Old Warden Military Pageant

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Old Warden Military Pageant

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Some guff from my memory card. Little annoyed with most of my pics - upgraded from 20D to 50D earlier this year and this was the first outing. Much to learn it seems.

Especially frustrating to have made a hash of all my Blenheim photos - unlikely to see it in such a perfect setting again for a while.

In no order whatsoever...

1)
Shuttleworth Collection Military Pageant 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

2)
Bristol Blenheim Mk.I L6739 (G-BPIV) - Aircraft Restoration Company - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

Having seen the Vulcan at Little Gransden previously, I took a punt on needing to be further back from the crowdline to get a topside and picked a spot in the car park

3)
Avro Vulcan B2 XH558 (G-VLCN) - Vulcan to the Sky Trust - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

4)
Supermarine Spitfire PR MkXI PL965 'R' (G-MKXI) - Hangar 11 Collection - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

5)
Supermarine Seafire Mk.XVII SX336 (G-KASX) - Kennet Aviation - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

6)

7)
Supermarine Seafire Mk.XVII SX336 (G-KASX) - Kennet Aviation - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

8)
Bristol Blenheim Mk.I L6739 (G-BPIV) - Aircraft Restoration Company - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

9)
Supermarine Spitfire PR MkXI PL965 'R' (G-MKXI) - Hangar 11 Collection - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

10)
Avro Vulcan B2 XH558 (G-VLCN) - Vulcan to the Sky Trust - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

11)
Peter Teichman - Hangar 11 Collection - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)
Gloster Gladiator MkI L8032 K7985 (G-AMRK) - Old Warden, July 2015 by Dan B, on Flickr

21)

22)
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Screechy

Re: Old Warden Military Pageant

Post by Screechy »

Good set, good colour and no 13 for me.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Can't see anything wrong with those?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

Nice set, I can't see too much wrong them IMO...

Like the smokey Seafire startup.

Dan

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Speaking as a 50D user. They look good to me.. like the vulcan and Gladiator pic especially.

What do you think of it so far?
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

AndyXH558 wrote:Speaking as a 50D user. They look good to me.. like the vulcan and Gladiator pic especially.

What do you think of it so far?

I like it, but there's a lot to learn, especially in the 'action photography' environment. The 'live view' is fantastic when I'm shooting things in the mini studio though, it's been brilliant for that.

Had it set up how I'd have used my 20D and lost a lot to blur and bad panning I think (first show of the year, usually quite rusty), but beyond that there's the picture styles etc which the 20D didn't have. Yesterday's shots in sunlight have come out very contrasty to my eye (Hangar 11 Spitfire shots a good example), and the ones shot in cloudy conditions are all over the place with colour balance. Might have to invest in bigger memory cards and switch to RAW for the next show and see how that goes.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

They're not too shabby at all Dan.

:clap:

umea4

Post by umea4 »

That's a lovely set - and like the others say, not much wrong at all!

Anthony.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

My Hanger 11 Spitfire top shot in sunlight is almost as contrasty as yours, don't think that there's much that could have been done to improve that. My own personal disappointment is that none of my Blenheim top shots are truly pin sharp for some reason that I can't really figure out.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Hatstand
UKAR Supporter

Post by Hatstand »

Excellent photos, love the Seafire starting up!
Goodbye 600D... Hello FZ150!

TKK 140

Post by TKK 140 »

If you are rusty what are your pictures like if you are not? They look fine to me!
I wondered whether there is a better hosting media for my shots, I use photo bucket but they appear to be less impressive when loaded here than on my machine at home?
Also is there a badge or something similar to identify UKAR members or staff at Airshows? I know that they must be all around me, or more to the crowd centre, it would be good to talk.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

TKK 140 wrote: Also is there a badge or something similar to identify UKAR members or staff at Airshows? I know that they must be all around me, or more to the crowd centre, it would be good to talk.

Now that's a good idea worth taking up surely? :clap:

Great set Dan, nowt much wrong with those.

Andy :smile:

Hatstand
UKAR Supporter

Post by Hatstand »

Blackbird wrote:
TKK 140 wrote: Also is there a badge or something similar to identify UKAR members or staff at Airshows? I know that they must be all around me, or more to the crowd centre, it would be good to talk.

We used to be able to buy UKAR merchandise eg. baseball caps, sew-on patches, "remove before flight" tags etc. I have such things sewn or attached to my gadget bag and rucksack. Struggling to find any mention of the merchandise now though... no longer available?

TKK 140

Post by TKK 140 »

Hatstand wrote:
Blackbird wrote:

We used to be able to buy UKAR merchandise eg. baseball caps, sew-on patches, "remove before flight" tags etc. I have such things sewn or attached to my gadget bag and rucksack. Struggling to find any mention of the merchandise now though... no longer available?

Shame, I saw some guys with remove before flight tags, red with white writing if I remember.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

http://www.airshows.co.uk/store/

I believe Squadron Prints sell the Keyfobs on their stall at airshows - you could pick one up from them at RIAT.

paullangford

Post by paullangford »

Really nice set...love the Seafire startup, I totally stuffed that shot up :lol:

Hatstand
UKAR Supporter

Post by Hatstand »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:http://www.airshows.co.uk/store/

I believe Squadron Prints sell the Keyfobs on their stall at airshows - you could pick one up from them at RIAT.

Is it just me? I don't see any links on the site to the "store"? Can't be good for sales... O_o

And it was the key fobs I was meant - I guess I thought of "remove before flight" tags because they flutter from my rucksack in the same way... :-D

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

No there isn't a link. Removed it from the homepage because I needed to remake the graphics at a new resolution and have neglected to do so.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Great stuff. How do you get that level of sharpness without jaggy-ness? :dizzy:

Lovely angle on the Storch. :up:

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

TKK 140 wrote:I know that they must be all around me, or more to the crowd centre, it would be good to talk.

I must have been very close to Dan at some stage as I've got a very similar shot of the Seafire smoky start-up to his! :shock: