Herne Bay Air Show 2016

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
LittleRedTrain

Herne Bay Air Show 2016

Post by LittleRedTrain »

Looks like the Herne Bay Air Show will be taking place again this year, on 14th Aug, but only if the Reds are able to take part.
Looks like a change from the original plan, which was to not hold another event until 2017.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/herne-bay/news/a-59571/

At least as a seaside show, hopefully it won't be too badly impacted by any new CAA restrictions.

Sounds like quite an ambitious line-up, I'm surprised that they've announced so many acts so early.
They're talking about BBMF, Typhoon, A400M, P-51, Breitling Wingwalkers, plus aspirations to get some international teams and things like 'Sally B' and Meteor.

It was an enjoyable event last year (and Herne Bay is a nice location), so I do hope they manage to pull it off.

TouchDown

Re: Herne Bay Air Show 2016

Post by TouchDown »

I'm surprised that they've announced so many acts so early

Especially as I don't think the RAF have had their allocation meeting to confirm where display assets will be going.

TD

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

RAF display allocations haven't been allocated, ratified, or announced yet. I think the article simply lists the items they've requested. :sleepy:

LittleRedTrain

Post by LittleRedTrain »

Herne Bay Promo Team have just confirmed on Facebook that they've been allocated the Reds as well as BBMF and Typhoon, so sounds like the show will be going ahead!

Let's just hope the change to CAA charges doesn't throw a spanner in the works, they've already publicly expressed their concern about them.

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

Strikemaster added to the lineup.

BelgianF16Demolover

Post by BelgianF16Demolover »

I would love to see some international stuff i:e Belgian F-16A MLU Demo and if there is enough money in their budget then I wouldn't mind having 3 other F-16 Demo's at Herne Bay Air Show 2016 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

BelgianF16Demolover wrote:I would love to see some international stuff i:e Belgian F-16A MLU Demo and if there is enough money in their budget then I wouldn't mind having 3 other F-16 Demo's at Herne Bay Air Show 2016 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Care to explain where you are going to get the money for 4 F-16s at a show the size of Herne Bay, what countries would they be from?
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

BelgianF16Demolover

BrizeWatcher wrote:
BelgianF16Demolover wrote:I would love to see some international stuff i:e Belgian F-16A MLU Demo and if there is enough money in their budget then I wouldn't mind having 3 other F-16 Demo's at Herne Bay Air Show 2016 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Care to explain where you are going to get the money for 4 F-16s at a show the size of Herne Bay, what countries would they be from?

I would be very happy to help Team Bay Promo out with a sponsored bike ride that will cover the cost and any other extra costs for example if they wanted (not saying its not going to happen but if they wanted the USAF) "Thunderbirds"(example that is)I could try to raise enough money to fund it

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

BelgianF16Demolover wrote:
BrizeWatcher wrote:

I would be very happy to help Team Bay Promo out with a sponsored bike ride that will cover the cost and any other extra costs for example if they wanted (not saying its not going to happen but if they wanted the USAF) "Thunderbirds"(example that is)I could try to raise enough money to fund it

Not sure a bike ride is going to get enough money for the USAF display team.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

BelgianF16Demolover

BrizeWatcher wrote:
BrizeWatcher wrote:

How will it get enough money from to get a good display team from then (part from the UK Red Arrows)

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

BrizeWatcher wrote:
BrizeWatcher wrote:

How will it get enough money from to get a good display team from then (part from the UK Red Arrows)

It depends if Herne Bay is allocated these acts, doing something to raise money will not get the team over here!
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

BelgianF16Demolover

BrizeWatcher wrote:
BrizeWatcher wrote:

Ok

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Money isn't the issue, it's getting the respective Air Forces to allocate them.

LittleRedTrain

Post by LittleRedTrain »

Bay Promo Team have just announced on Facebook that the Norwegian Mig-15 is attending.

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

http://baypromoteam.co.uk/herne-bay-air-show/

It's a good line up and if it's half as successful as last year it will be a winner. :clap:
Listen to that Gipsy music.....

Dragon Rapide

LittleRedTrain

Post by LittleRedTrain »

Disappointed to see they're closing Neptune's Arm (the sea wall protecting the harbour) this year.

Last year it was a very civilised place to watch the show, away from the noisy attractions and children running around the beach area.
Guessing it's now considered too close to the display line.

The VIP area is very tempting though, at £25/head.

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

Indeed but hardly surprising I suppose.

That will be money well spent and that's exactly where I'd be if holiday plans had not thwarted my plan to be there!!!! :mad: :mad:

Dragon Rapide

grant_w

Post by grant_w »

Norwegian Vampire and Sea Vixen added :clap:

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

Noooooo!!!! :whistle: I should have known better before booking the holiday and realised that the fantastic Bay Promo Team would have gone ahead with a show this year instead of waiting until 2017, as originally planned.

It's going to be a GREAT show for sure and missing out on those two latest show stoppers is a real disappointment. Ah well - lesson learned and next time I'll wait!! :wall:

Dragon Rapide

BDL

Post by BDL »

It really is turning out to be a cracking line up!

Now to persuade the Mrs that she wants to spend the day by the beach ;-)

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

I'm sure you'll have no problem!! But good luck anyway!! :clap: I shall look forward to the reports and photos on here.... :drool:

Dragon Rapide

LittleRedTrain

Post by LittleRedTrain »

grant_w wrote:Norwegian Vampire and Sea Vixen added :clap:

Sweet, I've never succeeded in seeing the Vixen display!
Glad I got my VIP place when I did, looked like they were all sold out when I last checked.

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Has anyone been to the show in previous years? Is it busy? The classic jets are tempting me this year.

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

Last year's show was terrific. Spectators estimated at 40,000 plus - rather more than the town's population. So everywhere was packed but no problems I was aware of and a great atmosphere. Highly recommended and but for holiday plans previously described I would have been there!!

Dragon Rapide

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

Is the Folkestone Airshow going to come back again ? I really enjoyed the 2012 and 2014 events ! And have been really dissapointed, there hasn't been an Airshow there since then (( I particularly enjoyed the 2014 event, as I was on the famous Leas for part of it. And it was really enjoyable watching Aircraft display below my eyeline.