Yeovilton Queue

Yeovilton Queue

Postby Disaster Area on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 8:01 am

Just wondering where everyone else is in the queue to get in?

I'm almost at the entrance to the car park!!
Disaster Area

Re: Yeovilton Queue

Postby MRTT on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 8:12 am

On base now
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey
MRTT

Postby tankbuster on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 8:31 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Just wondering where everyone else is in the queue to get in?

I'm almost at the entrance to the car park!!

I arrived at Hunter carpark at 0750 and drove straight in, no queuing at all
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby Thumper on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 8:50 pm

I gave up, was in the queue for ages and going nowhere, never seen it that bad before!
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby countryman on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 9:14 pm

In Hurricane and on site by 8.15. No problems at all.
countryman

Postby tug23 on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 9:21 pm

Got in and was parked in Hunter car park and in queue by 0810,no problem getting out,left at 1615 :-)
tug23

Postby Andyperkins on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 10:07 pm

No issues getting in for me, left home at 7:40am and was parked up in Vixen by 8:30am
Andyperkins

Postby Richard E on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 10:17 pm

Short hold up getting into the Hunter Car Park this morning but was parked up by 08:45 and was on base by 09:10.

It took about an hour to get out the car park this evening but, again, that's average. However, we should probably apologise the to "gentleman" in the Peugot who was expressing his opinions in somewhat loud and basic Anglo Saxon when he couldn't bully his way into a queue: the rest of us probably didn't realise he had the golden go to the front of the queue ticket :grin:
Richard E

Postby 197cup on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:51 am

Richard E wrote:Short hold up getting into the Hunter Car Park this morning but was parked up by 08:45 and was on base by 09:10.

It took about an hour to get out the car park this evening but, again, that's average. However, we should probably apologise the to "gentleman" in the Peugot who was expressing his opinions in somewhat loud and basic Anglo Saxon when he couldn't bully his way into a queue: the rest of us probably didn't realise he had the golden go to the front of the queue ticket :grin:

My Dad and I were returning to the car park just in time to see his anger :lol:
197cup

Postby techniquest on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:55 am

No problems getting in whatsoever - we were parked up in 'Hurricane' at about 8.20 quickly and efficiently.
However, getting out was another matter. I put most of the blame on the selfish brain-dead who decide to try to skip the queue and make a new lane thus creating more hold ups for everyone - including themselves; but then they're too thick to realise that all they are doing is cause more bottlenecks and delays. :wall:
techniquest

Postby 81TFW on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:29 pm

Arrived at 0710, parked up in a random field near the main gate (usually go into Phantom car park even at this time), in the queue to get in at 0720, usual rush for the flight line, watched until the end, had a leisurely stroll around the static, waited in the car for twenty minutes, straight out at about 1800 with no problems. Great day.
81TFW

Postby farnboroughrob on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:25 pm

was I the only one coming from the east on the A303 to see the signs and end up in the Hunter car park? Been 5 out of last 10 shows and always ended up in Hurricane, as that's what the signs normally say? Still it was pretty easy. I guess around 30 min from end of parking queue, to getting in. Mind you I was smart and dropped my dad at the end of the pedestrian queue while I parked the car, that save a few minutes. Left after the French and no problems getting out, was home by 6.
farnboroughrob

Postby [rgmw]largie on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 7:12 pm

We arrived at Hurricane car park at 9:05 and went straight in with no queuing at all.
Left straight after commando assault and realised the car park was stationary so sat on a grass bank until 6:30. Then joined the queue on the left hand side of the field and all seemed to be moving ok. Problems seemed to be down to people trying to push in as high up the queue as they could so no chance for the back of the queue to move.
Dave
Dave
[rgmw]largie
[rgmw]largie

Postby Disaster Area on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 7:37 pm

We did exactly the same Rob, thought it was different but followed the signs!

Next year we will ignore them and head towards Hurricane as usual!

farnboroughrob wrote:was I the only one coming from the east on the A303 to see the signs and end up in the Hunter car park? Been 5 out of last 10 shows and always ended up in Hurricane, as that's what the signs normally say? Still it was pretty easy. I guess around 30 min from end of parking queue, to getting in. Mind you I was smart and dropped my dad at the end of the pedestrian queue while I parked the car, that save a few minutes. Left after the French and no problems getting out, was home by 6.
Disaster Area

Postby tankbuster on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 7:49 pm

Disaster Area wrote:We did exactly the same Rob, thought it was different but followed the signs!

Next year we will ignore them and head towards Hurricane as usual!

farnboroughrob wrote:was I the only one coming from the east on the A303 to see the signs and end up in the Hunter car park? Been 5 out of last 10 shows and always ended up in Hurricane, as that's what the signs normally say? Still it was pretty easy. I guess around 30 min from end of parking queue, to getting in. Mind you I was smart and dropped my dad at the end of the pedestrian queue while I parked the car, that save a few minutes. Left after the French and no problems getting out, was home by 6.

Also coming from the east on the A303 I saw two signs side by side, pointing in different directions. One went straight on but I followed the traffic to end up in Hunter.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby duffspeed on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 7:46 am

Left home at 5:50, arrived in Hurricane at 8:45 (no queues for parking), at the end of the queue at the gate a few minutes later.

Left my place on the crowd line after the Typhoon (brilliant display), followed the crowds back to Hurricane, waited in a queue for about 20 minutes to get out of the car park, but once out it was easily on to the A303 at the roundabout heading east. Was home just after 8pm.
duffspeed

Postby st24 on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 10:55 am

The only queue I came up against was waiting for the main gate to open which didn't happen until after 9am.. Not used to this, having to wait for an hour to get in! I go to Alton Towers to stand in a queue, not an airshow... :question:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Return to RNAS Yeovilton & Culdrose Air Days