ORBX England Help

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
WG655
UKAR Staff

ORBX England Help

Post by WG655 »

Hi,

I've had a few recent technical problems with my FSX installation which has meant in recent weeks I've had to re-install my entire program (thankfully without the loss of any stuff.)

I use ORBX England scenery however I have noticed three flaws with it since the reinstallation and was wondering whether there were any obvious known fixes to any of these? :smile:

1) Probably 1/3 of the scenery is beige. It is split into obvious patches (beige pieces interspersed with normal pieces.) These patches do have trees on them still however it is frustrating when England looks like a desert! :grin:

2) Much of this scenery has adopted a distinctly flat 2D look. I know it never was fully 3D but I seem to recall many more built-up areas with visible houses.

3) The scenery seems to be present where it shouldn't be (maybe this is where the beige patches have got to?!) I was flying high level over Lincolnshire recently and noticed what seemed to be land drifting well out into what the GPS showed as the North Sea. Also, most water features have disappeared.

Might the problem lie in my settings? I can upload pictures if that would help anyone!

Thanks!

MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Re: ORBX England Help

Post by MarkL »

Hi,

I don't know the answer to your problem however there is a ORBX forum (unofficial) over on Avsim. I've always found answers to my FSX woes on these forums so worth a look. You do need to be an Avsim member, which in its self is not a bad thing, as it's a wonderful resource.

Although I haven't checked, I would be surprised if ORBX don't have their own official support forum too.

Mark
HTAFC

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Firstly check you have Europe selected in the Orbx central control and not global.

Check your scenery order in FSX scenery library too. Sounds like you have a conflict and not a corruption in the scenery library.

Are you running FTX vector / global? as you may need to configure the scenery there

have you downloaded the latest updates from the FTX / Orbx site and also the new FTX central control panel? the new panel allows better control over what installed and not and also check for update patches automatically

latest England is SP004

[url][/https://www.fullterrain.com/support#terrainurl]

let me know how you get on?

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

could you also list your system specs in OS etc?

there are some specific setting that Orbx likes to run. Which unless you a have a reasonable bit of kit you might struggle with. In the Manual there is a recommended list of settings to a rigs specification.

I would also assume this was running all ok before of course too?

also to check that you have tweaked your fsx cfg file too with highmemfix, bufferpools , Affinitymask etc? As these really are a must.

happy to help where I can :smile:

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

Thanks so much Vodka, your advice has worked a treat! :smile:

As you suggested, I installed the updates to the scenery as well as checking the scenery order. I also reconfigured it to match what the manual suggests (in terms of traffic amounts etc) and I am pleased to report it is working better than ever, with none of the problems mentioned above!

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

No problem at all. I've only learnt by a lot of trial and errors and re-installs :facepalm: