RAF Cosford Air Show 2015 - [Official Thread]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Dr_Q

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2015 - [Official Thread]

Post by Dr_Q »

Disappointed that the Lanc, Orion, Mig and RD won't be there, will be interesting if we see the French at Yeovilton and RIAT still.

But it is what it is, and hopefully the weather will play ball tomorrow and we all have a good time.

I'm heading down from a damp Ilkley to hook up with a friend in Telford for the evening who I haven't seen in ages, so looking forward to that too.

Highlights for me will be the F-18, F-16, 727.

Have fun everyone.

RIAT (Mach 2)
Wings over Houston

er, that's about it this year I reckon.

RinkyDinky

Post by RinkyDinky »

Look everyone, It is a real shame that the Mig-29 isn't at RAF Cosford airshow 2015 (believe you me, i'm really disappointed like most peeps)

However, their is a ray of sunshine as the Mig-29 is still scheduled to display in the UK twice this year. So you still have two opportunities to see this awesome plane run through its display rountine OK

Mig-29 UK 2015 Display are

** RIAT 2015 18th /19th July

** RNAS Culdrose 30th July (Just confirmed) :clap: :yahoo:

CJS

Post by CJS »

Can't quite fathom people demanding to know the reason for a cancellation - you've got no right to know, frustrating as that may be!

And please remember that Peter has done a fantastic job of keeping us up to date throughout, including posting here yesterday to confirm the cancellations, when he really doesn't have to. That's the trouble when someone engages with you, you come to expect it when you shouldn't (note to teachers, don't reply to emails after about 7pm or that will also become the expectation! ;-))

On the bright side (hohoho) my weather app says the rain is clearing Cosford by 6pm, not to return til same time tomorrow - which would give the carparks time to dry out a bit ;-)
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The team are extremely busy preparing for tomorrow, they have no time to be posting on any forum giving updates and reasons.

Keep an eye on our Twitter during today as we hope to keep everyone up to date with what's happening at Cosford as it happens.

Andy

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Dutch NH90 Confirmed for static, will be arriving later today. :clap:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

BrizeWatcher wrote:Dutch NH90 Confirmed for static, will be arriving later today. :clap:

Good catch at short notice :)

cobmauler

Post by cobmauler »

Haven't done a comment since 2013, but a tadge dissapointed re Ramex. So I thought I'd ask them vie their facebook page and here is their reply:
Ramex Delta Tactical Display
June 13 at 8:24am

The weather in one hand, and logistic in the other hand. But UK sky will welcome us at RIAT!!!!

And their we have it...simples.

Tomorrow...nothing but blue skies cloudin' my view.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Interesting that people assume this means they won't be at RIAT now. Had no idea these storms would last that long!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

I was thinking about heading over today, then I looked out of the window :shock:

May head over in the afternoon if it improves as forecast
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

tug23

Post by tug23 »

Weather is improving all the time for tomorrow,very little if any rain predicted.

Kieran19

Post by Kieran19 »

Is anyone at the airfield now or currently near by? If so, what is the weather like there? I'm currently in Sandwell and it isnt raining heavily, hopefully its the same there!

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Domvickery wrote:I was thinking about heading over today, then I looked out of the window :shock:

May head over in the afternoon if it improves as forecast

They were my thoughts too.I would have thought that this afternoon might be busier anyway as some of the aircraft are displaying at Biggin today before heading up to Cosford.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Kieran19 wrote:Is anyone at the airfield now or currently near by? If so, what is the weather like there? I'm currently in Sandwell and it isnt raining heavily, hopefully its the same there!

I'm at the train station. It's fair to say that it's rather damp. Apart from a heavy-ish spell recently, it seems to slowly be improving, though.

Viggen37

Post by Viggen37 »

I am quite sure RD , gave the Flying Com a reason .

I would like the Flying Com to give it to those of us here who would like to know , or has Vlad the Slayer imposed rule overnight and free speech and accountability have been swept aside?.
Hardly without all those Mig 29s , Oh ! and the TU 95s have issues at this time also.

