BHX ...Russian night shots!

Photos of commercial airliners
tristarbhx

BHX ...Russian night shots!

Post by tristarbhx »

Hi all...over the last week or so BHX has had some interesting cargo Antonovs plus others....night stopping ..
ImageIMG_6327 1200 UR-CNT by Tristar images, on Flickr
ImageIMG_6300 1200 UR-CNT by Tristar images, on Flickr
ImageIMG_6275 1200 LZ-FLA by Tristar images, on Flickr
ImageIMG_6234 1200 by Tristar images, on Flickr
ImageIMG_6205 1200 by Tristar images, on Flickr
ImageIMG_6131 1200 by Tristar images, on Flickr
all the best

capercaillie

Re: BHX ...Russian night shots!

Post by capercaillie »

Nice shots, but where are the Russians? :biggrin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

SPA

Post by SPA »

capercaillie wrote:Nice shots, but where are the Russians? :biggrin:

Are you serious ?

SPLAT

Post by SPLAT »

Love the reg on the 1st one :biggrin:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

SPA wrote:

Are you serious ?

Very much, we have pictures of aircraft manufactured in Ukraine and Sweden, with registrations from Ukraine, Bulgaria and Poland, with a couple of Hungarian Air Force loitering for good measure, are you John McEnroe? :biggrin:

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Technically the An-12 & An-26's were built in the Soviet era... :roll:

Lovely shots though, gutted I missed UR-CNT.... car is fixed now so no excuse for next time. :yahoo:
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

SPA

Post by SPA »

capercaillie wrote:
SPA wrote:

Are you serious ?

Very much, we have pictures of aircraft manufactured in Ukraine and Sweden, with registrations from Ukraine, Bulgaria and Poland, with a couple of Hungarian Air Force loitering for good measure, are you John McEnroe? :biggrin:

antonov founded 1946 was the USSRs ie russias most important designer and builder of military transports and these were built pre ukranian
independence. everyone i know refers to such types as Russian types hence the title the photographer has used.
regards.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

SPA wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
SPA wrote:

Are you serious ?

antonov founded 1946 was the USSRs ie russias most important designer and builder of military transports and these were built pre ukranian
independence. everyone i know refers to such types as Russian types hence the title the photographer has used.
regards.

Everyone you know? Really? :facepalm: Pop over to Kiev and tell people born before 1990 or even 1946 for that matter they are Russians and see what reception you get. It may be a little frostier than the winter weather.

You could have argued Oleg Antonov himself was a Russian and the company was set up in the Ukraine as it was all part of the Soviet Union, but no you've stated the USSR was Russia. The USSR was not just Russia.

However on the other point referenced, I don't see people photograph say a Polish AF CASA 295 and say Spanish shots........ :dunno:

Anyhow, as mentioned to start nice shots, odd title. :biggrin:

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

I'm with SPA on this one - anything to do with a country that was part of / aligned with the USSR pre 1990 is 'Russian' - it just keeps things a whole lot simplier.

st24

Post by st24 »

speedbird2639 wrote:I'm with SPA on this one - anything to do with a country that was part of / aligned with the USSR pre 1990 is 'Russian' - it just keeps things a whole lot simplier.

Simpler but wrong... or should that be wrongier?.. :grin:
I'm sure the good people working for Let, PZL, Aero, Zlin, IAR etc most certainly would not want to be termed "Russian".

Lovely to see these beauties (Swedish aside!) great to hear them droning over too. :music:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

st24 wrote:
speedbird2639 wrote:I'm with SPA on this one - anything to do with a country that was part of / aligned with the USSR pre 1990 is 'Russian' - it just keeps things a whole lot simplier.

I'm sure the good people working for Let, PZL, Aero, Zlin, IAR etc most certainly would not want to be termed "Russian".

Lovely to see these beauties (Swedish aside!) great to hear them droning over too. :music:

You've missed the point, Let (Czech Republic), PZL (Polish), Aero (Czech Republic), Zlin (Czech Republic) and IAR (Romania) wasn't in the Soviet Union, Antonov (Ukraine) was..
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

st24

Post by st24 »

Maisie wrote:
st24 wrote:

You've missed the point, Let (Czech Republic), PZL (Polish), Aero (Czech Republic), Zlin (Czech Republic) and IAR (Romania) wasn't in the Soviet Union, Antonov (Ukraine) was..

That's a given but the point MrC and I were playfully hinting at is there is nothing Russian in those photos... :biggrin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Calling everything in the USSR "Russian" is like calling everything in the UK "English".

Straight. Up. Wrong.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Say the AN-12's serial as a word loudly and quickly.....

.... go on I dare you :grin:

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

boff180 wrote:Say the AN-12's serial as a word loudly and quickly.....

.... go on I dare you :grin:

It's from a Derek and Clive sketch, isn't it? :grin:

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Wissam24 wrote:Calling everything in the USSR "Russian" is like calling everything in the UK "English".

Straight. Up. Wrong.

Re England / Britain/ Uk until after WW2 that was exactly what happened and its also how the rest of the World sees Britain - to most foreigners Scotland is just Northern England from their point of view.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

A huge amount of people in England think that Inverness is a suburb of Aberdeen (they're over 100 miles apart) and that the most Northerly parts of Scotland are Edinburgh, Glasgow or Perth. I speak from experience !

Mind you, your average Scottish person hasn't much of a clue where a lot of major cities and towns in England are either - it's because they don't give a sh*t, they all go to Benidorm or bloody Lanzarote for their holidays, by-pass England completely and drink bloody Watney's Red Barrel when they get there.

:grin: