Belgian Air Force Days 2016

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Red Dragon

Re: Belgian Air Force Days 2016

Post by Red Dragon »

Chrisse wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:
Chrisse wrote:Also: No trains at Charleroi airport, you have to take a bus to the train station at quite extortionate rates.

Chrisse, how much is the extortionate rate? It looks like my plans are falling apart. I asked them earlier regarding a shuttle bus route via Charleroi

Here's the reply.
there's no shuttles from the airport to airbase. During the BAFDAYS ( no spottersdays) , there'll shuttle between the stations of Philippeville and Dinant.

:sad:

I can't remember exactly but I believe 5 or 6 Euro (one way). You would still have to get to Philippeville (closer to Charleroi than Dinant) then. Word of caution: In 2012, they also announced a shuttle from Dinant but I have heard from people at the time (don't know if this is correct), it also never ran.

Thanks for the info, however I'm not willing to go to the extra expense of having to get a bus to the train station then train to Philipeville to queue up for a shuttle bus that only might be running, to end up in what has been described as a big traffic jam. Thanks for the info Chrisse, but I'm going to cancel my hotel booking.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Well, the info they posted now is a bit encouraging because it makes me think they are organizing the shuttles themselves rather than come to an agreement with the regional bus company, which is where it went wrong in the past.

A free shuttle is organized from the SNCB Station of Dinant and from the SNCB Station of Philippeville.
A second free shuttle is also organized from the city centre of Florennes, Place de la Chapelle.

Pay attention: the number of places is limited and the registration for these shuttles is mandatory for adults and children.
Register for the shuttle of your choice when you buy your entry ticket.

Shuttles Dinant-BAFDAYS

Departure to Florennes Air Base from the SNCB Station of Dinant
Saturday 25th of June at 08.20am or 08.50am
Sunday 26th of June at 08.20am or 08.50am

Return to the SNCB Station of Dinant from Florennes Air Base
Saturday 25th of June at 03.00pm or 08.00pm
Sunday 26th of June at 03.00pm or 08.00pm

Shuttles Philippeville-BAFDAYS

Departure to Florennes Air Base from the SNCB Station of Philippeville
Saturday 25th of June at 09.00am
Sunday 26th of June at 09.00am

Return to the SNCB Station of Philippeville from Florennes Air Bases
Saturday 25th of June at 08.15pm
Sunday 26th of June at 08.15pm

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Ramex Delta ( from official Facebook)

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

Chrisse wrote:Ramex Delta ( from official Facebook)

Fantastic news. We were a little short on fast jets............ :smile:

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Is anyone looking to lift share from the UK? I have tickets for the whole weekend / spotters day but my car decided to die and I'm not sure if I can afford hire car + the tunnel/ferry etc on my own. I'm based in Cornwall so could meet anyone in the South pretty easily.

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

I hate relying on public transport. Which is why the week before when I'm in Belgium for the graspop metal meeting I'm taking folding bromptons. Far better cycle hammered along the canals than try and get a taxi or whatever.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

G-CVIX wrote:Is anyone looking to lift share from the UK? I have tickets for the whole weekend / spotters day but my car decided to die and I'm not sure if I can afford hire car + the tunnel/ferry etc on my own. I'm based in Cornwall so could meet anyone in the South pretty easily.

:facepalm: You posted 48 hours too late! I've just paid for a train to London for a Aviaprints trip to FL

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

French AF A400 static (from Facebook)

buccs2b

Post by buccs2b »

Just check the Spottersday page, under security it says: "the backpacks or of similar size are forbidden" implying only chairs and cameras are permitted. Has anyone been before and experienced this? Or am I missing something?
I hear gliders

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

I'd suggest you contact them Tony

http://www.belgianairforcedays.be/en/contact/Contact

At KB last year, in batches of 100 or so we were all requested to put our camera bags down on the ground so sniffer dogs could do their thing, there were some photographers there who literally carried a house on their back, the sniffer dog had a sniff, then had a pee on some bags and everyone was let through, no questions asked.

buccs2b

Post by buccs2b »

Cheers Pete,

Enquiry made. I hope they are permitted, don't fancy lugging my kit freehand over the base

Tony
I hear gliders

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

No problem, I suppose as an alternative you could buy one of those collapsible four wheel drag along trolleys from B&Q? :lol:

buccs2b

Post by buccs2b »

Just had confirmation back, camera backpacks are allowed

Trolley? Funny you should say that there will be one of those :lmao:
I hear gliders

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Something like this?

:lmao:

PS: I might need to rent a little room for some of the sqn tat I'll be buying! :lol:

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Seems buccs2b's/ Tony's enquiry has made the BAF explain their bag policy a bit more :grin:

http://www.belgianairforcedays.be/en/articles/safety-instructions

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Red Dragon wrote:Seems buccs2b's/ Tony's enquiry has made the BAF explain their bag policy a bit more :grin:

I fail to see how it clears things up though :shock: So glad footwear is allowed.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Chrisse wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:Seems buccs2b's/ Tony's enquiry has made the BAF explain their bag policy a bit more :grin:

I fail to see how it clears things up though :shock: So glad footwear is allowed.

It states now that camera bags are ok
The pushchairs, folding chairs, cameras, little bages are allowed but will be subjected to an in-depth check
(how big is little?)

However, now....

The backpacks or of similar size are forbidden
The old quote was that ALL backpacks would be barred. It is very vaguely worded though :question:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Red Dragon wrote:
It states now that camera bags are ok
The pushchairs, folding chairs, cameras, little bages are allowed but will be subjected to an in-depth check
(how big is little?)

However, now....

The backpacks or of similar size are forbidden
The old quote was that ALL backpacks would be barred. It is very vaguely worded though :question:

I don't see how it says camera bags are allowed. It says cameras are allowed, and small bags. I read the French site because that is the original text and not some oddly translated version of it. The French version doesn't mention camera bags any more than the English page does though. It boils down to what you call a small bag. I reckon most people's camera bags here would stretch any interpretation of "little".

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Facebook page updated: Separate line for photobags on showdays. We need to be understanding, I think. Belgium is still digesting 22 March.

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Perfectly understandable. The French are still on security overdrive for their shows too. On a selfish point I hope the separate lines are clearly signed to avoid confusion and that there is more than one person checking bags!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

I share that hope. (Erasing single language signs in Hungarian at ticket desk at Kecskemet 2010 from memory ;) )

Doordelens

Post by Doordelens »

Belgian Air Force days just confirmed:

During the spottersdays (friday 24th and monday 27th) the Security checks will be adapted to guarantee a smooth entrance. Only for spotters.
During the Airshow days (saturday 25th and sunday 26th), a specific Security lane will be opened for visitors carrying photobags. Keep in mind that this may cause delays.
Greetz RB Junior

Doordelens Airshow Photography
http://www.doordelens.nl
http://www.facebook.com/doordelens.airshow

roberto

Post by roberto »

Map of the airshow, all static on parallel runway with people all around them.
Everything is now west of the TLP flightline, so no taxishots of display aircraft on eastern taxiway

st24

Post by st24 »

Slovaks, Turks, Greeks, Austrians, USAF, and RAF /GAF Typhoons, MH434 arrived today. Very hot n humid.. :sweat:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Does anyone know of a live stream for this one? Couldn't make it in the end so I'd love to view it some how.