With the flow of all the GOOD news , it is a pity the same info stream dries up when it turns to the not so good , then the Snipers come out to play trying to pick off those who would dare place their head above the parapet,

Far to many Assumptions in this thread, all we seek are the facts , if some people do not want to know why , then that's fine I have not criticised or attacked anyone on that side - But I would like to know please ,

"Please Sir, can I have some More " Information , that's all simple request ! ,

A grunt in the Grass, Full body armour on and Barrett Light 50 in Hand ,

Kieran19

Post by Kieran19 »

So it isn't too bad then? Fingers crossed for better weather

CJS

Post by CJS »

The reasons are, as stated by another poster and taken from the French horse's mouths,

" The weather in one hand, and logistic in the other hand. But UK sky will welcome us at RIAT!!!!"

Wouldn't you rather the team were busting a gut doing what they can to find a last minute replacement than pandering to demands for information that won't actually make a difference to anything anyway?

And it's not sniping, it's merely disagreeing with your opinion ;-)
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Viggen37 wrote:I am quite sure RD , gave the Flying Com a reason .

I would like the Flying Com to give it to those of us here who would like to know , or has Vlad the Slayer imposed rule overnight and free speech and accountability have been swept aside?.
Hardly without all those Mig 29s , Oh ! and the TU 95s have issues at this time also.

With the flow of all the GOOD news , it is a pity the same info stream dries up when it turns to the not so good , then the Snipers come out to play trying to pick off those who would dare place their head above the parapet,

Far to many Assumptions in this thread, all we seek are the facts , if some people do not want to know why , then that's fine I have not criticised or attacked anyone on that side - But I would like to know please ,

"Please Sir, can I have some More " Information , that's all simple request ! ,

A grunt in the Grass, Full body armour on and Barrett Light 50 in Hand ,

It's show weekend, the show team are far too busy to come on a forum to answer a few questions at this stage there are far more important things for them to be doing. For example, running an airshow.

And Ramex have already put it on their FB page - a combo of weather and logistics.

Is that so hard to understand? Their is no conspiracy it's a simple case of bad timing and weather that's all!

:dizzy:

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Chris Strawson wrote:The reasons are, as stated by another poster and taken from the French horse's mouths,

" The weather in one hand, and logistic in the other hand. But UK sky will welcome us at RIAT!!!!"

Wouldn't you rather the team were busting a gut doing what they can to find a last minute replacement than pandering to demands for information that won't actually make a difference to anything anyway?

And it's not sniping, it's merely disagreeing with your opinion ;-)

Totally agree, yes I was frustrated yesterday for all of about 5 minutes, then I realised the weather is slightly more important than what's cancelled and why. So 3 acts have cancelled that's life, if it pours down tomorrow then nothing flies, I would rather have the 3 acts cancelled and decent weather, than it rain all day and the 3 acts be here in the country doing nothing.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

smr

Post by smr »

at this rate the airfield will be a boggy marshland!

Viggen37

Post by Viggen37 »

Perspective Gentlemen ,
Perhaps if you were paying in Excess of £550 to attend Cosford show this weekend , ( yes I do know its a show weekend , thank you for pointing that out to me and yes I do know the context in which you , Mentioned it ) you might like to know whats ,what also.

Right well , some of us have a very long drive and a Ferry trip ahead and still have to make all those Sambos,

I am sure the weather will not be as bad as predicted ,

As the F10 Viggen song goes ,
THE SHOW MUST GO , ENJOY .

Light 50 locked in the safe !.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

smr wrote:at this rate the airfield will be a boggy marshland!

Been heavy rain since yesterday teatime and still raining, and me being south east of Brum.
could be a wash out if this rain keeps on.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

RIAT costs me in the region of £1,000 every year but don't demand the minute reasons behind every cancellation :smile:

Brightening up here!

smr

Post by smr »

vulcan558 wrote:
smr wrote:at this rate the airfield will be a boggy marshland!

Been heavy rain since yesterday teatime and still raining, and me being south east of Brum.
could be a wash out if this rain keeps on.

Been raining all night and all day so far here in Leicestershire, one hour away from the airshow. It looks like this could keep up until around 4am tomorrow morning, if that's the case I can't see the fields being dry, could be well advised to bring your wellies!

As for the weather itself tomorrow it does look like it'll be mostly cloudy with a chance of scattered showers (hopefully not though).

smr

Post by smr »

Sunday
A mix of clouds and sun early, then becoming cloudy later in the day. High 63F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday
More clouds than sun. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

According to Acukwik. That would do nicely. :smile:

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

boff180 wrote:RIAT costs me in the region of £1,000 every year but don't demand the minute reasons behind every cancellation :smile:

Brightening up here!

Regardless if you have money or not, that is the attitude to have.
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6