By-gone Days Former RAF Ibsley

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
flyholt

By-gone Days Former RAF Ibsley

Post by flyholt »

1ST & 2ND AUGUST 2015

This year is our 25th anniversary so we wanted to have a couple of special items.

On the Saturday, subject to satisfactory air tests, the skies over Ibsley will see the return of one of her own. Spitfire MkVC, EE602 was a "presentation Spit" bought by Uruguayan Railways staff and we know she operated from Ibsley, because she is pictured on the airfield being "presented" to 129 sqd on 31st May 1943. She went on to fly about a hundred missions before being damaged in a landing accident at Martlesham. Her remains were found in Australia! She will appear with an ME108. It will be marvelous to see her return. We hope to have a display about her history and restoration.

The show finale on the Sunday will see a battle from another war. In tribute to the 100th anniversary of WW1 we welcome the Great War Display Team. 2 SE5's, Fokker & Sopwith Triplanes, 2 Junkers CL1's and the BE2. The air battle will be supported by ground launched flak and bomb bursts.

Also in the line up are the Yakovlevs (both days), Lauren Richardson in her Pitts S2 (both days), Junmann & Tiger Moth Duo (Sat) and Piper Cub (both days).

Don't forget the fantastic line up of vintage civil & military vehicles, steam engines, stalls and bands.

South Gorley SP6 2PW, SP off the A338. Gates open 1030. North facing crowd line!
CLEAREDTODISPLAY

Disaster Area

Re: BY-GONE DAYS FORMER RAF IBSLEY

Post by Disaster Area »

Hi Phil

Cracking line up for this years By Gone days already!

Torn between which day to visit with the Spitfire on Saturday and GWDT on Sunday, guess I'll have to visit both days!

Chris.

flyholt

Re: BY-GONE DAYS FORMER RAF IBSLEY

Post by flyholt »

As we approach a month to go - here is an update

The Spitfire Mk 5 will now be replaced by another mark from the Heritage hangar.

Due to a marvellous opportunity that has come my way, I've dropped the ME108 to help fund an appearance by the Aces High Dakota from Dunsfold on the Sunday

The Great War Display Team will close the show at 4.15 on the Sunday

I hope some of you can make it to our 25th Anniversary. 1st & 2nd August. Gates open 1030 SP6 2PW
CLEAREDTODISPLAY

Disaster Area

Re: By-gone Days Former RAF Ibsley

Post by Disaster Area »

Just giving this great little event a plug!

Looks a good line up again this year Phil, shame about the 'Ibsley Spit' but its always great to see and hear a spitfire over where they used to operate from.

Looking forward to seeing the Dakota, that will be quite a sight over Ibsley and I'm sure the GWDT will be a great spectacle too.

See you there!

Chris.

flyholt

Re: By-gone Days Former RAF Ibsley

Post by flyholt »

Just a few days to go to the 25th anniversary of ByGone Days.
It is with great sadness that I also announce that the 2 incredible organisers, Elaine and Campbell have decided to make this the last.
By their own admission, they are got getting any younger and the event takes alot of organising.

HOWEVER watch this space as the organiser of the hugely successful Ibsley revival in 2013 and I are already hatching plans to keep an event associated with Ibsley.
SO even more reason to make a special effort to be there, especially on the Sunday when we will say a big thank you to Elaine & Cam.

FLYPRO LATEST - Dakota sadly will not appear, but very hopeful that the Westland Wasp will take its place and be on show in the paddock.
Also an appearance by Gordon Williamson's immaculate Stinson from Compton Abbas.
CLEAREDTODISPLAY