffed and moderated to a much better standard than the complete arse kissing, troll accepting, allowing constant rule breaking attitude!! :loser: :pinkwafer: :pinkwafer:

What you got was UKAR staffers posting images they own the copyright to. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're right. We've tolerated your trolling and rule breaking for far too long. I'll see to it that you're banned when I can next be bothered to do it.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
rdchawk wrote:Ah yes, POTW, updated month.....no wait updated when someone can actually be bothered to do it, my point was that there are members who's pics out do staff ones by miles which should've featured, instead we get a staff blowing smoke up their own trumpet and we're better than you attitude. Perhaps you'd get more respect if this forum was actually staffed and moderated to a much better standard than the complete arse kissing, troll accepting, allowing constant rule breaking attitude!! :loser: :pinkwafer: :pinkwafer:

What you got was UKAR staffers posting images they own the copyright to. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're right. We've tolerated your trolling and rule breaking for far too long. I'll see to it that you're banned when I can next be bothered to do it.

Ah yes me who hasn't trolled or broken any rules unlike certain other members on here who are constantly doing it.

But hey as has been used and constantly used as a get out of jail free card "it's just my opinion" so can't be touched unless you ban loads more!!
Whisky Connoisseur

Russ

Post by Russ »

What a hugely naive attitude to have. Given UKAR exists solely on a completely voluntary basis, run by people who do it for absolutely nothing in return, on top of their own respective busy lives, perhaps you be more appreciative of these facts. Rather than just pathetically and childishly mouthing off on Twitter. Having been involved first hand, I can assure you a lot of work and time goes on behind the scenes just to make POTW happen.

If the UKAR team had chosen not to "bother" with the Advent feature, what would you have to moan about?

Merry Christmas you miserable git!

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Russ wrote:

What a hugely naive attitude to have. Given UKAR exists solely on a completely voluntary basis, run by people who do it for absolutely nothing in return, on top of their own respective busy lives, perhaps you be more appreciative of these facts. Rather than just pathetically and childishly mouthing off on Twitter. Having been involved first hand, I can assure you a lot of work and time goes on behind the scenes just to make POTW happen.

If the UKAR team had chosen not to "bother" with the Advent feature, what would you have to moan about?

Merry Christmas you miserable git!

Thank you for this post, as it'll now highlight how poorly staffed/modded this is, you have broke several rules in this post including a major one being a personal attack, so what will staff do about this??
Whisky Connoisseur

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Thank you markvdave

More rule breaking and personal attacks, so action must now be taken with you as well.
Whisky Connoisseur

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The thing is you spend a lot of your time on twitter criticising us over and over. It is a shame that tonight you've blocked me on there so I can't see them to quote.

You are obviously not happy with the forums/website and have a grudge to bare, it amazes me that you continue to return time after time with that attitude. Almost as if you enjoy trying to make yourself look big and clever....

It also amazes me that you have the balls to criticise Scott for trying to bring some festive spirit into the aviation community through a form of advent calendar.

I think it is best that UKAR and you part ways; I support Dan's statement regarding a ban.

The sad thing is this has had to be done in public on Christmas Day when the staff have much better things to be doing.

I apologise to the rest of the membership of our forum for this sorry episode, we try our best for this site not for personal gain but out of pride for being asked to contribute. It's soul destroying and knocks our motivation having to deal with things like this.

Andy

luke

Post by luke »

rdchawk wrote:But hey as has been used and constantly used as a get out of jail free card "it's just my opinion" so can't be touched unless you ban loads more!!

Really? So this is a government run forum with an obligation to let people openly and frequently criticise them?
No, my mistake, it isn't. It's a privately run enterprise who answer to themselves only They can ban anyone they like for any reason they choose. There is no protected status on this forum that I'm aware of and as such they don't have to justify a ban to you or anyone else should they see fit.
What makes you feel that you are untouchable unless you cross some defined 'line'?