Historic aircraft at North Weald (Updated 4th September)

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Historic aircraft at North Weald (Updated 4th September)

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

TKK 140

Re: Historics at North Weald

Post by TKK 140 »

Very nice pictures, on the viewing point BBMF, I guess they have to be so careful about security. Which is a shame.

gralee

Post by gralee »

Very nice indeed. What a difference the sun makes! :up: :up:

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

TKK 140 wrote:Very nice pictures, on the viewing point BBMF, I guess they have to be so careful about security. Which is a shame.

I don't follow.... Security for what? Their top secret aircraft from 70 years ago? Or their identities, when they're all on Twitter announcing where and when they'll be, in which aircraft and alongside countless selfies?

The BBMF are to inspire and educate. Far better to do it like this than sit behind security fencing at Southend.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Mark V

Re: Historics at North Weald (Updated 29th August)

Post by Mark V »

Very nice shots and nice to meet you too :smile:

Elliott Marsh

Post by Elliott Marsh »

Cool set. Should be good times ahead for 'Weald with the new aircraft taking up residence.

I'm fairly certain the BBMF operate a strict overnight hangarage policy, hence their decision to use places like Southend on a semi-regular basis - I can't say that with authority though. I don't think there's space at NW at the moment to hangar them. They do visit public airfields though, such as White Waltham, depending on where they're displaying etc.

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

An excellent set, from one of the most interesting and accessible airfields in the country. The low shot to finish with the dandelions is POTW material.

WG655
UKAR Staff

Re: Historic aircraft at North Weald (Updated 30th August)

Post by WG655 »

Very nice shots - looks to be a hive of activity! :drool:

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Historic aircraft at North Weald (Updated 30th August)

OK, so I lied. Shoot me. Processed a few more from last Friday...

North American P-51D Mustang 472035 "Tall In The Saddle" (G-SIJJ) - Hangar 11 Collection - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

North American P-51D Mustang 472035 "Tall In The Saddle" (G-SIJJ) - Hangar 11 Collection - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

Some pics of the Vampires parked up.

de Havilland Vampire T.55 LN-DHZ - Norwegian Historical Squadron - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

de Havilland Vampire FB.6 SE-DXS - Norwegian Historical Squadron - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

de Havilland Vampire T.55 LN-DHZ - Norwegian Historical Squadron - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

de Havilland Vampire FB.6 SE-DXS - Norwegian Historical Squadron - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

Can never get a good shot of the MiG-15, I find the light on it is always so contrasty and being parked where it is, it's difficult to get a clean photo anyway.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15UTI "Red 18" (N104CJ) - Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15UTI "Red 18" (N104CJ) - Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

Hope to see this fly a few times before the year is out, as it's due a repaint over the winter...

North American TF-51D Mustang 44-14561 (G-TFSI) - North Weald Heritage Aviation - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

And another couple of the B-25 to end. Got nothing of much use from the parking spot as it was heavily backlit and although you could walk around it, being on the cross runway you couldn't stray too far and the 70-300 was too much zoom at such close range.

North American B-25N Mitchell 44-29507 (PH-XXV) - Royal Netherlands Air Force Historical Flight - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

North American B-25N Mitchell 44-29507 (PH-XXV) - Royal Netherlands Air Force Historical Flight - North Weald, August 2016 by Dan B, on Flickr

Elliott Marsh

Re: Historic aircraft at North Weald (Updated 4th September)

Post by Elliott Marsh »

The composition on the first shot of the last batch deserves a double thumb :up: :up: