Dawlish Air Show 2015

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Dawlish Air Show 2015

Post by Wissam24 »

From what I gathered on Facebook, no.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

captainfurious

Post by captainfurious »

According to the Vulcan newsletter Dawlish have done it! Congratulations and well done everyone who helped make this happen from behind the scenes to every donation! What a last minute treat. I guess RIAT was goodbye after all.
Last edited by captainfurious on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seacat192

Post by seacat192 »

captainfurious wrote:According to the Vulcan newsletter Dawlish have done it! Congratulations! What a last minute treat.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

captainfurious wrote:According to the Vulcan newsletter Dawlish have done it! Congratulations and well done everyone who helped make this happen from behind the scenes to every donation! What a last minute treat. I guess RIAT was goodbye after all.

Woo hoo! Now just want some sunshine.....

John

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Superb :clap: :clap:
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

rob68

Post by rob68 »

Any idea of what time for the Sea King Friday as it may be the last chance, 4 hour drive from Staffordshire to take in to account

mikek

Post by mikek »

website has a pic of a Whirlwind.
anyone know if there will be one flying in? (I guess on the Friday if so?)

P.S. with the Vulcan booked, I can imagine the traffic to be pretty congested! I live only 15 miles away but will allow an hr by car.
Handsomest UKAR member.

CrowdlinePhotography

Post by CrowdlinePhotography »

StuWeston wrote:A side from the Vulcan, anyone know if there is going to be anymore acts confirmed?

Czech Mates confirmed Dawlish but Dawlish are yet to do so, so maybe.

Logster

Post by Logster »

CrowdlinePhotography wrote:
StuWeston wrote:A side from the Vulcan, anyone know if there is going to be anymore acts confirmed?

Czech Mates confirmed Dawlish but Dawlish are yet to do so, so maybe.

They are in the programme so I think they must already have confrimed them.....

POD

Post by POD »

The Czech mates, will be a Czech mate, solo..... due to a problem with one of the Zlin's... but looking forward to seeing the display nevertheless :smile:
Tiger Tiger!

CrowdlinePhotography

Post by CrowdlinePhotography »

POD wrote:The Czech mates, will be a Czech mate, solo..... due to a problem with one of the Zlin's... but looking forward to seeing the display nevertheless :smile:

Just saw that. Bit of a shame but hopefully they'll be back as a pair next year. I wonder if they'll fly their Stearman? That would be great!

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

How likely is this looking at being a washout? Weather in Plymouth right now is nasty.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Sadly weather looks particularly pants for tomorrow, which is a shame considering the effort that's gone into it. Just can't see me risking a 300 mile round trip as it is. :sad:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

seacat192

Post by seacat192 »

BBC forecast for Dawlish: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2651474

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Well the forecast has steadily been improving so who knows. Weather today in Exeter was mild.

rob68

Post by rob68 »

They are tweeting Rich Goodwin flying now. Reds at 18.56. Looking out of B&B window it's grey grey grey

captainfurious

Post by captainfurious »

Watching the Red Arrows appear out of the gloom was a great moment tonight. Very atmospheric. Camping this week in Dawlish has been a challenge and the constant look on the forecast has been very worrying. However right now it's looks like we might get a show!

Disaster Area

Post by Disaster Area »

Distinct lack of helicopters at the smugglers at the mo. Are there any coming?

googlehead

Post by googlehead »

Watching that Eurofighter display from Smugglers Hill will stick in the memory for a long, long time! The noise was incredible. I found the Vulcan disappointing apart from the great howl it gave during the first pass. Any wingovers were done miles away from the crowd line and it just seemed slow.

Shame about the Reds having to cancel, but again a great day, and no better place to watch an Airshow.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Personally that was the worst vulcan display I've seen. Miles out, tame, more like an airliner. Shame to reward Dawlish efforts with that display.

Typhoon from the hill though. Unforgettable.

Logster

Post by Logster »

Agreed, apart from that first pass it was underwhelming. Typhoon fantastic though and enjoyed strikemaster immensely. Great show and well done all involved.
Was listening to the seafire pilot and he was getting very grumpy with the weather coming in!
Shame about sea vixen too, would have been nice.
Roll on next year!

bristolian1

Post by bristolian1 »

Vulcan an utter disappointment. What a shame for the organisers after all the efforts and hype. I would be asking for a partial refund! Lazy far away "display", slow, boring. Just a tiny smattering of applause afterwards,compared to the Typhoon which was cheered and clapped. These are the last opportunities to properly display the aircraft, maybe only pilots capable of decent quality displays should be allowed to fly from now until the end?

Phil Standfield

Post by Phil Standfield »

Vulcan did seem far out but over the radio he was consistently told he was too near the crowd, so although he looked far away for the flight director he was too close. Typhoon was stunning, big well done to John Beatty for putting in some great passes past the hill in very grim weather before he said he had had enough and was off home.
Stan

Speedbird2

Post by Speedbird2 »

I thought the Vulcan was really poor today like others have said I wondered if the sad event at Shoreham had affected them at all but then again we have seen this kind of display many times before over the years just disappointed as it was the last chance I am ever going to have to see her in the air.

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Who were the Vulcan crew today?
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!