Belgian Air Force Days 2016

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Red Dragon

Re: Belgian Air Force Days 2016

Post by Red Dragon »

Skyflash wrote:This show has gone completely barmy. Are they trying to book every act in Europe? :dizzy:

Hope so, I'v booked arrivals day tickets, just for the Turkish Phantoms! :grin:

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

I'll be booking on Monday, I can't wait for RIAT but this show looks insane.

st24

Post by st24 »

Red Dragon wrote:A "not seen very often" display has been added today, The Royal Danish Air Force F-16 Solo Display Team :clap:

Not the best display but worth it for the superb finale fast pass and zoom climb :joystick: :rock:

Skyflash wrote:This show has gone completely barmy. Are they trying to book every act in Europe? :dizzy:

Yep, they usually do!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

st24 wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:A "not seen very often" display has been added today, The Royal Danish Air Force F-16 Solo Display Team :clap:

Not the best display but worth it for the superb finale fast pass and zoom climb :joystick: :rock:

Yep, they usually do!

Hmm and all that Belgian ale as well!!! :heyhey:

st24

Post by st24 »

F-15E & NATO Sentry for static..

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

So it's a straight contest between Belgium and the Netherlands as to which event the NATO E-3 cancels from first...
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Skyflash wrote:So it's a straight contest between Belgium and the Netherlands as to which event the NATO E-3 cancels from first...

And Denmark...

st24

Post by st24 »

PeterR wrote:
Skyflash wrote:So it's a straight contest between Belgium and the Netherlands as to which event the NATO E-3 cancels from first...

And Denmark...

It's not the UK so they won't cancel... :tongue:

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

We've got two chances at Zaragoza first!

shaggy101

Post by shaggy101 »

Couple of little additions;

Belgian Air Force Alpha Jet-E X7 National Colours Flypast (F)
Belgian Air Force Alpha Jet-E (S)
French Air Force EMB-121 Xingu (S)
Yak 18 (S)
Dan,

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Seems to be real difference in this show and the Dutch show,seems this one has pulled the stops out and the other is very lack lustre tbh!

shaggy101

Post by shaggy101 »

Yet another one to be added, looking like an awesome show providing the weather plays ball

Cessna O-2A Skymaster (S) Postbellum Foundation
Dan,

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Two questions for those that have been before please:
What is it like compared to Fairford in terms of traffic on Saturday morning? I'll stay up to an hour away but wondered what time is ok to plan on arrival.
Before I order tickets can someone confirm they are printable and are not posted out?

Cheers.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

The previous show at Florennes was an absolute traffic nightmare so get there early, I know some people who were stuck for 3 hours in a traffic jam to cover the last 2 kilometers in 2012. I have no clue what security measures will be like either, if it's anything like the new measures music festivals here, that is going to cause more disruption and waits.
Tickets are print-out.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Can anyone inform me if there will be a shuttle bus running from the Charleroi airport over the four days? The website has stated for the last few weeks that an update will happen before the show. I'm still waiting to know before I commit to what will probably be the best show in Europe this year.

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Shuttle bus would be very nice so I can get caned at the show. Ibis booked at Charleroi airport, £34/night.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Traveller wrote:Shuttle bus would be very nice so I can get caned at the show. Ibis booked at Charleroi airport, £34/night.

Same here. The AF website says it will update "soon" but nothing as yet!

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Looks like it will happen, they are just organising the detail before publishing the access map. It says train+shuttle though so is there a train station at Charleroi airport? If not I cant be bothered going into the city to get a bus out and will just drive if so. And the bus will have a priority route I hope.

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Two questions for those who have attended airshows at Florennes before.

What time does the flying display start / finish and is it pretty continuous or have a lunch break ?

Understand the rather distant view of the runway from the crowd line on base, remember from TLP days the view from outside at the eastern end being quiet good for landing and taxing shots. Any idea how access might be restricted on airshow days ?

regards Paul

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

(11:19) The access map has finally been partly updated!

BY CAR = Updated

BY MOTORCYCLE = Updated

BY MOTORHOME = Updated

By public transportation = Nothing :question:

DISABLED PERSONS = Updated

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Red Dragon wrote:(11:19) The access map has finally been partly updated!

Like 2012 (and KB 2014) then if that is correct. In 2014, a shuttle was announced and people waited at the indicated bus stop, only to find out that the shuttle service had never been finalized and therefore didn't show up... Unfortunately, nobody had informed the webmaster of this.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Chrisse wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:(11:19) The access map has finally been partly updated!

Like 2012 (and KB 2014) then if that is correct. In 2014, a shuttle was announced and people waited at the indicated bus stop, only to find out that the shuttle service had never been finalized and therefore didn't show up... Unfortunately, nobody had informed the webmaster of this.

Hopefully the webmaster has gone on a teabreak now before updating it :question:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Also: No trains at Charleroi airport, you have to take a bus to the train station at quite extortionate rates.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Chrisse wrote:Also: No trains at Charleroi airport, you have to take a bus to the train station at quite extortionate rates.

Chrisse, how much is the extortionate rate? It looks like my plans are falling apart. I asked them earlier regarding a shuttle bus route via Charleroi

Here's the reply.
there's no shuttles from the airport to airbase. During the BAFDAYS ( no spottersdays) , there'll shuttle between the stations of Philippeville and Dinant.

:sad:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Red Dragon wrote:
Chrisse wrote:Also: No trains at Charleroi airport, you have to take a bus to the train station at quite extortionate rates.

Chrisse, how much is the extortionate rate? It looks like my plans are falling apart. I asked them earlier regarding a shuttle bus route via Charleroi

Here's the reply.
there's no shuttles from the airport to airbase. During the BAFDAYS ( no spottersdays) , there'll shuttle between the stations of Philippeville and Dinant.

:sad:

I can't remember exactly but I believe 5 or 6 Euro (one way). You would still have to get to Philippeville (closer to Charleroi than Dinant) then. Word of caution: In 2012, they also announced a shuttle from Dinant but I have heard from people at the time (don't know if this is correct), it also never ran.