project Pegasus enclosure

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Re: project Pegasus enclosure

Post by Harlequin67 »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upkJfHIj2Ag[/youtube]

The video producer may or may not be right about these predicted closures around Farnborough, but if you are attending the show and were considering these locations you might want to have a re-think.
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

On whats been revealed so far that video is spot on. Will be some not very happy locals I can tell you!

effects

Post by effects »

farnboroughrob wrote:On whats been revealed so far that video is spot on. Will be some not very happy locals I can tell you!

There will be plenty of room still just a bit further back.
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

From what the show said its the whole area up to Tweseldown that will be blocked off?

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

farnboroughrob wrote:From what the show said its the whole area up to Tweseldown that will be blocked off?

Looking at a map, if you draw a line from "The Forresters" at right angles to the runway that line cuts across the very edge of the race course, this I believe will be the "do not cross" line, how that will be monitored and enforced is anyones guess but my reckoning is the plentyfull supply of army Bods in nearby Aldershot could come in handy !

K213

Post by K213 »

Notification rec'd that the enclosure is now open.

Does anyone have an indicative timetable of arrivals and display practices on the run upto the show ?

Excellent suggestion for a donation for each visit to be given to charity.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I would be suprised if anything arrived before July 4th? In the past the odd thing arrived from Waddington on the Sunday evening but thats now not a issue. Unlikely anything US will arrive on Mon, or Tues due to 4th July. Airbus normally Wednesday, F-18's used to be Tuesday evening but they do not seem to be attending? Practice/validation displays will only be 12:30-4:30pm Mon-Fri . Monday and Tuesday normally pretty quiet with many of the public day acts validating. Static aircraft can arrive up to 8PM on the Sunday before the show. Airport is open 7am-10pm week days and 8am-8pm weekends but may close early if no movements. Looks at the daily threads on here, normally a due list posted mid morning almost every day http://fab-aviation-group.proboards.com/ .
Oh and be aware when leaving/arriving at the enclosure when there is afternoon flying on you will only able to drive in/out from the Aldershot direction.